How to book complimentary dinner

Here is my question. So we received a free speciality dining for 2 perk from our travel agent. My husband would like to go to Teppanyaki!s and the NCL site does show availability. Do I need to enter my credit card info to reserve this even if it's free? if we decide to change the time or day will we be able to?

thanks in advance.....

Here is my question. So we received a free speciality dining for 2 perk from our travel agent. My husband would like to go to Teppanyaki!s and the NCL site does show availability. Do I need to enter my credit card info to reserve this even if it's free? if we decide to change the time or day will we be able to?

thanks in advance.....

Yes, put in your credit card. Ask for any refund at restaurant host desk when you go to restaurant. Have proof with you that it is free. You should have a printout of that amenity since your TA should email you an amenity copy.

Yes, once aboard you can make any changes.

Edited by NMLady

When you book reservations online they will ask for a credit card but will not charge your account until the day you go to the restaurant. If you want to book the 2 free dinners as Platinum members call the NCL customer service and they will book them for you without using any credit card. We did this last month and worked out fine. Both paid and free reservations appeared on our vacation summary we printed before we left for the cruise.

When you book reservations online they will ask for a credit card but will not charge your account until the day you go to the restaurant. If you want to book the 2 free dinners as Platinum members call the NCL customer service and they will book them for you without using any credit card. We did this last month and worked out fine. Both paid and free reservations appeared on our vacation summary we printed before we left for the cruise.

Your credit card is charged right away when you put your card in.

The question is not the Platinum dinners. Platinum dinners can be reserved online since there is no charge at the ala carte restaurants.

Thanks for the info. It is safe to just book once we get on the ship? We are a table of 2 and very flexible. NCL newbies.

Book right away when you board. Easier to squeeze two people in.

Booking online you do have to prepay and your card is charged.

If the TA gift shows up in your amenities before the cruise, you might be able to call NCL and make reservations for Teppanyaki without paying. But I kind of doubt it, and TA's often don't order their incentives until a few days before the cruise, and you probably don't want to wait that long to book Teppanyaki. It depends which ship you're on: The smaller ships have very limited seating at Teppanyaki, so it's not a good idea to wait until the last minute if you are at all picky about the date/time.

If you book on-line, there is no way to indicate that you will be paying with a voucher from your TA. The booking system will make you give a credit card and you will be charged the full cover charge for 2. As NMLady explained, you can ask to get this refunded on board (as OBC) once you use the voucher. But, that means that you will receive around $70 of OBC that you have to spend on board (or wait for a long time to get it refunded after your cruise).

You might be able to make a reservation without paying if you call NCL and speak to someone about this. It's worth a call, but no promises.

Incorrect. Unless you are on an NCL Specialty Dining Package, you are charged immediately. On board, you can present your certificate to the hostess. Your refund will be in the form of on board credit (not a credit card refund).

Teppanyaki sells out really fast you need to book immediately.

Edited by BirdTravels

Since Le Bistro and La Cecina have gone to al a carte pricing, you don't need to pay anything when you book in advance. When you show up for dinner, if you have the Platinum cupon, just show it to the waiter in advance of ordering.

Since Le Bistro and La Cecina have gone to al a carte pricing, you don't need to pay anything when you book in advance. When you show up for dinner, if you have the Platinum cupon, just show it to the waiter in advance of ordering.

Actually, present your platinum coupon to the Hostess. She will clip it to your ticket and ensure you get the right menus.

If you have chosen the dining package as one of your perks will you have to give a credit card when making reservations at each of the restaurants?
If you have the dining package on your account (either as a perk or purchased), you can make reservations for the fully included restaurants free of charge. As already mentioned, for Le Bistro, Cagney's, and La Cucina, anyone can reserve those restaurants free of charge, as many times as they want.

If you book one of the upcharge venues (Ocean Blue, or entertainment dining like Illusionarium/Cirque), the system will ask for your credit card and charge you. If you book one of the cover charge restaurants (Moderno, Teppanyaki) and you have already surpassed the number of meals in your dining package, the system will ask for a credit card and charge you.

Now I'm confused. If you have chosen the dining package as one of your perks will you have to give a credit card when making reservations at each of the restaurants? Or only if it's something your TA has gifted you.

It will be clear when you go into the system. If you try to book Teppanyaki or Moderno and it shows $0, then you have a free dining night available.

You can even use this to test how many dining nights you have. Add Teppanyaki to your cart every night of the cruise until you see a charge appear. The number of free ones is the number of free meals you have to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information. Is it correct The free Platinum dinner can only be used at LeBistro?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have the dining package on your account (either as a perk or purchased), you can make reservations for the fully included restaurants free of charge. As already mentioned, for Le Bistro, Cagney's, and La Cucina, anyone can reserve those restaurants free of charge, as many times as they want.

That is the answer to my question (and I didn't even have to post the question). Thanks! :D

Actually, present your platinum coupon to the Hostess. She will clip it to your ticket and ensure you get the right menus.

Both my wife and I are first time platinum members, can we invite friends to join us and use 2 coupons at the same time?

Both my wife and I are first time platinum members, can we invite friends to join us and use 2 coupons at the same time?

Yes you can, and you get 2 bottles of wine. You can ask them not to uncork it if you only need one for your group, and you can take the second bottle with you.