EZair, final pay questions

cruiseintoheaven

Ok, we are using EZair for the first time in February for our B2B on the Regal. My TA has confirmed that we have until 45 days prior to flying to make changes or cancel, which would be Dec. 28. Since our final pay for cruises is in November, I'm trying to clarify how that works. Do we pay for flights at time of final pay and if any changes are made after, we receive a refund? Or, do we pay everything but our airfare ahead of time and just wait on that portion until it's due on Dec. 28? I have an email into my TA but she's out today and I need something cruise-related to obsess about...:)

You pay for everything at the time of final payment BUT Princess does not actually buy the plane tickets until 45 days before embarkation. If you wish them to do so (for example, if you wish to buy a seat upgrade thru the airline), there is a form you can complete which instructs Princess to purchase the seats. However, if you do that, you can no longer make changes.

Prior to 45 days before (like at the time of the reservation), Princess has secured a reservation with the airline. Most airlines allow a "normal" seat reservation at that time. Princess guarantees you that if the price goes up, you are locked in at the lower price, but if the price goes down you can request the lower rate. Because they have not purchased the ticket, YOU can make changes. However, if your changes result in a higher rate, you'll pay the increased fare based on the date of your changes. If you cancel or if EZ Air has a lower rate, you'll get a refund.

ok, thanks for the reply and info....though that info now has surfaced another question. We're fine with our regular seats (in fact we were able to select them on AA.com, and attach our frequent flier numbers), BUT, I would like to get free baggage which we are accustomed to having because we usually pay for our flights with our AAdvantage Visa. However, we use our Princess Visa to pay for anything cruise related....is there a way to separate the payments, or is that not even an option? :confused:

Ok, we are using EZair for the first time in February for our B2B on the Regal. My TA has confirmed that we have until 45 days prior to flying to make changes or cancel, which would be Dec. 28. Since our final pay for cruises is in November, I'm trying to clarify how that works. Do we pay for flights at time of final pay and if any changes are made after, we receive a refund? Or, do we pay everything but our airfare ahead of time and just wait on that portion until it's due on Dec. 28? I have an email into my TA but she's out today and I need something cruise-related to obsess about...:)

EZair payment is due at final payment if you have selected Flex air . It is changeable or can be cancelled up to 45 days before the cruise. Keep in mind the tickets aren't actually released to the airline until 45 days before departure.

We I fly Westjet , after I've paid the cruise (with airfare) off fully. I release Princess to issue the tickets to the airline. Up to this point I haven't been able to chose seats . The airline also couldn't assign me seats because Princess hadn't released the tickets.

That was our situation--we have a mobility issue which is much easier to manage if she can have a seat in the first row or two. If you've ever noticed on a seating chart, these seats are normally listed as "not available" because the airlines block them for special needs; we are able to book them by calling the airline. However, this is possible only after Princess has purchased the tickets.

Thus, at the time of final payment, we do the form to request that the tickets be purchased. True, we lose the ability to take advantage of a price drop, but I find that unlikely to happen that near to flying anyhow. And she does need one of those seats.

My final payment is due on Oct 4th. We purchased our flight with princess Ez air. We are flying from california to fl on Dec 17th. Our cruise is on the 18th. When I pull up our reservation number on United it states the following.

This reservation has been ticketed and confirmed. So I was able to choose seats and upgrade my seat through United. I also paid the cruise earlier this week in full, including airfair...

We used EZ air and have flex tickets. We booked through a TA, but added the EZ air through Princess. The charge was added to the final payment due our TA. We were able to pick the seats through the airlines website. Our cruise is not till next March. (Our $255 tickets would cost $700 today, so we made out booking with EZ air)

ok, thanks for the reply and info....though that info now has surfaced another question. We're fine with our regular seats (in fact we were able to select them on AA.com, and attach our frequent flier numbers), BUT, I would like to get free baggage which we are accustomed to having because we usually pay for our flights with our AAdvantage Visa. However, we use our Princess Visa to pay for anything cruise related....is there a way to separate the payments, or is that not even an option? :confused:

It would probably not do you any good to use the AA card as the charge to the card will be to Princess, not to AA.

...BUT, I would like to get free baggage which we are accustomed to having because we usually pay for our flights with our AAdvantage Visa. However, we use our Princess Visa to pay for anything cruise related....is there a way to separate the payments, or is that not even an option? :confused:

My experience (with Delta) was to provide the appropriate information on the EZ Air sign up form and I wasn't charged for luggage.

• 3 weeks later...
My experience (with Delta) was to provide the appropriate information on the EZ Air sign up form and I wasn't charged for luggage.

What information are you referring to? I signed up for EZ Air, for Delta flights, and filled out the information that was requested. There was a place for our Delta Sky Miles numbers. The Delta American Express Card states that flights booked with their card get free baggage for the flight. Now, if Princess pays for the flight, how will Delta know that I have a Delta American Express Card or if I paid for the flight with the card?

I think MandD may be referring to EZcheck (think that's what it's called) where you send your luggage out the night before and are (hopefully) reunited at your home airport. As far as I can determine there's no way to separate out the air portion/payment to get free baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think MandD may be referring to EZcheck (think that's what it's called) where you send your luggage out the night before and are (hopefully) reunited at your home airport. As far as I can determine there's no way to separate out the air portion/payment to get free baggage.

After reading this again I think you are right about what MandD was referring to. They did say “EZ Air” and I was tuned into that.

I recently returned from a trans-Atlantic cruise, and I had booked my return air from Newark to Dallas/Fort Worth on United using EZAir. I paid Princess for the air - along with the rest of the cruise - with my Princess credit card.

My United reservation had my United frequent flyer number which was linked to my United credit card. Even though I did not use my United credit card to book my flight, I received priority boarding and free luggage checking based on my United credit card.

I recently returned from a trans-Atlantic cruise, and I had booked my return air from Newark to Dallas/Fort Worth on United using EZAir. I paid Princess for the air - along with the rest of the cruise - with my Princess credit card.

My United reservation had my United frequent flyer number which was linked to my United credit card. Even though I did not use my United credit card to book my flight, I received priority boarding and free luggage checking based on my United credit card.

Well that's encouraging - though I wish it was spelled out somewhere more clearly - thanks for posting!

I just called American Express and asked about this problem. They told me the same thing that “NavyVeteran” said in his post. Make sure your Frequent Flyer numbers are in your Delta reservation and it will automatically be connected to your American Express card. Bring your card with you and if there is a problem when you check your bag in at the airport, just show it to them and you should get the free bags.

Now we will see if it all works out.

I’m going to call American Express to see what they say about this topic. I’ll have time later today to call them and I will post here what I find out.

I have always received the free bag on DL even when I haven't used the DL Amex to pay for the ticket.

Edited by Jase0581
already answered

Delta is different than American and United you only have to be a card holder to receive your free luggage.

The other airlines you must purchase your ticket or tax when using miles with their card.

I find it unusual that NavyVeteran was able to receive his benefits without purchasing with his card.

I have not been as lucky this last year but maybe policies have changed, I do know United did revamp some things recently.

Edited by land lover