Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC)

ShipsAhoy508

I recently returned from my first Norwegian cruise. How would I find a good and experienced PCC for future cruises?

I was assigned a PCC by NCL but so far I haven't seen any benefit in using a PCC over the website. They don't seem to have access to anything different.

Edited by my3sonsnj

I was assigned a PCC by NCL but so far I haven't seen any benefit in using a PCC over the website. They don't seem to have access to anything different.

While that might be the case for the initial booking, if stuff changes (perks or prices change, another cabin you'd like opens up, a problem occurs, whatever), it's much easier imho dealing with a good PCC. And if you have random questions along the way, shoot the PCC an email and get an answer. There's much more to cruising than the initial booking. :)

While that might be the case for the initial booking, if stuff changes (perks or prices change, another cabin you'd like opens up, a problem occurs, whatever), it's much easier imho dealing with a good PCC. And if you have random questions along the way, shoot the PCC an email and get an answer. There's much more to cruising than the initial booking. :)

PCCs actually reply to e-mails? I've sent e-mails to several different PCCs that I've had and I have yet to receive a single reply. I asked one of them on the phone about whether or not he had seen my e-mail and he seemed to have no clue that he even had an e-mail address. :/

I recently (a couple of months ago) asked for a different PCC. He sounded awesome on the phone, but again, I've sent him two e-mails and haven't heard a word.

I emailed my PCC earlier in the week. Got a notice that she was out until Wed. She emailed me back and then called this morning. I feel like I get "straighter" answers from her than from random CS people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCs actually reply to e-mails? I've sent e-mails to several different PCCs that I've had and I have yet to receive a single reply. I asked one of them on the phone about whether or not he had seen my e-mail and he seemed to have no clue that he even had an e-mail address. :/

I recently (a couple of months ago) asked for a different PCC. He sounded awesome on the phone, but again, I've sent him two e-mails and haven't heard a word.

Mine does. Plus I have his office and cell phone numbers. In fact, he has his mobile number on his office voice mail greeting, that's how accessible he wants to be. Keeping my fingers crossed that he sticks around!

My PCC replied to a few emails and sent me a bunch, but stopped responding once we paid in full. She was also out of work a lot for weeks at a time which made it extremely difficult to get things done and was condescending too... so I'll be looking for a new PCC myself...

Mine does. Plus I have his office and cell phone numbers. In fact, he has his mobile number on his office voice mail greeting, that's how accessible he wants to be. Keeping my fingers crossed that he sticks around!

The one I have now also has that info available (including his personal mobile number), but I feel weird using that. I mean, I know I wouldn't want some random person bugging me on my personal phone during my off hours (considering that I have no idea what his office hours are...). XD

It sucks, though, because I would much rather deal with someone over e-mail than over the phone. I get really anxious about asking for things on the phone. I'm weird like that. lol

My PCC also provided all of that and has responded to email with a request to call him, not answers. I haven't found calling a PCC any more helpful than the general CS Dept. Just my opinion and I guess those that prefer having one "go to person" may feel differently. I really don't have a lot of questions and the CS Dept has handled cabin changes well enough for me. The website meets my needs for booking and reservations/excursions.

I wish I saw my PCC as a useful contact, but not so far.

Our PCC has been really good, although his attention to every detail could be better. He left his cell # on his outgoing voicemail (which I didn't realize was his cell, I just thought it was the # of another colleague). He called me right back, even though it was the weekend, because he was heading into the office for some OT. I guess I've called him enough times about our upcoming res in December that he doesn't even ask me for the confirmation # anymore, he just has it on his desk somewhere.

I wish we could share names/#s, because I would gladly give out his info.

I recently returned from my first Norwegian cruise. How would I find a good and experienced PCC for future cruises?

It is nice to have a PCC to take care of any difficulties or questions but Unlike Carnival Cruise Line who forbid travel agents from offering anything they do not personally offer, Norwegian cruise line does allow other travel agents to offer discounts that they do not. For this reason I find it to my advantage to check the travel sites to see if I can get onboard credit or other perks not available when booking at ncl.com.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app