Keep in touch on the ship (Escape)?

DK_JK

I know there is a lot of drama and costs involved in making wireless calls, but my wife said she heard about something called “Keep in touch” you could use on the ship. I’m wondering about the cost of texting each other on the ship to find each other.

I will be on the Escape in the Caribbean if that matters.

We used iConcierge in our Escape cruise (9/3 sailing). While it was spotty at times, it worked. Connectivity was better when all other background apps were closed out. If I had trouble connecting, I would close the app out and re-open. I think one just has to remember that you are in a ship, in the middle of the ocean. It will not be perfect. We had 4 people connected to iConcierge and it was very helpful, especially with the teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just tell each other what your plans are...and you will be able to find each other just fine without being in "constant" contact!

You can also call and leave messages on the phone to each other that you can access from the wall phones on the ship. (Call your cabin and listen to the messages to find out where someone is and the time they left the message).

You can also use a "sticky post-it note" and leave it on the door of your cabin.