Upgrade Advantage Offer Escape Help. ??

purpletequila

Im booked in a regular spa balcony. Are there specific catagories for Haven on the bidding? I would like to bid for Spa balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, there are specific Haven categories on which you can bid individually. However, Haven Spa Balcony is not one of them. You can bid on H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, and H7, which are two Owners Suite categories, the 2 Bedroom Family, Courtyard Penthouse, Aft Facing, and Forward Facing. At least, those are the options with which I have been presented whilst I'm currently in a midship balcony.

That is even better that you got the perks as a guarantee. You got a current $6700 room for $3600 so I will call it a good deal. I'm sure you will enjoy. Did they offer any cabin choice?

...actually rounded its $4650. ;-) You forgot to carry the 1

LoL

Still a dang good deal! Looks like I lost out H6 to their bid. I low balled it @$555

Let me see if I am understanding this...so we are booked on the Getaway in two balcony cabins. If we were to receive an upsell email with the chance to bid on combining the five of us into an H4 Haven suite, would we keep the promo's that we currently have (wifi package/s and prepaid gratuities), even though it says that prepaid gratuities "do not apply to Haven and suites"? And also would the price we bid apply to just two of us, and the other three passengers wouldn't be charged the upsell price? I'm confused yet intrigued by the idea of being able to upsell to a Haven suite.

Where does it say "prepaid gratuities" do not apply to Haven bids??

Read the the T&C a few times looking for this verbiage... Also didn't see it in the body of the original upgrade advantage email.

Where does it say "prepaid gratuities" do not apply to Haven bids??

Read the the T&C a few times looking for this verbiage... Also didn't see it in the body of the original upgrade advantage email.

It's not in the "Bid" T&Cs that exclude The Haven..... it's in the Pre-Paid DSC Promo T&Cs that they had when booking the two balcony rooms that specifically exclude The Haven ....

Yes, your promos will follow you to The Haven - even the prepaid DSC...... one of the secrets, when you could call upsell, was to prepay your DSC for your non-Haven room, do the upsell, and you didn't get charged the extra DSC for Haven..... however, if you didn't prepay then you paid the higher Haven DSC......

Just remember that the DSC does NOT include butler or concierge

sent using Forums mobile app

@ ESM54687

Thank goodness! Was a bit concerned there. I prepaid my gratuities months bac prior to the upgrade. Would hate for that to have been for naught.

New question for anyone: What is the reasonable & customary monetary gratitude generally extended to a butler? I've utilized concierge services before but never an earnest 'butler'??? They'll definitely get the difference from the standard SC vs haven SC, but idk if that's sufficient...

@ ESM54687

Thank goodness! Was a bit concerned there. I prepaid my gratuities months bac prior to the upgrade. Would hate for that to have been for naught.

New question for anyone: What is the reasonable & customary monetary gratitude generally extended to a butler? I've utilized concierge services before but never an earnest 'butler'??? They'll definitely get the difference from the standard SC vs haven SC, but idk if that's sufficient...

Butlers not included in service charges I usually give butler at least $100 for services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a minor pet peeve with this new program. I was hoping to upgrade and was offered three different options. I just confirmed that two are actually sold out and only one is available, even though it asked me to bid on all three. I bid on two different owner's suites (which according to the rep at NCL in the upgrade department) have been sold out for some time. I am not really sure about the logic of this, unless there were a last minute cancellation?

c r u i s e s . C o m

Your agency, as well as a few others, are under the W o r l d T r a v e l Holding umbrella and I was told that WTH has not responded to the multiple emails that NCL sent regarding the new program. I would think that once this is no longer just a pilot program and becomes standard, they will opt in so they don't lose customers.

It is frustrating to know that people that paid far less are getting opportunities for better categories by only paying $25 or $50 more. I wanted to upsell within my same category to get a bigger balcony and would have to pay $800 just because I booked with a Cruise agency that Only books cruises.

I called.

I got the offer in my email -- but no number to call if I have a question .. I have two rooms booked but no way can I afford to move two rooms to the Haven .. but wow what an experience that would be .. I could consolidate both to a 6 person suite ;) wonder how I could make that work??? Any thoughts? Who would I call to find out? Strange that there is no number to call...

Thanks for any info you all can provide!

I got the offer in my email -- but no number to call if I have a question .. I have two rooms booked but no way can I afford to move two rooms to the Haven .. but wow what an experience that would be .. I could consolidate both to a 6 person suite ;) wonder how I could make that work??? Any thoughts? Who would I call to find out? Strange that there is no number to call...

Don't think it can be done

There have been reports of people being successful at this if you can call, but with the new bidding process it is not possible.

• 4 months later...

I HATE NCLs website. Like almost EVERYTHING about it. /// Had to get that out.

Anyway on this upgrade offer it works "per room" Well we are upgrading to get everyone in the same room which we couldnt do when we made our reservations. I called NCL and they told me that if my offer was accepted it would only affect that room so I would have a Haven room that we would all be able to stay in and then a balcony room on the ship that we would never use. It baffles me that they can't identify their clients and then make them offers based accordingly. What could they possibly gain by having an empty room on the ship?

Anyway on this upgrade offer it works "per room" Well we are upgrading to get everyone in the same room which we couldnt do when we made our reservations. I called NCL and they told me that if my offer was accepted it would only affect that room so I would have a Haven room that we would all be able to stay in and then a balcony room on the ship that we would never use. It baffles me that they can't identify their clients and then make them offers based accordingly. What could they possibly gain by having an empty room on the ship?

Don't listen to the people on the phone. If you want all to stay in haven cabin you will have to set that up once on board because technically only the one cabin would be listed for haven suite other guests will have to check in with original cabin documents.

You received bad information. You COULD all sleep in that larger Haven room, but the people who are booked in the non-Haven room would not have access to priority embarkation/disembarkation, any of the public areas in the Haven (including the restaurant), or the concierge services. The only thing Haven guests are allowed to provide to non-Haven guests is to entertain them in their room - the non-Haven guests don't get anything else.

Unless you are okay with completely splitting your party up for a significant part of the cruise, or are okay with giving up a lot of Haven perks you are paying for, it is not a good idea to upgrade one room and not the other. I am in the exact same situation for my upcoming Escape cruise. Back when you called the upsell line, it was possible to make modifications to the booking to accommodate the situations we are both in, but since they have switched the automated system, it can't be done.

• 2 weeks later...
Your agency, as well as a few others, are under the W o r l d T r a v e l Holding umbrella and I was told that WTH has not responded to the multiple emails that NCL sent regarding the new program. I would think that once this is no longer just a pilot program and becomes standard, they will opt in so they don't lose customers.

It is frustrating to know that people that paid far less are getting opportunities for better categories by only paying $25 or $50 more. I wanted to upsell within my same category to get a bigger balcony and would have to pay $800 just because I booked with a Cruise agency that Only books cruises.

Thank you for the information in your post. Do you know if the agency you mentioned is still opting out of the new program?

• 1 month later...

Got my upgrade email today for our July GA cruise...like several have mentioned here, we have two balcony cabins and would like to upgrade to Haven (all in an H4 two bedroom suite). From reading the FAQ's on this upgrade email, it still seems like we can't do this. I think it is ridiculous to try to upgrade half of us to a Haven suite and risk the other half not getting upgraded and having to stay in the balcony cabin. Not to mention half of our family not getting the Haven perks! I miss the old way of upselling, when you could call in and combine two cabins into one higher level one. Has anyone been successful in doing this under the new program?

Got my upgrade email today for our July GA cruise...like several have mentioned here, we have two balcony cabins and would like to upgrade to Haven (all in an H4 two bedroom suite). From reading the FAQ's on this upgrade email, it still seems like we can't do this. I think it is ridiculous to try to upgrade half of us to a Haven suite and risk the other half not getting upgraded and having to stay in the balcony cabin. Not to mention half of our family not getting the Haven perks! I miss the old way of upselling, when you could call in and combine two cabins into one higher level one. Has anyone been successful in doing this under the new program?

Unfortunately can't be done

I do not think you are correct here. When you upsell to the Haven, you keep your original promotions but you DO NOT receive the 4 Haven promotions that those who book it outright receive. Just didn't want you to be confused.

Correct. Our Haven bid was accepted for our 4/1 sailing and we did not lose our UBP or SDP. Haven was

A-mazing!!!!!

We sail in 48 days and we are currently booked for an inside room. Just the more i have thought about it i think we really could use the extra space and i keep hearing when going to Alaska having a balcony is the way to go. I was originally thinking of just upgrading to a mini suite but my TA said it would be 2200.00 more for 3 of us just doing a direct change. Recently when i log into NCL's website they have an upgrade offer of balcony or oceanview i just would hate to bid and not get any upgrade at all. There are quite a few mini suites open right now . Do you think i would benefit by trying the up-sell line vs doing a direct upgrade?