Booking excursions

katz

We have always booked O excursions in advance. On an upcoming cruise, we have $1800 OBC and 10 free excursions. My husband wants to wait until we get on board to book so we can use the credits. I am afraid that the more popular excursions might be sold out.

Does anyone have experience with waiting to get on board to book excursions? Are you able to get your first choice? Do you know if people are more or less likely to book in advance?

Husband thinks we can make a "reservation" for the excursions and wait to pay when we get on board. I think no way is that going to happen. Am I right?

If I was to book my favorite excursions beforehand then add the ones that I don't think might sell out once on board, will O roll all of our tours into one of their package deals, if the total would apply?

Thank you for your help!!

If they are popular or limited access tours I would book ahead of time

You could always ask once onboard if they could change it to use the OBC & give you a refund (it will be a refundable OBC which you get the last night of the cruise)

When we went to Murmansk we decided to do the ship's tour & booked it well in advance others waited until onboard & by then tours were sold out so they had to remain on the ship

For the "free" excursions you need to book at least 14 days in advance of the sailing date check the fine print

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

"If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing."

Edited by LHT28

I would book my "free" excursions first - booking those that are most expensive and desirable (as long as they qualify for "free" - i.e. not OE or OC).

Then perhaps book a couple that you think might go early and the rest onboard (just get there early).

IME, you can exchange those couple you prepaid for same ones using OBC once onboard and get the money back as refundable OBC.

Edited by Paulchili

As Paul stated book the 10 free excursions first. You have to do this 14 days prior to the cruise. Book these for what you would think would be the most popular and more likely to sell out.

If you are doing alot of general city tours, snorkel, -- these tend not to sell out and O general will add additional buses. You can use your OBC here.

It is the different ones that sell out like night at the Hermitage, river cruises, These are the ones you should book ahead.

Then there is always the jewelry shop :)