Hurricane and Miami and Cruise

cruiserbie

We are flying into Miami on Wednesday and saw the news that Hurricane is going towards South Florida by that time. We are going to Miami to get on the MSC cruise to Eastern Caribbean. I am not sure what's going to happen and what we are supposed to do. Do we still need to fly into Miami or the cruise will cancel itself? If cruise does not cancel and Florida is not safe, what are we supposed to do? Cruise is leaving on Sunday the 8th in the evening.

Stop worrying and just watch the weather reports. The storm is forecasted to stay east of Florida. You will know before Wednesday whether or not it will impact Florida. The airlines will not fly into Miami if there is a hurricane. By the way, we sail out on Saturday, 10/8 not Sunday. I have been wondering if the Divina will remain in dry dock in Freeport as it does appear right now that the storm will be making a direct hit on the Bahamas. Also wondering if we will skip Nassau. Time will tell.

Hopefully, all will turn out well for all the islands Matthew is going to impact.

Edited by versuco

We are flying into Miami on Wednesday and saw the news that Hurricane is going towards South Florida by that time. We are going to Miami to get on the MSC cruise to Eastern Caribbean. I am not sure what's going to happen and what we are supposed to do. Do we still need to fly into Miami or the cruise will cancel itself? If cruise does not cancel and Florida is not safe, what are we supposed to do? Cruise is leaving on Sunday the 8th in the evening.

They wont cancel, the storm will have passed by Saturday. Your flights could be rough or cancelled and then everyone will get backed up for days but that is what insurance is for.

Leave early, flights may be cancelled on Wed.

We fly in Saturday morning for the 10/08 Divina cruise. I don't see any problems. No worries :D

Hope you are correct, due to family events will also be flying in on Saturday. Once we get to Miami no worries. It looks positive right now but the path estimates this far out can really change. We should have a good idea by Wednesday what and where Matthew will be.

Best wishes for all headed to Miami for the cruise this Saturday. I'm more worried about luggage getting soaked being taken from the plane.

Dave

Edited by SnorkelBoy
added info

Many years ago our cruise got cancelled .Airport Fort Lauderdale was closed . If you get to Miami so probably you will get on board but what direction you will go no one knows.

Saw this on their website: 10/5/2016

MSC Divina departing from Miami, Saturday, October 8, 2016: As the safety and security of our guests and crew is MSC Cruises’ number one priority, we are working closely with the relevant local authorities responsible for the monitoring of Hurricane Matthew and are following the guidance provided by the U.S. Coast Guard. As of now, MSC Divina is regularly scheduled to embark guests on Saturday.

I just received call from Expedia. Msc still cruising but they changed Nassau to grand Turk island. No surprise but I never been to both so don't know if I should feel bad about not to Nassau or not.

You hit the jackpot there - Turks has amazing diving and snorkeling. Great job Msc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hit the jackpot there - Turks has amazing diving and snorkeling. Great job Msc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info had never been to the Bahamas but have also never been to Grand Turk. Maybe I will bring my snorkel mask.