Cruisenext double deposits promo extended again :)

aerospace

Well, I have to say that was super easy! I decided to go for it and bought 1voucher off ebay to try it out. Within an hour after payment the voucher had been transferred to my NCL account. I had actually already made payment in full but hadn't added the service charge yet so I added them and they are refunding the additional amount to my credit card.

Easy way to save $50. We have 3 rooms, so will be on the lookout for 5 more.

Thanks,

Donna:)

Just to check, and always good to save $50, but you paid$200 for a $250 Certificate?

I could put a couple on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they had a few cheaper but said they wouldn't be available until the middle of October and didn't want to wait that long to try it out!

Let me know if you decide to post them.

Donna

Just to check, and always good to save $50, but you paid$200 for a $250 Certificate?

I'm all for the $200 price. People on here will sometimes say that is too much. Why? It saves the buyer $50 off their cruise. If I only bought 1 at a net of $150 it's splitting the difference - I get $50 - buyer gets $50. That is a win win. :)

I'm all for the $200 price. People on here will sometimes say that is too much. Why? It saves the buyer $50 off their cruise. If I only bought 1 at a net of $150 it's splitting the difference - I get $50 - buyer gets $50. That is a win win. :)
The seller probably only paid $125. They have to pay the eBay fees, but $200 is a great price for the seller. I just hope NCL is watching for people who buy 8 deposits per cruise just to sell them and make a profit off the cruise line and fellow cruisers.

Yes, they had a few cheaper but said they wouldn't be available until the middle of October and didn't want to wait that long to try it out!

Let me know if you decide to post them.

Donna

Be careful with that person on EBay. I bought two from him and when the original date he promised to transfer them came I got an email saying it was delayed for another two weeks (middle of October). He claimed to have the certificates which makes no sense since they can be transferred over in a matter of minutes. He or she ended up refunding me and I bought them from someone else.

Be careful with that person on EBay. I bought two from him and when the original date he promised to transfer them came I got an email saying it was delayed for another two weeks (middle of October). He claimed to have the certificates which makes no sense since they can be transferred over in a matter of minutes. He or she ended up refunding me and I bought them from someone else.

Thanks for the heads up! Was actually thinking about buying from him and have decided against it. I will wait and see if anymore get posted. How often have you seen new ones available?

Thanks,

Donna

Thanks for the heads up! Was actually thinking about buying from him and have decided against it. I will wait and see if anymore get posted. How often have you seen new ones available?

Thanks,

Donna

It's new to me so I just looked this week. I ended up contacting another seller who sold me two of them for $370 total, but it was directly through PayPal. He was willing to sell them a little lower to avoid the fees on eBay. He called NCL with me on the phone and had them transferred as I simultaneously paid for them. It was definitely a little odd, but he was a very nice guy and it was legitimate. I think it's very much a supply and demand thing in terms of price. I did this yesterday morning and everyone of the listings on eBay have increased in price, some by quite a bit. I have also read some of the sellers feedback and they appeared to be selling around $160 each just a few months ago.

The seller probably only paid $125. They have to pay the eBay fees, but $200 is a great price for the seller. I just hope NCL is watching for people who buy 8 deposits per cruise just to sell them and make a profit off the cruise line and fellow cruisers.

I hate people abusing the promotion, NCL may end up eliminating the deal or restricting the certificates to be used by the original purchasers.:(

I hate people abusing the promotion, NCL may end up eliminating the deal or restricting the certificates to be used by the original purchasers.:(

I've been using NCL deposits for over 10++ years. They were generous to begin with, with their terms, and you may have a point, since they are clearly being used on a secondary market for profit.

The double deposit offer, has now been extended 3 times, since I first saw it last fall. I would not be surprised if they tighten up and go by their printed terms. The offer originally was to stimulate late bookings and was not available for bookings past their expiration of the offer. It isn't hard for them to see what is going on with the usage.

I certainly hope the offers keeps being extended, since it's a fantastic savings. I have used 16 this year, ALL purchased by me on board. I've been keeping a bank of at least 6. So, I'd suggest that cruisers, may want to purchase them.

Right now deposits are only $150 so make sure you look into that before you pay $250 for a cruise next.

You clearly don't understand the program.

There is NOTHING to "look into". The END price will be $125 OFF each cruise next deposit used. And depending on the promotion only ONE cruise next deposit is needed to hold an entire cabin (except upper levels).

You do NOT pay $250 for a $260 cruise next deposit, if you buy 2 or more, you pay $125 each. If only a single deposit is purchased, you would pay $150 for a $250 deposit value.

Right now deposits are only $150 so make sure you look into that before you pay $250 for a cruise next.

[/url]

Not sure what you are trying to say. I just booked my wife and I with an Inside Guarantee for the 12/3 Escape Cruise. With fees the total was a little more than $1000. Using two CruiseNext Certificates, my amount due was a bit more than $500. Net, all of the certificate went against my cruise ( saving me $200).

Thanks for drawing my attention to the reduced deposits hidden in the new promo terms. They are currently requiring only $50 per person to secure non-Haven/suite bookings created between October 1 and October 31.

(The usual deposit is $250 or $400 per person for cruises for week-long cruises and longer, again only talking about non-suite bookings.)

It's probably unnecessary to say this, but just in case: Reduced deposits do not save you any money. They don't make your cruise any cheaper, since you still have to pay the full balance at final payment. They do allow you to tie up less money at the time of booking, and there may be some benefit if you have to cancel in the 2 weeks following final payment (not sure about that).

On the other hand, applying a CruiseNext deposit (or two) to your booking actually makes your booking cheaper, so if you had to choose between the reduced deposit promo and CruiseNext, using CruiseNext is the better deal.

But you don't actually have to choose, if you want to take advantage of both offers, because they normally accept CruiseNext deposits as payment towards your cruise balance, too. So you can secure your booking with $50/person reduced deposit, and when final payment comes around, apply your CruiseNext deposit(s) and then pay the balance.

Just got an extra certificate applied to my Escape for March 2017. PCC says they cant add one to my Oct. 2016 Epic since its past final payment. Anyone been able to do this? How did you do it? And how do they do the $250, refund or obc? Can you use it to prepay gratuities?

Thanks,

Tony

Cannot be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cannot be done

I just did it today on 2 of my bookings. I added gratuity and then applied the certificates. I was past final payment so they are crediting the balance back to my credit card.

The second booking I did they told me I was unable to use them to pay for gratuities and was only able to use one certificate. I was fine with the gratuities. Figured I would just have them credit my credit card and then pay them. I told them about the ability to use 2 certificates and he had to go talk to his supervisor. They went ahead and added the gratuities and refunded the difference and let me use 2 certificates.

I was just surprised he didn't know the special they were running with using being able to use 2.

Good luck,

Donna

This is creepy, the same thing happened to me! I assume we are talking about the same buyer (promises to be very reliable and trusted but wants you to wait 2 weeks after sale to transfer something they are supposed to have).

You have to be so careful. I would highly suggest buying thru ebay unless you trust the seller. I bought 4 in total, 2 from a buyer through ebay and 2 from someone thru ebay but using paypal that was well known with the CruiseNext dept.

This is creepy, the same thing happened to me! I assume we are talking about the same buyer (promises to be very reliable and trusted but wants you to wait 2 weeks after sale to transfer something they are supposed to have).

You have to be so careful. I would highly suggest buying thru ebay unless you trust the seller. I bought 4 in total, 2 from a buyer through ebay and 2 from someone thru ebay but using paypal that was well known with the CruiseNext dept.

Best buying them when you are on your next cruise

Thanks for drawing my attention to the reduced deposits hidden in the new promo terms. They are currently requiring only $50 per person to secure non-Haven/suite bookings created between October 1 and October 31.

(The usual deposit is $250 or $400 per person for cruises for week-long cruises and longer, again only talking about non-suite bookings.)

It's probably unnecessary to say this, but just in case: Reduced deposits do not save you any money. They don't make your cruise any cheaper, since you still have to pay the full balance at final payment. They do allow you to tie up less money at the time of booking, and there may be some benefit if you have to cancel in the 2 weeks following final payment (not sure about that).

On the other hand, applying a CruiseNext deposit (or two) to your booking actually makes your booking cheaper, so if you had to choose between the reduced deposit promo and CruiseNext, using CruiseNext is the better deal.

But you don't actually have to choose, if you want to take advantage of both offers, because they normally accept CruiseNext deposits as payment towards your cruise balance, too. So you can secure your booking with $50/person reduced deposit, and when final payment comes around, apply your CruiseNext deposit(s) and then pay the balance.

These are great points, thanks! I actually was considering doing this!!