What's so great about Guys?

nealstuber

Never had a Guy's burger, so this is an honest question as regularly see folks on this board recommend on ship or line vs the other on this issue alone. To me, the cost difference in cost between my favorite burger (at Texas Roadhouse) and my least favorite (A comparably sized burger at McDonald's) is about 5 bucks.

Even if I chose a burger for a meal twice on a 7 day, that's 10 bucks. Is there something special about the atmosphere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guys burgers are delicious. Kind remind me of Five Guys burgers.

You do realize that they are included in your cruise price, right?!? Not sure why you were comparing costs?

Carnival Elation 2012

Carnival Fascination 2012 and 2013

Carnival Dream 2014

Carnival Sunshine 2015

Carnival Triumph 2016

I am not understanding your question at all.

Guy's burgers are at no additional charge, and the "atmosphere" is non-existent. It's a serving line that opens into the mid ship pool area, close to the Red Frog Rum Bar, on the ships that I've been on that have one.

Guy's has no land-based locations except for 16 "concert venues" around the country.

Are you perhaps confusing the name with "Five Guys?" They are not affiliated in any way.

It isn't that they are that much better than a decent burger on land. They are way better than the blackened pucks that used to be served at the "grill" on the ships.

They are probably equivalent to a five guys burger, but much faster. The line moves very fast and there is little wait to get your food.

I so very rarely eat the same thing two days in a row but Guy's is the exception! Don't exactly know what makes them so delicious but they really are one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. I even opted out of formal night once because I was craving a Guy's burger. Had to eat early though as they close before 6 I think. We've got a cruise coming up in November and the only date/ship that worked for us was the Dream. I really had to think long and hard if I was willing to go since it didn't have a Guy's. But since it was that or nothing I picked the Dream. I think it'll get a Guy's in January when it's in dry dock.

Sorry if my post was less than clear. I do understand that Guys is included in the cruise fare.

To me the difference between my favorite burger and least favorite is about $5 so I have difficulty comprehending why anyone would make cruising choice on that basis.

I so very rarely eat the same thing two days in a row but Guy's is the exception! Don't exactly know what makes them so delicious but they really are one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. I even opted out of formal night once because I was craving a Guy's burger. Had to eat early though as they close before 6 I think. We've got a cruise coming up in November and the only date/ship that worked for us was the Dream. I really had to think long and hard if I was willing to go since it didn't have a Guy's. But since it was that or nothing I picked the Dream. I think it'll get a Guy's in January when it's in dry dock.

Can't you just stop at your favorite burger joint for lunch in transit to/from your cruise?

I would not make my decision based solely on whether a ship has Guys or not but I do make my decision based on the food and beverage offerings on the ship. When a ship gets Guys they also usually get Blue Iguana Grill and Bar and the Red Frog Rum Bar. These four venues combined tip the scale for me.

I would not make my decision based solely on whether a ship has Guys or not but I do make my decision based on the food and beverage offerings on the ship. When a ship gets Guys they also usually get Blue Iguana Grill and Bar and the Red Frog Rum Bar. These four venues combined tip the scale for me.

FunShip 2.0 for the win!!!

My husband could LIVE off burgers and he thought they were great and couldn't get enough. He's a burger lover so he was excited to have a really well-made option. I thought they were really good burgers, but what I really liked was having the toppings bar so I could fix them just the way I wanted them.

If you want to see a video of someone making their burger - and the "atmosphere" - watch here:

Personally I wouldn't choose a cruise based on getting a specific burger (we've got 5 Guys down the street!), but when I see people recommending it I usually assume it's because a ship with Guy's would have the other 2.0 upgrades as well.

I can see that, we're FRP fans as well. For us, when choosing a cruise it would be on par with loyalty perks. Nice to have, but not a deal maker or breaker.

Never had a Guy's burger, so this is an honest question as regularly see folks on this board recommend on ship or line vs the other on this issue alone. To me, the cost difference in cost between my favorite burger (at Texas Roadhouse) and my least favorite (A comparably sized burger at McDonald's) is about 5 bucks.

Even if I chose a burger for a meal twice on a 7 day, that's 10 bucks. Is there something special about the atmosphere?

I finally tried a Guys burger on my last cruise and was not impressed at all. More power to those who like them, but I won't be eating another one. However, my mom and I both tried the veggie burger from Guys and those were really good.

Sorry if my post was less than clear. I do understand that Guys is included in the cruise fare.

To me the difference between my favorite burger and least favorite is about $5 so I have difficulty comprehending why anyone would make cruising choice on that basis.

Both my son and husband loves them. And yes we aim to book ships with Guys on it, because of that. It is ONE factor in choosing a cruise. Not the only or most important one.

I'm not a burger girl but find them delicious. Not everyone likes them. One must take a bite and decide for themselves. I don't care for Five Guys at all. To me they aren't similar in taste.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Guys burgers are delicious. Kind remind me of Five Guys burgers.

NO WAY, NO HOW! Guys are NOT 5 Guys, NOT Shake Shack, NOT In& Out! NOT Fatburger! :eek: NOT even in the same league. Maybe on a good clean grill day a bit better than Mickey's or Burger King or Wendy's. Do match up to Johnny Rockets, but that's not saying much either.

I'm not fond of Guys burgers, but a bit biased because I think Mr. Sunglassesneck is way over conceited, snobby and just plain "better than the rest of us."

However, if you've never had a Guys, the only way to compare versus your prior hamburger eating experience. So grab one and have a great, greasy time.:p

They're really good burgers..sometimes, you just want a hot off the grille messy, delicious burger.

And there is no extra charge for them.

True enough and unlike another cruise one that thinks things are wow that charges for lesser burgers.

Sent from my iPhone

you hit the nail on the head. people won't book a cruise for the dumbest of reasons. I'm going on 2 cruises in the next 60 days. both on fantasy class ships, and I'm going to have a great time, and neither one will have a guy's burger.

I am so glad to hear they aren't like 5 guys after all because I've had 5 guys once and that was enough for me. I mean they weren't bad but they sure weren't all they were hyped up to be. They were just a burger. I sure am hoping Guys is far superior to that.

Yes I will admit I booked Triumph in Oct strictly because of Guys. It was down to a few cruises all around the same price, same time and ports and the fact Triumph had Guys and blue iguana is why we went with it. Why wouldn't wanting to try the food be a reason to book. Just like if you wanted to see a show or check out a port it's going to. It can enhance your cruise.

Now if I don't like the burgers it's not a big deal, there will be plenty of other things on board to eat and we'll have a great time. But if they are awesome as most say it's huge bonus. Next April we will be on one with Guys BBQ, that one was not intention but I was happy dancing when I realized it because just a few weeks before DDs and I were saying we really wanted to book a ship with it to try it out.

These are not places we can just drive to and try from where we live. So no that's not an option. We also rarely go out during the year so it's and extra treat that makes the vacation a little more fun. ;)