My Cruise Video | NCL Star | Baltic's May 2016

kpms

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing the link to your fabulous video. It looks like you had a great cruise holiday. Your video brings back some wonderful memories. What program did you use to put that together?

Thanks again,

Rochelle

Hi Rochelle

I used Final Cut Pro on my Mac, all my editing was self taught :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all!

kris ~ nice job on the video & it looks like a great trip, thanks.:D

I have some questions please:

1) is the 1st bit all in Warnemunde or did you go elsewhere from there?

2) did you do a tour in SPB & if so with which company & were you happy with the tour?

3) did you fly something other than economy that you got such yummy looking food?

I'm sailing the Baltics next May on the Getaway & am trying to decide what to do in the ports. I'm also flying to London on BA next month & wondering what kind of meal will be served.

TIA for any help.

~ Jo ~ :)

Great video! Nice combination of stills, video, and most importantly: close-up cocktail shots.

Those long fisheye shots... GoPro with stabilizer?

Yes - The GoPro 3 Black (I Think) Recorded at 60FPS

With a Handheld Gimbal :) Was one of my first trips traveling with it so was playing around seeing what I could do.

Hi all!

kris ~ nice job on the video & it looks like a great trip, thanks.:D

I have some questions please:

1) is the 1st bit all in Warnemunde or did you go elsewhere from there?

2) did you do a tour in SPB & if so with which company & were you happy with the tour?

3) did you fly something other than economy that you got such yummy looking food?

I'm sailing the Baltics next May on the Getaway & am trying to decide what to do in the ports. I'm also flying to London on BA next month & wondering what kind of meal will be served.

I really couldn't tell you what will be served on the BA Flights but all the meals we had were tasty and hot...

TIA for any help.

1) We went to a total of 3 Cities while in Germany. Warnemunde, Wismar & Schwerin

2)We went with a tour company for Germany - It was called "The Friends of Dave Tour" - Simply awesome the tour guides were great and it was nice not having a 3 hour train ride each way. For Russia we did the Ship Excursion. I would have liked to have done SPB however our travel companions had already booked the Excursions through the ship and didn't want to change.

3)Flying from Vancouver BC to London we flew British Airways on the A380 in Premium Economy - The meal was really good.

Our flight from London to Copenhagen was changed to Jet Time - No food was served.

Our flight from Copenhagen to London we got bumped to Business Class (Which isn't that big of a difference - just at the front of the plane) and had an amazing salad.

Our flight home from London to Vancouver we were upgraded again to Business Class and that was in the pods - The meals on those flights were outstanding.

HI all!

kris ~ thanks for your quick response.:D I'll have to check to see if any meal is offered on economy, lol.

Did this trip whet your appetite for more exploring in Europe?

Do you have a share site where more photos from your cruise are available? I'd like to see more of St. Petersburg.

I've heard of the Friends of Dave tour but I'm hoping to stop in Iceland for a couple of days on the way back from Copenhagen so don't want to spend too much except for in St. Petersburg.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Jo my apologies. I missed that you replied. Yes I want to explore Europe more I think the Med will be soon. We are booked on the TA from Florida to Barcelona in Apr. with a couple nights in Barcelona.

I don't have a share site at the moment. Also didn't take many pics while in Russia. I was always worried I would get in trouble.

Yes the Friends of Dave tour was expansive. It was though one of the better tours we did.

I kind of wish we did a private tour for Russia. Something I wanted to see was the subway stations.

Beautiful video. I especially appreciate all the touring scenes in ports. Looks like you had a fun time too. I'll be on the Getaway's first sailing to the Baltics in May. You've given me a great preview.

Thank you!! I tried to capture it all :)