Hurricane diversion, Allure

Just got off Allure this morning and we were diverted this past week due to Matthew. People always ask so I thought I'd post what happened, as a point of information.

Left Port Everglades last Sunday. Ship was in Nassau Monday and sea day Tue. Wed and Thur we were supposed to be in St. Thomas and St. Maarten then 2 more sea days. I think it was Monday afternoon after we left Nassau (but might have been Tuesday morning) the captain came on the PA and said that Matthew would be too close for comfort if we went on to St. Thomas/Maarten as planned. Even if the storm didn't hit there directly on those days he said the weather would be awful, so...... we went to Labadee and Falmouth instead. They also announced that anyone with ship-sponsored excursions would automatically have them refunded to their onboard account.

We would have preferred the original ports but weather is weather and safety is paramount. We heard they were getting heavy rain and 60mph winds in St. Thomas the day we were supposed to have been there. Meanwhile we enjoyed great weather in Labadee and Falmouth.

Again, just wanted to post as an example of "what happens if..."

Edited by waterbug123

Oh what did you do in Falmouth?

We've been on so many Caribbean cruises we didn't even bother looking at the listed excursions. We just got off and went to Margaritaville for a little while, had a burger and a couple drinks, and went back to the ship.