Upgrade Advantage Offer Escape Help. ??

purpletequila

Do you have to book directly with Norwegian to get the bid/ upsell email? Has anyone booked through a travel agent or orbitz, Priceline, etc. and got the email for bid or upsell. We don't want to have false hope since we booked with a third party. Our rooms are all paid for and have been assigned just wondering if these perks are exclusively to customers who book directly with Norwegian. Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reports are that customers who have booked with a travel agent are also getting these emails. They don't send them to everyone - not sure what the "system" they use to pick those names is. You must receive an email in order to participate in the bidding.

Do you have to book directly with Norwegian to get the bid/ upsell email? Has anyone booked through a travel agent or orbitz, Priceline, etc. and got the email for bid or upsell. We don't want to have false hope since we booked with a third party. Our rooms are all paid for and have been assigned just wondering if these perks are exclusively to customers who book directly with Norwegian. Thanks in advance...

I have a TA and got an offer directly to my email.

:)

Thank you; there's hipe

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You bet. I've also heard they are only doing 2-category upsells. Meaning if you are in an Inside, you can upsell to Ocean View or Balcony staterooms. If you want to upsell to The Haven, you must be in a Balcony or Minisuite. I would imagine the Haven upsell emails go out first, then once they know how many available balcony/minisuites they have available, then the upsell emails go out to the Oceanview/Inside stateroom folks. It looks like Haven upsell emails are going out about 6 weeks prior to sailing. I would guess if you're in an inside or oceanview, somewhere between 1 and 3 weeks before sailing you might see an upsell email.

You bet. I've also heard they are only doing 2-category upsells. Meaning if you are in an Inside, you can upsell to Ocean View or Balcony staterooms. .

you are right!

I'm in an inside and had just two option for upgrade.

just Ocean View or Balcony

Let me see if I am understanding this...so we are booked on the Getaway in two balcony cabins. If we were to receive an upsell email with the chance to bid on combining the five of us into an H4 Haven suite, would we keep the promo's that we currently have (wifi package/s and prepaid gratuities), even though it says that prepaid gratuities "do not apply to Haven and suites"? And also would the price we bid apply to just two of us, and the other three passengers wouldn't be charged the upsell price? I'm confused yet intrigued by the idea of being able to upsell to a Haven suite.

Let me see if I am understanding this...so we are booked on the Getaway in two balcony cabins. If we were to receive an upsell email with the chance to bid on combining the five of us into an H4 Haven suite, would we keep the promo's that we currently have (wifi package/s and prepaid gratuities), even though it says that prepaid gratuities "do not apply to Haven and suites"? And also would the price we bid apply to just two of us, and the other three passengers wouldn't be charged the upsell price? I'm confused yet intrigued by the idea of being able to upsell to a Haven suite.

E mail bid would only be for one cabin not both

Also H4 second bedroom is tiny in my opinion too small for adults

Good for young children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by sjnyc323

FYI,

I just called the upsell dept because I didn't receive an email and am interested in an upsell to haven from mini suite for our getaway cruise in 3 weeks. They do send the email if you ask, but only if you're eligible. It turns out some travel agents don't participate in the program, making it impossible to get an email. :( I bought through a major online cruise website and am ineligible for an upsell. This is very disappointing. I wanted to try haven for the first time this cruise.

I just wanted to pass this information along

FYI,

I just called the upsell dept because I didn't receive an email and am interested in an upsell to haven from mini suite for our getaway cruise in 3 weeks. They do send the email if you ask, but only if you're eligible. It turns out some travel agents don't participate in the program, making it impossible to get an email. :( I bought through a major online cruise website and am ineligible for an upsell. This is very disappointing. I wanted to try haven for the first time this cruise.

That sucks

FYI,

That's strange. Why wouldn't the travel agent want to make more money?

FYI,

I called also and got the same story as you did.

Actually every time I call it's another story

I called also and got the same story as you did.

Actually every time I call it's another story

I suppose its possible that if the travel agent books them as group reservations, then you might not be eligible for the upsell. That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent customers of a specific TA from participating. Hope the TA I used for our December sailing isn't one of those! :eek:

We have two balcony rooms on escape 12/17, received two separate up sell emails, one for each room. We're a family who needs to stay together. Seems to be no way they accommodate that. Although Haven is showing sold out for that sailing. Not sure it matters...

I am 32 days out from My Thanksgiving sailing on the Escape, and I just received an email saying my request was accepted!! I originally had an inside room on deck 8 booked. I got the email offer, and put in $100pp for a balcony, and ended up with a mid ship balcony on the 14th floor! We're so close!

I am 32 days out from My Thanksgiving sailing on the Escape, and I just received an email saying my request was accepted!! I originally had an inside room on deck 8 booked. I got the email offer, and put in $100pp for a balcony, and ended up with a mid ship balcony on the 14th floor! We're so close!

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal, especially going from a forward inside to a mid-ship balcony!

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal, especially going from a forward inside to a mid-ship balcony!

It is a great deal! I looked up available rooms near our new room, and they are going for over $1200. With the $100 upgrade bid, we payed $820pp! I didn't expect the upgrade to the BA class balcony!

FYI,

I've had the same problem with my Vacation Club booking. After several calls to upsell dept. and club (they didn't seem to know anything about the bid to upgrade emails), I was told that if your travel agent has OPTED OUT of the bidding, then you can't get an email to upgrade. This seems totally unfair and I feel that they should inform you of this before you book.

I've had the same problem with my Vacation Club booking. After several calls to upsell dept. and club (they didn't seem to know anything about the bid to upgrade emails), I was told that if your travel agent has OPTED OUT of the bidding, then you can't get an email to upgrade. This seems totally unfair and I feel that they should inform you of this before you book.

My travel agent been fighting with upsell as NCL decided which agencies would be part of the testing pilot and TA's didn't opt out this was all NCL's doing

My travel agent been fighting with upsell as NCL decided which agencies would be part of the testing pilot and TA's didn't opt out this was all NCL's doing

This makes more sense than the TA opting out of the program. That only hurts the TA.