Live from the shortest cruise ever, Crown 1 night!

cruisequeen4ever

Sitting in the Elite Lounge ready to board! Yes, that's Elite, not Platinum/Elite. They are having Platinum do regular boarding groups because there are about 600. Security and Preferred Check-In were a breeze. We used Seattle Shuttle Express to get here from our hotel, and the service was great. Time for as much fun as we can cram into 22 hours!! [emoji16]

How nice to really be Elite. Enjoy the fun!

Great cruise so far. Snagged a suite for the first time ever. Boarding a breeze. Vodka followed by free champagne delivered to the suite. Great bowl of fruit and then canapes. Used OBC for amazing dinner at Sabatinis and fridge magnet. A few dances. Then retired to our suite to try out the bathtub with jets! And watching LoveBoat. Only problem so far? The robes have no sashes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had forgotten about that on these short cruises. Since I do not drink alcohol, the captain's party has its non alcohol option a putridly sweet fruit drink. With the voucher I can get any mocktail I want - my favorite being the nohito.

Cruisequeen4ever, did they remember your upgraded toiletries, such as they are. I am usually home from the cruise when I think of it.

Yes, our room steward remembered all elite amenities! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

like most people we started our with short 5 or 7 day cruises. My DH has the philosophy that in 7 days you relax from work finally and then to have to suddenly return to work is awful. More than 12 days he uses that relaxationhe achieved.

Of course, now we are booked on the 28 day trip in Oct. He might end up so relaxed he passes out. lol

We did Early Traditional Dining and had a wonderful, private table for 2. Our server was fantastic, and we would have enjoyed having her on a longer cruise. The menu was Italian. Our food was good but not wow. DH said everything he ate this cruise just seemed slightly off, like it was specific to this ship's chef(s). I loved getting to have Princess's famous fettuccini Alfredo, and though I was told no to adding shrimp, DH just saved his shrimp from his app to give me for the Alfredo.

After dinner, we got lattes and dessert from the Intl Cafe to enjoy on our balcony. The wake is sooo peaceful to me. We went plenty early to get front row seats for Magic To Do, after missing it on our Christmas cruise. It was worth the wait! The costumes were so interesting, and the production was mystifying. I shopped to gather up all my usual logo goodies, and then we went to Karaoke. Karaoke had more people than I've ever seen on Princess and was still going strong after 1.5 hours! We left around Midnight to go to Skywalkers, which was also packed. Had fun dancing the night away, and then came back to our stateroom to relax one more time on the balcony before bed.

4.5 hours of sleep later, and that dreaded wake-up call came. We had a fantastic up close view of the Holland American ship docked behind us and a side view of the Celebrity ship. Got ready quickly and went up to brave HC with the crowds. It was craziness! One side was out of bacon, and the side that had it, only had nearly raw bacon!! They kept running out of eggs. The staff did churn out food as quickly as possible, though. There was just a very long line to get it. We sat on the aft deck in the sun, and it couldn't have been a better Sunday brunch spot! All morning, announcements were made that you could leave anytime because there was no wait. We disembarked, handed our Customs declaration form to an officer, and were on our way, easy peasy.

We had hoped to do some shopping in Gastown, but the shops weren't open yet, so we walked the half mile to Avis to rent our car for the day. There was a long line, but the manager upgraded us, and we were on our way with free GPS out of downtown. Today's mission was to explore Steveston Village, where Once Upon a Time is filmed. We thought it would be this tiny town in the woods so we're very surprised to find it's right in a suburb, and there were lots of people there for boating, brunch, and touring. We ate lunch at the restaurant from the show, coffee at the show's cafe, visited all the show sites, shopped, and explored the cute town. We didn't need all day, though, so I wish we could have flown home earlier. We were terribly exhausted from the whirlwind trip, so I took a nap in the car. We headed to the airport, shopped a little at an outlet mall next to the airport, and then easily returned the car.

Inside the airport, I was greeted by the lovely sound of someone throwing up; hopefully the poor lady was just pregnant and not experiencing noro!! There was no line to check in with Alaska Airlines, but DH was "randomly" selected for additional screening. Word to the wise...don't book the return flight as a one way!! I did this to save money, but I think that's why he was "randomly" selected. The security line was quite long, and then DH had a nightmare pat down that included the security guy saying extremely inappropriate things to him!! They rifled through his wallet and even had him take his phone case off. His experience was so bad, he doesn't know that he will ever want to fly out of Canada again. We then went through the Customs line, which wasn't too bad. I had a quick dinner and grabbed a donut from Tim Horton's to have for breakfast yesterday. We headed to the gate where DH was called for additional screening yet again. We boarded the flight and were told that the whole flight was expected to have turbulence, so there would be no food or beverage service. Thankfully the bumps were minor, and we landed a short 30 min later. In Seattle, we had just enough time to make it to our final gate where...you guessed it; DH was selected for additional screening yet again!! By that point, he was DONE! All that he went through traveling home and the exhaustion of the whirlwind weekend combined to make him decide 1 night cruises are definitely not for him! *He never thought they would be but did this for me.

Our flight home started with a 1.3 hour delay onboard while "paperwork" was done, and then we finally departed. We arrived home in the middle of the night, exhausted. I fell asleep after work yesterday at 6:30 PM and finally feel rested today.

Final verdict...Was all the effort and money worth it for just 1 night of cruising?

Me: Yes, because any day at sea is better than a day on land to me, BUT I would definitely put us on earlier flights home if we did this again. 2 half nights of sleep in a row do not work for me!

DH: DH did have fun, but he does not think a 1 night cruise is worth it at all. He's really looking forward to 2 weeks in the Caribbean this Christmas!

So if I ever do this again, it looks like it'll be a girls' getaway!

Thank you for cruising along!

Final verdict...Was all the effort and money worth it for just 1 night of cruising?

Me: Yes, because any day at sea is better than a day on land to me, BUT I would definitely put us on earlier flights home if we did this again. 2 half nights of sleep in a row do not work for me!

DH: DH did have fun, but he does not think a 1 night cruise is worth it at all. He's really looking forward to 2 weeks in the Caribbean this Christmas!

So if I ever do this again, it looks like it'll be a girls' getaway!

Thank you for cruising along!

My DH also doesn't think it's worth it.