Bought water from fun shops long ago, how to ensure delivery?

JMKreno

I bought 4 cases of water when they switched to 2.99 and they banned water bottles back in June 2015 for my cruise this November on the Vista. I see the orders and order confirmations, but I don't see my booking confirmation number anywhere. How can I ensure that these waters will be delivered to my room since it has been a very long time (17 months between ordering and the cruise) and the booking has changed (the cruise date was modified by Carnival since then)?

I don't see a number to call the fun shops directly?

I bought 4 cases of water when they switched to 2.99 and they banned water bottles back in June 2015 for my cruise this November on the Vista. I see the orders and order confirmations, but I don't see my booking confirmation number anywhere. How can I ensure that these waters will be delivered to my room since it has been a very long time (17 months between ordering and the cruise) and the booking has changed (the cruise date was modified by Carnival since then)?

Computers don't forget. If you have the confirmations you will be fine.

print out all of the confirmations you have and then take to guest services on the ship if they are not in the room.

i am on the same cruise as you, you should join the roll call ;)

I am just getting more and more paranoid as we get closer! I am sure they will be in the room, but just knowing Carnival and the quality web sites they have had in the past wouldn't be surprised if something got missed...

I joined the roll call more than a year ago! Getting closer, can't wait!

I am just getting more and more paranoid as we get closer! I am sure they will be in the room, but just knowing Carnival and the quality web sites they have had in the past wouldn't be surprised if something got missed...

Our pre-ordered water wasn't in the cabin when we arrived so we asked Guest Services and were told to expect it no later than 5Pm. It was there before then. Just take you confirmation with you. It won't show up in your booking.

Paranoid over a water order ? :cool:

OP..If you're stressing on it and would like to reach the fun shops just call the toll free Carnival # and ask to be connected with the fun shops. They are available via the phone as I had to call once. Sorry I don't have the direct line, but I'm sure you can be connected. If you decide not to call just print your confirmation and bring it with you as others have suggested. Have a wonderful cruise!

It will be there.

We purchased our cases of water for our June 2016 cruise around March 2015. It was waiting in the cabin when we first walked in. I printed my receipt/confirmation to take with me in case there was an issue. It's just water and you have proof of purchase. Take a deep breath and try to relax! Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a similar issue. Only the rum showed up, no cases of water. We showed our Cabin Steward (CS) the confirmation and he brought us the water within the next hour. We never had to go to Guest Services. So, just show your CS your confirmation and you should be good.

Edited by CruiseHealing

My 3 cases where there in Dec when I arrived. I had called them ahead though to make sure they would be there and they were. Still best prices of water at sea. Cruising NCL and they want 20+$ for a 6pk of Liter bottles of water which is about what a 12 or 18pk worth.

Hi JMKreno!! :D Sorry to hijack your thread. I just wanted to say, I'm on the same cruise as you. It's the second 1/2 of a B2B for me. I'll be in cabin 8374. If you want to, get in touch with me when you get onboard and we can get together for a drink or 2. It's not long now, I'm SO excited!!!! :D

And not to worry, I'm sure your water will be in your cabin when you get there. It probably is a good idea to bring your conformations though, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. I always say that I rather have something and not need it than need it and not have it.

Just go to Guest Services with your confirmation if you have a problem.

Wow OP, cynical much....are you sure you're even still booked on the cruise, I mean, with Carnivals computers/websites and all.....maybe they've lost your booking along with your water order.

Hopefully you won't experience what we did on our last cruise back in May having ordered water AND a bottle of booze from the Fun Shops, sounds like it won't be pretty.

So we get to our cabin....and....OMG!!! No water or booze....we were crushed.

Sat down on the bed and pondered....how would we get by...what WOULD we do?!?! Fortunately, our savior, aka as our room steward stopped by...he saw the desperation in our faces....We pleaded with him...please please please...help us find our water AND booze!!!! He explained the stewards don't deliver the Fun Shop items, there were other crew that did that...and...since we had been delayed boarding due to a cost guard inspection...everything was running behind, and asked if we could be a little patient, as he assured us our items would eventually be there. We were sooooo relieved...tipped him $100 right there.

So we composed ourselves, freshened up, put on our brave faces and headed up to Lido, hoping some food, maybe a drink or 2 would calm us. But, low and behold, as we walked down the hallway, we noticed a large bin on wheels, several cabins down from ours, and a crew person with a clipboard peering into the bin and looking at the clipboard...As we passed, we looked into the bin, and what to our wondering eyes would appear, but my bottle of scotch and 12 bottles of water...can't figure how to make that rhyme..which were nestled in our cabin when we returned a couple hours later.

Moral of the story, as others said....your stuff will be there. I ordered stuff last June also for Vista TA next month.....no worries at all it will be there.