Vision of the Seas Royal Caribbean

ALANROBERTS

Hi we were on board from the 10th-17th Sept to the Greek Islands and had the most fantastic time. I too had read all the reviews because as our first ever cruise, first holiday in 10 years and a very belated honeymoon, we wanted it to be perfect and it really was. I guess really you have to make what you want of anything you do. For us we needed it to be relaxing and it really was, we are now saving up for our next cruise :)

I am considering booking Baltic Cruise July 17 deck 8 below Windjammer but am concerned about reviews I have read about this ship. Can anyone advise me what their recent experience (good or bad)has been onboard?

We came back 2 weeks ago, this was our 1st cruise and I can honestly say it was fantastic. The food and service staff was amazing. Some of the entertainment was very good. We are already making plans for our next one. We too were on deck 8 inside cabin under the gym. Thoroughly recommend

I am considering booking Baltic Cruise July 17 deck 8 below Windjammer...

We sailed Vision once many years ago and I know she has had refurbs and updates since then. My opinion is this: we would never, ever book a cabin above or below and public space, especially Windjammer. I know some people think it's fine and noise would not be an issue, but remember that they are very busy in the WJ in the early morning, setting up for breakfast and such. Crew dragging tables and carts across the floor at 5 am is not my idea of a good time. ;):p

We always book a cabin sandwiched between two decks of cabins. You asked for advice, and this is mine. Can you book on Deck 7?

I am considering booking Baltic Cruise July 17 deck 8 below Windjammer but am concerned about reviews I have read about this ship. Can anyone advise me what their recent experience (good or bad)has been onboard?

I've only sailed Vision once and I thought it was excellent. The ship is beautiful, well kept and well designed, and the staff was great. I would happily sail Vision again.

Being under the Windjammer isn't bad because it's mostly carpeted. If you're in an exterior room with a balcony or window, you shouldn't have any problems. It's the interiors that are under the hard floor walkways of the WJ that get the most noise from above.

Edited by Aquahound

I've only sailed Vision once and I thought it was excellent. The ship is beautiful, well kept and well designed, and the staff was great. I would happily sail Vision again.

Being under the Windjammer isn't bad because it's mostly carpeted. If you're in an exterior room with a balcony or window, you shouldn't have any problems. It's the interiors that are under the hard floor walkways of the WJ that get the most noise from above.

Really useful information, many thanks

Thanks for sharing your experience, very helpful, we are going to book for next year

We sailed Vision once many years ago and I know she has had refurbs and updates since then. My opinion is this: we would never, ever book a cabin above or below and public space, especially Windjammer. I know some people think it's fine and noise would not be an issue, but remember that they are very busy in the WJ in the early morning, setting up for breakfast and such. Crew dragging tables and carts across the floor at 5 am is not my idea of a good time. ;):p

We always book a cabin sandwiched between two decks of cabins. You asked for advice, and this is mine. Can you book on Deck 7?

Good advice, really helpful, many thanks.

Many thanks of your advice.

Hi we were on board from the 10th-17th Sept to the Greek Islands and had the most fantastic time. I too had read all the reviews because as our first ever cruise, first holiday in 10 years and a very belated honeymoon, we wanted it to be perfect and it really was. I guess really you have to make what you want of anything you do. For us we needed it to be relaxing and it really was, we are now saving up for our next cruise :)

Greatly reassured, have booked for next year, thanks for your advice

We came back 2 weeks ago, this was our 1st cruise and I can honestly say it was fantastic. The food and service staff was amazing. Some of the entertainment was very good. We are already making plans for our next one. We too were on deck 8 inside cabin under the gym. Thoroughly recommend

Thanks for sharing your recent experience, really helpful