The upgrade of my life!

sandyh85

Today, while checking prices on my upcoming 5 day Empress cruise (like they could get any cheaper), I noticed the suites were no longer sold out. Curious, I tapped the "Suites" button, entered my applicable discounts (Military, Ontario, C&A Member) and hit update - the price stayed the same, somewhere around $1300 CAD. I hit the "1 Guest" button, and then "Update"....

...$203 CAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus $140 in taxes. $343.00CAD for a Junior Suite! Solo!! Thinking I didn't want to tie up the cabin by continuing the booking, I excitedly called to see if I could upgrade. I did my best to keep my hopes low, thinking it was likely only for new bookings. The wonderfully helpful woman on the phone finally was able to see the price, but couldn't get it to apply - finally I tried to "book" it online, only to find out....it rang up at the end as $1300CAD. I did a mock booking on an OV and an Interior - both initially came up as $203 until the end as well. A computer error. Disappointing, but completely understandable. What are the chances of a JS being cheaper for a single than for two? After a moments commiseration with my helpful RC Rep, I hung up and carried on with my work day.

But for one short moment, when I thought I had a balcony on this upcoming solo getaway, I was ecstatic at the thought of being back listening to the sea in my private oasis with a book and a glass of champagne.

Normally, zero, but with some IT glitches, or special promo (or high C&A status) maybe.

I only wish the IT glitch carried all the way to the payment page!

Someday I will be high enough status, but for now I love line-hopping. Until then, I will save my pennies for the special rooms and sail interior when I can't wait that long!

Whats worse is actually getting it booked and then getting a call from Royal Caribbean telling you ...so sorry it was a glitch we are not honoring the reservation.

Happened to me twice.

Wow, after booking? That's unimaginable! I can only imagine the disappointment. I love a good deal!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Today, while checking prices on my upcoming 5 day Empress cruise (like they could get any cheaper),

A computer error. Disappointing, but completely understandable. What are the chances of a JS being cheaper for a single than for two? After a moments commiseration with my helpful RC Rep, I hung up and carried on with my work day.

But for one short moment, when I thought I had a balcony on this upcoming solo getaway, I was ecstatic at the thought of being back listening to the sea in my private oasis with a book and a glass of champagne.

That is very frustrating.

Whats worse is actually getting it booked and then getting a call from Royal Caribbean telling you ...so sorry it was a glitch we are not honoring the reservation.

Happened to me twice.

Would you mind saying how long it was after you booked before they called?

Would you mind saying how long it was after you booked before they called?

The first time I was never notified, my credit card didn't get charged and I couldnt see my reservation, so I called and they said there was an IT glitch that caused the reservation to cancel.

The second time it was about a week or so. They did offer me a 200.00 OBC for a future cruise on the second one.