Propulsion issue on Vista

jimneda

It was announced by the captain after departing Marseille on the last night of our cruise that a technical issue was occurring and that it would affect our ability to reach top speed. We were informed we would reach Barcelona about 1 hour late.

Jaime the CD then came on and announced everyone with early flights through carnival would be rebooked at no additional cost, and further that anyone who had booked early flights independently would be reimbursed for any cost for changes necessary due to the delay. They set up a special desk in a dining room to work with people on issues.

We came in to the port verrryy slowly, and the stern was moved in to the dock and the the fore, unlike our other stops where side propulsion moved the ship up to the pier straight and even. I noticed our speed, according to the TV map display exceeded 20 knots, but not faster. Even with the delay, the first passengers walked off just past 7am.

We received no further info about the technical issue.

i think they are being very very careful and caution after that incident where they cause damage to the pier due to the ship wake

That incident had nothing to do with a fault on the ship and everything to do with poor manoeuvring by the captain / pilot.

Carnival has since tried to claim the issue was caused by the weather and rough seas. The weather was perfect. No wind and no waves.

There seems to be a common problem with information emanating from carnival.

I wouldn't mind if our 14 day Transatlantic cruise turns into 15 or 16 days, but am not holding my breath.

I think it's currently a 13 day cruise (Friday -> Thursday), but yeah I'd be alright if it gets extended by a day or 2 as well. No reason for the captain to push the ship if there is a problem. :)

Duane

I think it's currently a 13 day cruise (Friday -> Thursday), but yeah I'd be alright if it gets extended by a day or 2 as well. No reason for the captain to push the ship if there is a problem. :)

Duane

You are correct. I was thinking of a different cruise.

Welcome to day 14 of your 13 day cruise has a certain appeal.

Edited by Karnyval

I think it's currently a 13 day cruise (Friday -> Thursday), but yeah I'd be alright if it gets extended by a day or 2

Duane

You have to appreciate, when you get on so many cruises, it's easy to forget how many days your cruise is for. No really, it's true! :D :D

Duane

Noooooo i have a plane to catch then another cruise