AIBP first drink and favorite sail away spot?

TaylorMace

This will be our first time with the AIBP. Do you have a favorite spot to have your first drink? A fun place to hang out before the muster or during sail away? The last few cruises we did the sail away on our balcony, but I always remember our first cruise and watching from the top deck as the ship pulled away. Not sure what we will do this time.

This will be our first time with the AIBP. Do you have a favorite spot to have your first drink? A fun place to hang out before the muster or during sail away? The last few cruises we did the sail away on our balcony, but I always remember our first cruise and watching from the top deck as the ship pulled away. Not sure what we will do this time.

Which ship?

Always at the sail away. After the first, I need the next ones.

At sailaway, we are usually topside along a railing if we aren't on our balcony. We usually sail out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we're waving to the people fishing on the starboard side or in the condos on the port side.

As far as a drink -- I drink Scotch every sailaway. It's my policy.

Edited by msg74

Since we normally sail out of Melbourne we like to be beside an outside bar as high up in the ship as possible, watching the view as we sailaway from the Melbourne Skyline. 2 years ago we had an aft balcony cabin sailing out of Sydney so we just sat on our balcony having a drink and watching the gorgeous view.

We always get on the ship and say we're going to have a Whiskey Sour (hubby) and a Gin and Lemonade (me). It always turns into a beer for him and a wine for me! :p

We're on the Regal for the first time, in 3 weeks -- yay!!!! Have been studying the deck plans particularly for sail away. We may start on deck 16 by the Outrigger bar but since it looks like a fairly small area, may get crowded quickly. So, I thought about going up one deck and staying aft and starboard to appreciate NY harbor headed out. Once we leave the harbor, will probably roam for the best pictures. Drink? DH and I always enjoy the "drink of the day" so may do that, depending. And of course enjoying our AIBP. Happy sailing!

Would love to hear suggestions from those who have sailed Regal re: good spots for sail away.

We're on the Regal for the first time, in 3 weeks -- yay!!!! Have been studying the deck plans particularly for sail away. We may start on deck 16 by the Outrigger bar but since it looks like a fairly small area, may get crowded quickly. So, I thought about going up one deck and staying aft and starboard to appreciate NY harbor headed out. Once we leave the harbor, will probably roam for the best pictures. Drink? DH and I always enjoy the "drink of the day" so may do that, depending. And of course enjoying our AIBP. Happy sailing!

Would love to hear suggestions from those who have sailed Regal re: good spots for sail away.

Outrigger's is a great place, and surprisingly spacious, with tables, chairs and sofas...and super views

Sounds like I need to try Beverly Hills Iced Tea -- do you know ingredients? 🍹

Beverly Hills

Iced Tea

10 ½ oz Glass

½ oz Cointreau

½ oz Bombay Sapphire Gin

½ oz Bacardi White Rum

½ oz Grey Goose Vodka

½ oz Cuervo Tequila

Pouring Sparkling Wine

Pardon my ignorance but what is AIBP?

Favorite drink is whatever the special of the day is and favorite spot is the Outrigger at the very back of Lido Deck.

AIBP = All Inclusive Beverage Package....

Favorite drink is Ketel One with splash of club soda and a lime. Sailaway spot is wherever the band is on deck....

Edited by reedprincess

If you will be on Regal leaving out of New York, the best place will be up on deck. I just watched her on the harbor web cam. She goes past the Statue of Liberty and then under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. You can only appreciate going under the bridge from up on deck. You really think the ship won't fit under. It's fun. But if you have early traditional dinner at 5:30 you will miss it. She went past the Statue of Liberty around 5:30 and under the Verrazano around 5:50. Unless they schedule the traditional later on the 1st night.

Outrigger's is a great place, and surprisingly spacious, with tables, chairs and sofas...and super views

That sounds wonderful! I can't wait until we are back there on our Regal cruise.

Sounds like I need to try Beverly Hills Iced Tea -- do you know ingredients?

They are good, but strong.:eek::eek::eek: I like a margarita with an extra shot of rum, Mucho Mangos are good, vodka on the rocks is always good.:D:D:D