Would you care?

hotsauce126

Would you care?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Would you care?

• Yes, I would find it rude.
    • No, I wouldn't care.

It happend to us one time we were at a table for six which had three couples none of us knew each other the first night we all had a good time at dinner but when it ended one couple told us this was their first cruise and they were afraid to sit with people they did not know ,and ask the MD for a table for two before dinner and starting the next day would be sitting elsewhere. They said regretted it now after having dinner with us. We did not worrie about it and did see and talk to that couple other times during the cruise.

Would I care, probably not that much....Would I find it rude, absolutely

The "Bubble" mentality annoys me when you are on a cruise. If you want your "own little world", don't go on a cruise....Rent a remote cabin someplace so you don't have to see anyone. That is not the scene on a cruise ship....if you don't like strangers, don't cruise, real simple

I love to cruise, be on the water, see new places. But I have no desire to meet new people or be in the crowd. I also have no problem with strangers, I just don't want to talk or hang out with others. I'm not sure why you would be bothered by that.

It happend to us one time we were at a table for six which had three couples none of us knew each other the first night we all had a good time at dinner but when it ended one couple told us this was their first cruise and they were afraid to sit with people they did not know ,and ask the MD for a table for two before dinner and starting the next day would be sitting elsewhere. They said regretted it now after having dinner with us. We did not worrie about it and did see and talk to that couple other times during the cruise.

But at least they told you. I don't see the rudeness in the moving tables (understandable), it's in the just leaving part.

I don't think it's rude, but I would probably spend the next two days wondering what I did that was so awful they had to leave. Even if I didn't want to eat with them.

Exactly.

Plus, the servers try to wait until everyone is at the table. If they aren't aware that people have moved tables, and the tablemates aren't aware, it can cause a delay in service.

It's not difficult to say to someone, "It's not you, it's me. We want to eat alone."

It could have been a request made earlier that could not be accommodated the first night. They were separated from travel companions, wanted a table for 2, met someone else and wanted to sit with them, etc.

Many things could have caused them to change. Maybe they thought you were seated with them by mistake.

Different languages, and age groups don't make for a very comfortable exchange of 'we are going to ask to be moved."

Not everything is about you. (generically speaking)

Servers are notified of any changes in their area.

Edited by Bookbug53

But at least they told you. I don't see the rudeness in the moving tables (understandable), it's in the just leaving part.

Exactly.

Plus, the servers try to wait until everyone is at the table. If they aren't aware that people have moved tables, and the tablemates aren't aware, it can cause a delay in service.

It's not difficult to say to someone, "It's not you, it's me. We want to eat alone."

In my eyes it is them.:eek: Eating with strangers is not my cup of tea. I have seen and heard it all from screaming kids to non english speaking people. Some guy even licked his sleve when he dropped sauce on it.:eek:

Say you went to the MDR on the first night of the cruise, and you had two strangers as tablemates. You didn't have much in common (different age groups, languages, whatever) and the next night you noticed they had spoken to the Maitre D and got a new, private table. Would you care? Would you take offense to it?

EDIT: The title was supposed to read "Would you care"

No based on the posed situation mentioned.