Internet Packages - MSC Splendida

ChubbasMummy

Good evening all!

9 Sleeps to go until my first experience with MSC!

I am very tempted to book an internet package BUT i'm struggling with this.......

The packages offered are for 2 or 4 devices but when you go through to book it comes up with a Per Person price. My husband and I will both have our phones but surely we wouldn't have to pay per person for just 1 device each?

Has anyone booked this before?

Thank you in advance.

Good evening all!

9 Sleeps to go until my first experience with MSC!

I am very tempted to book an internet package BUT i'm struggling with this.......

The packages offered are for 2 or 4 devices but when you go through to book it comes up with a Per Person price. My husband and I will both have our phones but surely we wouldn't have to pay per person for just 1 device each?

Has anyone booked this before?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure how this particular ship does, but we're going on MSC Divina, and I just purchased the package that they have for $79.90 for the 7 day cruise, and it's suppose to take care of 4 devices (even though we'll be using only 2 "our laptops".). I was told to make sure I put our cell phones on "airplane mode", because I wouldn't want my cell phones to connect to the ships wifi, because I'd be charged roaming charges and other fees from my cell phone service.

The MSC Travel Agent said that the wifi was not for the use of calling or texting on cell phones.

I'm not sure how this particular ship does, but we're going on MSC Divina, and I just purchased the package that they have for $79.90 for the 7 day cruise, and it's suppose to take care of 4 devices (even though we'll be using only 2 "our laptops".). I was told to make sure I put our cell phones on "airplane mode", because I wouldn't want my cell phones to connect to the ships wifi, because I'd be charged roaming charges and other fees from my cell phone service.

The MSC Travel Agent said that the wifi was not for the use of calling or texting on cell phones.

Thank you for your reply.......

I think that would be the same package that I would be looking to purchase from here. I would turn my data roaming off - it would quite literally be to use WhatsApp and Social Media Apps that's all.

Good morning Chubbasmummy!

Hope you're looking forward to your cruise!

You can buy just the one package and share the allowance between your 2 phones.

On your cruise card there is an internet ID.

When onboard, turn off your data roaming, connect to the Splendida Wifi. Open your browser and go to exit.com - there's a section to register. Set up using your email address and a password to share between you - the first phone will then be connected ~(you may have to keep going to exit.com to stop and start the service - they do this so background apps don't use all your allowance)

On your partners phone - they need to go to exit.com and sign in using the email and password used to register on the first one. You give each device a name too so you can see who used all the data ;)

Good morning Chubbasmummy!

Hope you're looking forward to your cruise!

You can buy just the one package and share the allowance between your 2 phones.

On your cruise card there is an internet ID.

When onboard, turn off your data roaming, connect to the Splendida Wifi. Open your browser and go to exit.com - there's a section to register. Set up using your email address and a password to share between you - the first phone will then be connected ~(you may have to keep going to exit.com to stop and start the service - they do this so background apps don't use all your allowance)

On your partners phone - they need to go to exit.com and sign in using the email and password used to register on the first one. You give each device a name too so you can see who used all the data ;)

I really really am; we booked it over a year ago and now it's just 8 sleeps away :D

Great, that sounds ideal then. Guess it just means that we can't use our phones at the same time? Shouldn't really be an issue to be honest.

Thank you for your reply - I will save the information and refer to it when onboard :)