C&A Drink Discount

nivek82

So I am emerald and I do receive the emails, so mine states that I would get the 20% off new drink packages if I book before I set sail. That being said, when I log into my account and try to purchase a drink package, no discount is offered... When I click the "more info" link in the email, it takes me to a brochure about the packages which I'm sure everyone is getting.

Frustrating, irritating, RCCL IT at it again. :confused:

Anyone else having this issue?

What would be their incentive to do that?

None I guess but if they kick Diamonds out of the lounge and make change at same time..... of any cocktail in the lounge having the standard restrictions and a more liberal version for those using vouchers at the bar, bet it would cut down complaints.

Maybe doing it sooner than later would depopulated the DL such that no need to kick D out of DL (just a rumor I realize ). Maybe allow mixed drinks that aren't labor intensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received the email also. We confirmed with several people that are sailing on ships now that they are giving 30-40% discount based on status. We also called the C&A desk (I know, scary) and they confirmed that they are aware of it, but can't credit us on any purchased packages. We would have to cancel and buy onboard to get our 40% off.

I received the email also. We confirmed with several people that are sailing on ships now that they are giving 30-40% discount based on status. We also called the C&A desk (I know, scary) and they confirmed that they are aware of it, but can't credit us on any purchased packages. We would have to cancel and buy onboard to get our 40% off.

Wow - so people on board are really getting those amounts off? What is their C&A status?

I pre purchased at 20% off for our April sale. If the prices stay the same I might cancel when my cruise gets closer and repurchase on board so I can use my OBC!! If the % off is greater than 20% that would be an even bigger bonus...we are of course lowly gold level still...so I am not expecting much but would love the prepurchase price to be available on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What ship? ships?

I have already purchased the drink package for our upcoming Harmony cruise with the 20% off online but as Diamond + member I would be willing to cancel to get the 30 or 40% off.

Thanks everyone for their replies. It would be interesting if anyone that is sailing soon can confirm (maybe a picture) what ships are doing this.

No C&A based drink package discounts on Explorer last week.

Just of the phone with C&A csr, she stated 30-40% discount ONLY for bottled wine. She stated I was the second person that referenced the confusing email this morning!

Previous poster stated no discounts were available. Sounds as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I'm in with the Deluxe Package for $44.00/day plus gratuity which I consider a pretty good deal.

Edited by RichL

I'm in with the Deluxe Package for $44.00/day plus gratuity which I consider a pretty good deal.

It would be nice if they gave Diamond and above the ability to buy it ON the ship for the same 44/day discounted advanced purchase price. That would be a perk that wouldn't break the bank for RCCL. Then it could be purchased with OBC and could purchase a discounted package for the last 4 days of cruise instead of length of cruise, so a perk for the Diamonds.

The 20% off sort of accounts for the 3 drinks Diamonds were due anyway.