Cruise cancelled

Hi everyone, I've got a problem and hoping for a bit of advice!! We booked our third cruise with rc couple months ago on voyager of the seas for next May, from Singapore to Hong Kong, and received an email from them yesterday saying the cruise is cancelled ship is redeployed!! They are offering us another cruise on same day same ship, but only 4 nights long as opposed to 8 nights the original cruise. Now we have already booked flights to Singapore and back home to uk from Hong Kong, this new cruise goes back to Singapore. We got a good price for flights, doubt we would get refund. Now have to pay for a flight to Hong Kong from Singapore and have 4 spare nights to fill! We have also already booked 3 nights hotel in Singapore before cruise and 3 nights in Hong Kong at end of cruise!! Or we cancel completely. They are offering us a bit of compensation but not much, $200 stateroom credit and max £229 each towards changing flight details. Does this seem reasonable compensation were thinking its going to cost a lot more than this, although the cruise is cheaper!! Just really upset hope someone can offer a bit of advice. Thanks in advance and apologies for long post, it's a long story. Julie X

sounds like you didn't book everything as a package though? Had it all been booked (cruise, flights, hotels etc) through a single source you'd have been covered for everything under ABTA.

A lesson I learned a few ago, so even paying £50 commission to an agent I will happily do so to benefit from the whole package protection.

This happened to us for a cruise we were due to take around NZ on Explorer this past April and the ship got deployed for Alaska a lot sooner, luckily we had not booked flights. We are doing a similar itinerary in March and have everything crossed that no big changes are made.

The compensation amounts that you listed are their standard offer and is what we have received on a couple of occasions.

That is correct! But the OP is from UK. And European travel laws might give them the right to claim all their expenses. At least here in Germany X is paying for flights you have to cancel and can´t rebook - the full amount. Many flights can´t be rebooked or cancelled. So even when you have to cancel you have to pay for the flight (getting fees, taxes back). X did pay everything.

steamboats

Hi everyone, I've got a problem and hoping for a bit of advice!! We booked our third cruise with rc couple months ago on voyager of the seas for next May, from Singapore to Hong Kong, and received an email from them yesterday saying the cruise is cancelled ship is redeployed!! They are offering us another cruise on same day same ship, but only 4 nights long as opposed to 8 nights the original cruise. Now we have already booked flights to Singapore and back home to uk from Hong Kong, this new cruise goes back to Singapore. We got a good price for flights, doubt we would get refund. Now have to pay for a flight to Hong Kong from Singapore and have 4 spare nights to fill! We have also already booked 3 nights hotel in Singapore before cruise and 3 nights in Hong Kong at end of cruise!! Or we cancel completely. They are offering us a bit of compensation but not much, $200 stateroom credit and max £229 each towards changing flight details. Does this seem reasonable compensation were thinking its going to cost a lot more than this, although the cruise is cheaper!! Just really upset hope someone can offer a bit of advice. Thanks in advance and apologies for long post, it's a long story. Julie X

I will try to slip into your shoes for a moment:

- Cancel: I would have 8 days to pass my time between Singapore and HKG,i'll book a 1 way ticket to Cambodia, stay there couple days,then hop on another that will take me to Thailand and again another to Indonesia and finish it up on Hkg. Flights between SE Asia are cheap( their own versions of SouthWest)accomodations and necessities as well.

OR I can use that 8 days to visit Japan, very safe country, i can airbnb my way out there w/o worrying about my belongings or the character of my host or stay on hotels around the outskirts of Tokyo.

- Don't Cancel: I would fly to Bali or Palawan or Boracay and stay on a resort. Your currency will go a long way, you'll be surprised.

btw, when you're in Singapore try out the Mi Goreng, it's really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, we have got travel insurance so maybe could claim for flights under that, but think we are leaning towards going on the 4 night cruise. Yes did book everything separately, never been a problem in the past but hope can sort something out!! Changing to another cruise another time is not an option due to work holidays. We are looking at using the 4 spare days to maybe go to a beach resort in Thailand then go on to Hong Kong, and we can keep the flights originally booked. I don't know if we can use the compensation they are offering us towards the flight from Thailand to Hong Kong, as I'm not changing the original flight, just having to buy an extra flight and accomodation, but I'll ring them tomorrow to find out more.

To sticky shocker, I had to google Mi Goreng haha, sounds yummy will give it a try. I have been to Singapore before last year and loved it, but my hubby hasn't been so had heart set on going again. I went with my daughter she's cabin crew and I tagged along on her work trip!!!

Thanks all, Julie.

Thanks for the replies, we have got travel insurance so maybe could claim for flights under that, but think we are leaning towards going on the 4 night cruise. Yes did book everything separately, never been a problem in the past but hope can sort something out!! Changing to another cruise another time is not an option due to work holidays. We are looking at using the 4 spare days to maybe go to a beach resort in Thailand then go on to Hong Kong, and we can keep the flights originally booked. I don't know if we can use the compensation they are offering us towards the flight from Thailand to Hong Kong, as I'm not changing the original flight, just having to buy an extra flight and accomodation, but I'll ring them tomorrow to find out more.

To sticky shocker, I had to google Mi Goreng haha, sounds yummy will give it a try. I have been to Singapore before last year and loved it, but my hubby hasn't been so had heart set on going again. I went with my daughter she's cabin crew and I tagged along on her work trip!!!

Thanks all, Julie.

4 days maybe not even be enough for Thailand.. hahaha Anyways, the community here in CC has been kind enough to give me information so i'm just paying it forward:) Enjoy and Safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk