Excursions with Oceania Buenos Aires to Lima.

bellaggio

We are cruising with Oceania on March 7,2017 from Buenos Aires to Lima(Patagonian Odyssey) The ports are Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Punta del Este, Port Stanley, Ushuaia, Puenta Arenas, Puerto Chacabuco, Puerto Montt, Valparaiso, Coquimbo, Iquique, Pisco and Lima. Can you please comment on any of the ship excursions you booked in the past when you took this cruise. I am trying to decide which ones to take with the ship and which ones to take with a private tour company. Also are there any ports that you do not need a tour in?Thank you for you help. :)

Only one or two cruises which visit those ports are offered by Oceania each year, so the chances of finding somebody with experience of the entire voyage are slim.

You'll have much more luck in finding information about your Ports in the "Port of Call section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Falklands,Patrick Watts.But book early,he is vey popular.We did the battlefields tout,excellent.

A second for Patrick Watts. Excellent. We went to see the Penguins at Volunteer Point with him. It's a long day and drive over the peat bogs to get there, but amazing.

Joe

We are cruising with Oceania on March 7,2017 from Buenos Aires to Lima(Patagonian Odyssey) The ports are Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Punta del Este, Port Stanley, Ushuaia, Puenta Arenas, Puerto Chacabuco, Puerto Montt, Valparaiso, Coquimbo, Iquique, Pisco and Lima. Can you please comment on any of the ship excursions you booked in the past when you took this cruise. I am trying to decide which ones to take with the ship and which ones to take with a private tour company. Also are there any ports that you do not need a tour in?Thank you for you help. :)

I want on a private wine tour in Montevideo. think his name is ryan. .-just type in wine tours for here. he books very early.

he also does them from Punta del Este- but i would do the morning tour that goes to the house that is part museum- part hotel. casa blana or something like that.. then in afternoon go for lunch and walk around .there a tall building that the lobby has art. go in and then take the lift to the top for a drink and views.

i been to porto Monte but was a land tour. .felt we needed more time just to wander around. make sure you see the inside of the fish market. wow.

port Stanley- go to Volunteer point and enjoy.

the others i have not been to. but I so know in Lima there a great gormet food tour. maybe it works with the ship times.

I am leaving for this cruise although vice versa in two weeks. Lima (we will take the O Machu Picchu luxury pre tour) and disembark in BA.

I will try to post to let you know what we enjoy etc. Looking forward to fabulous scenery, Chilean wines, and penguins, as well as the natural beauty of the area.

Portofinoitaly,

Try to take in a flight over Nazca lines on a day trip from Lima, if possible (or an a tour from other ports in Peru, if offered).

A truly unique place and experience.

Thank you Paulchili for the info. O does offer the flight but it states it can encounter turbulence and lots of banking and tight turns. We made it thru the Alaska seaplane adventure and think we will stay on the land tour ;-)

I am leaving for this cruise although vice versa in two weeks. Lima (we will take the O Machu Picchu luxury pre tour) and disembark in BA.

I will try to post to let you know what we enjoy etc. Looking forward to fabulous scenery, Chilean wines, and penguins, as well as the natural beauty of the area.

Several of us on the March 7 sailing would value your experience and feedback. Thanks for offering to post.

Thank you Paulchili for the info. O does offer the flight but it states it can encounter turbulence and lots of banking and tight turns. We made it thru the Alaska seaplane adventure and think we will stay on the land tour ;-)

I understand :).

The banking, of course, is done so that people on both sides of the plane can best see the images below. You do have to be a good "flyer" for this, especially as taking pictures (lots of them) and zooming in exaggerates the motion sickness.

I too was very glad when the plane was finally getting ready to land but it was well worth it for me.

Edited by Paulchili

We did the reverse of this tour a couple of years ago and I have a complete list of the tour companies that we used, contact info, and what we did. I was able to get others to join us via the roll call section. We had some amazing excursions.

If you would like to read all my notes, email me privately and I can send you the document. margnewman "at" aol "dot" com

Edited by msn123
mispelling

We did the reverse of this tour a couple of years ago and I have a complete list of the tour companies that we used, contact info, and what we did. I was able to get others to join us via the roll call section. We had some amazing excursions.

If you would like to read all my notes, email me privately and I can send you the document. margnewman "at" aol "dot" com

Could you let me know the tour in Pisco.many thanks.