What's so great about Guys?

nealstuber

I definitely won't pick a ship over another because it has a Guy's but they are pretty good burgers. Way better than the normal grill offerings. The pork patty is great and as noted the line moves fast.

They are great because they are cooked to order, with fries also cooked to order. While the regular buffet ones might be pre cooked and sit for 20 minutes or so.

Sorry if my post was less than clear. I do understand that Guys is included in the cruise fare.

To me the difference between my favorite burger and least favorite is about $5 so I have difficulty comprehending why anyone would make cruising choice on that basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i highly doubt anyone has actually made a cruise choice based solely on guy's being available but even if they did, so what. if that's their highest priority, so be it.

I am so glad to hear they aren't like 5 guys after all because I've had 5 guys once and that was enough for me. I mean they weren't bad but they sure weren't all they were hyped up to be. They were just a burger. I sure am hoping Guys is far superior to that.

)

If you thought Five Guys was meh, you will likely think Guys is meh too. Its a good greasy burger you can dress up however you wish and I love the fact that its included in your cruise fare unlike another cruise line I frequented that is now charging like 7.95 a person for their cooked to order burgers. There is absolutely nothing "superior" about any burger to me though unless I cook it at home. Id say keep your expectations realistic :)

People hype up the warm melting chocolate cake too. I tried it once and I cannot stand it. We all have different tastes though :)

Edited by ryano

If you thought Five Guys was meh, you will likely think Guys is meh too. Its a good greasy burger you can dress up however you wish and I love the fact that its included in your cruise fare unlike another cruise line I frequented that is now charging like 7.95 a person for their cooked to order burgers. There is absolutely nothing "superior" about any burger to me though unless I cook it at home. Id say keep your expectations realistic :)

People hype up the warm melting chocolate cake too. I tried it once and I cannot stand it. We all have different tastes though :)

Finally someone else that can't stand the chocolate melting cake. I was so psyched to try it. Love chocolate and everyone says it's amazing, it was awful (to me). I'm sure the burgers will be fine but yeah it's hard to beat a good home cooked burger.

Finally someone else that can't stand the chocolate melting cake. I was so psyched to try it. Love chocolate and everyone says it's amazing, it was awful (to me). I'm sure the burgers will be fine but yeah it's hard to beat a good home cooked burger.

I will be on the conquest my next cruise will be looking forward to trying Guy's burgers, love the chocolate melting cake but could not stand BITTER AND BLANC.

Right their with you. WCM can go away. Biters and Blanc for me.

We asked the kids if they wanted to cruise Princess or Carnival next and they asked which one had the melting cake ;) We are on the Carnival Miracle in 3 weeks. Unfortunately, it does not have Guys or Blue Iguana to try.

Edited by oumagic

Lots of comments here that compare Guy's burgers to Five Guys (and one comment mentioning Culver's). I'm glad I chanced upon this thread before getting my hopes up. I love a good, greasy burger, made to order, and I enjoy Five Guys well enough. But, it's just fast food, and I assumed from all the hub-bub that Guy's burgers were at least a notch above that.

Expectations = adjusted.

Can't you just stop at your favorite burger joint for lunch in transit to/from your cruise?

You can but it's difficult to do that from the middle of the ocean.

Fast service, good fries, good toppings, yummy!! Much, much better than anything from Five Guys.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I am looking forward to trying one, but I doubt a burger is going to impress me. I cannot remember the last time I bought a burger from a restaurant. I can make a good burger at home, I want a fancier food when eating out and on a cruise.

I never thought a burger could impress me as much as Guys did, but it did. Wouldn't chose a cruise because of Guys but consider it a huge win if there's one on board.

We didn't understand why theses burgers were so popular. /there was practically nothing on the toppings bar. The burgers were cold and greasy.

Nothing on the toppings bar? And cold? The toppings bar has lots of choices and they're so popular they practically go straight from the grill to your plate. Now as for greasy, can't argue with you.

I am looking forward to trying one, but I doubt a burger is going to impress me. I cannot remember the last time I bought a burger from a restaurant. I can make a good burger at home, I want a fancier food when eating out and on a cruise.

you're not going to find anything fancier at lunch time.

We didn't understand why theses burgers were so popular. /there was practically nothing on the toppings bar. The burgers were cold and greasy.

if an 8 ft salad bar type condiment stand is practically nothing and a burger off the grill at 165 degrees internal temp is cold then i believe you have your expectations set way too high. it's a burger, not a ribeye steak.

I think the burgers were good and the toppings were plentiful but I wouldn't put them at the top. I have had plenty of others that were better but they were at Mom and Pop restaurants. They are as good as what you would get at any chain.