Passengers left behind?

Ken Greco

Last year on royal jewel. A passenger didn't hear his name called over the pa, so they broke into his safe took all his belongings and left them at their pier office. Oh boy was he pissed lol they had to retrieve all his stuff and fly it to the exit port. They ended up giving him a free cruise for future

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pissed wouldn't begin to describe me if I Had been him. I doubt a free cruise would have even begun to make me happy.

We're sailing in January and found three hotels under $100, with a bunch more between $100-$125. Can also go an hour and a half south and stay in the Jules Undersea Lodge in Key Largo. Only $800 a night for two if you're a certified scuba diver, add $95 per person if you aren't. :D

Now Key West I can see having a hard time finding a cheap hotel, cheapest rooms we could find were around $200 a night, but we've got a night in Orlando and a night in Fort Lauderdale for under $100 each.

Just stayed in the Key West Bed and Breakfast in March 2016; that is the real name of the place. It is walking distance to Duval St. I paid $125 per night It was a shared bathroom but there was no one on my floor so I had this huge bathroom all to my self. The breakfast was amazing and the place is beautiful. Free bikes and great help with restaurants.

We almost missed a cruise sail away once! Just before our eight year wedding anniversary, the hubby and I were in a multiple rollover accident in South Carolina on the way to cruise port. While in the ER, suffering from a concussion and awaiting MRI and stitches, I did the math to figure exactly how many hours we could spend in the hospital and still have time to find a rental car, purchase some new shoes (mine were lost in wreckage) and the biggest pair of sunglasses we could find (to cover my black eye and stitches), and finish the drive before sail away. In short, we made it, woke up the morning after our first full night's sleep on the ship to find that the real pain comes on the day AFTER the accident...and immediately cashed out all of our shore excursions for three couple's massages. In hindsight, it was a cruise we should have missed. But I had a concussion so wasn't quite in my right mind and the hubby was just doing whatever necessary to prevent his wife from dissolving into hysterics. The poor guy spent the entire cruise getting dirty looks from other passengers who assumed my facial trauma was a result of spousal abuse.

In less than two months, we are cruising again to celebrate our 14 year anniversary. Aiming to be on the ship with plenty of time to spare and NO drama:cool:

I also had a black eye on a cruise once! My husband was getting dirty looks the whole time too. A cruise employee even pulled me aside and asked if I was in trouble and needed help. Even when I assured people that I was fine, they still didn't fully believe me. I guess it's nice to know that there are people who will intervene, but I felt sorry for my husband.

I don't remember which cruise line or exactly which port, but probably six years ago, a cruise ship left port in Maine several hours early on orders of the port due to an unexpectedly early and severe low tide. If I recall several hundred or more missed the ship, including some on cruise line shore excursions. They were put up overnight, and I believe flown to the next port. I'm sure someone will recall this. I am confident it was one of the big four in the US (RCCL, NCL, CCL, HAL) and fairly sure it happened in Portland.

Yep. Several times we've seen people staggering along on the Cozumel dock, and they start to sprint (to no avail) when they see the ship pulling away.

We have enjoyed watching from our balcony as people who have spent too much time in Senor Frog's in Cozumel stagger down the pier. On two occasions we have seen them arrive in time to watch the ship pull away, but not in time to board.

After reading Klfhngr's story, I don't think I'll enjoy this any more. Even though Klfhngr had a good reason to miss the ship and I don't think the people we've watched did, that's too high a price to pay for a little indiscretion. From now on I'll definitely be cheering for them to make it!

Margy

Edited by Margy23
typo

2 years ago, we were leaving Bermuda. We were supposed to leave at 5:00 pm but I noticed at 5:10, we had not moved. Went on the balcony to see if I could see what could be happening. A few minutes later, a young girl (11 or 12) in the next balcony appears and embarrassingly said the ship was waiting for her mother and younger sister. She said they had contacted her earlier by cell and indicated that she should come back but the mother said she had more shopping to do. Young girl left and I did not see her again.

I think it was around 5:45 when a taxi roared up the dock and then seen the mother and daughter running from where the taxi unloaded them. Of course people on the balcony were cheering and clapping while the mom was holding her bags in one hand and trying to hold onto her hat while also attempting to wave with the other. We left very soon after.

I know there was a grandmother watching the other kids on board but I don't think she spoke English. We had the rest of the day and 1 more day at sea to get back to New York, so maybe that's why we waited.

knowing better,, but circumstances.. yadda yadda... we started on our journey with a 3 hr window to meet the ship departure... 1st flight OK. second flight had an emergency declared just as we left the tarmac... plane had to make 2 big circles to drop fuel in the Hudson River.. then land .. the replacement plane we ended up getting on... was going to put us at the pier with no time to spare.. when they knocked the cargo door off while loading the beer. ,,,,, when we landed. I found Carnival land transfer desk,, and bought 2 transfers.... turns out they were already waiting for 2 other couple that were late........ altho they went to another ship at same pier ... they did hold the ship for 1 hr .. and we were that couple... sigh jan just passed.. we went back to booking an extra day to ensure this wouldn't happen,,, then the big snow came in for mid east and it shut down atlanta too... we ended up getting a few flights to get to miami.. but we were on the planes for over a day.... they shut the gang way door while pushing me on board.... sir.. sir... step ahead a bit please... lol yup.. last couple on board again!! same trip.. we met 22 ppl getting on ship on second day out.. first port.. they had missed the ship sail away,, not fun ,,,