Onboard Expenses Change?

ae2009

Got a question....I am trying to fill out the online check in and it is asking about on board expenses. If I choose the cash account but want to change it before we sail to a credit card will it allow me to do that?

Someone who is sailing with us wants to use a pre paid card but doesn't have the card yet because they will purchase it right before we leave. Will they allow me to do that?

Got a question....I am trying to fill out the online check in and it is asking about on board expenses. If I choose the cash account but want to change it before we sail to a credit card will it allow me to do that?

Someone who is sailing with us wants to use a pre paid card but doesn't have the card yet because they will purchase it right before we leave. Will they allow me to do that?

I'm pretty sure you can change it as many times as you want prior to sailing.

Also I would expect that with a prepaid card it will have holds against it same as a CC or debit card. Which normally means the holds plus the actual charges will tie up double the amount. I think they would be better off just bringing cash and set up a cash account or use a credit card with a high enough limit available to cover at least double the amount of charges. JMHO

I just worked a book fair at a school where we could take credit cards. Someone presented a prepaid card and it required us to call a number and give all the information that would normally be needed for a credit card. Wonder if a prepaid card has the same problem using it on a ship?

Also note this: changed my credit card before my last cruise. At check-in, I tried to hand the person behind the counter my card and was told it wasn't needed since it was in the system.

Silly me paid no attention, even though I got a print out a few times during the sailing (Vista inaugural 13 nights).

When I got home, I discovered that the FIRST card had been charged. :mad:

I had changed it because I specifically wanted to earn the points on the other card.

A travel companion also had a problem. She was initially put on with one of the others in our cabin simply for the system to recognize that she had completed the check-in process. When she tried to pay for drinks the first night with her card, she was told she didn't have signing privileges. She also had tried to give her card at check-in (to a different person) and was told it wasn't needed.

Moral is, if you DO change your check-in info online, be sure to confirm it either when you check in, or go to the service desk immediately.

Seems ridiculous that you can change it online but it doesn't actually undate in their system. Maybe this was a glitch with Vista, since she was brand new, but doesn't hurt to make sure they've got the right info if you've made a change.