Cruise day rush hour strategy?

stickyshocker

Then let them be Line Lemming Ladies of 17th Street...

Meanwhile, you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast, relax by the pool, stroll Las Olas or maybe, if you're really motivated, get a late check-out and go to the beach for a couple hours, then return to the hotel for a quick shower, grab your bags and be off to the port.

or have them cancel their reservations and join me at Riverside instead(which i tried and failed but will give it a go again).

yes i mean a bit further from the port, in Las Olas actually.I made an arrangement thru the hotel, Im okay w/ organized chaos , but the pushing and shoving, not keen about that. What private shuttles are there? tnx

You will not find trashy behavior like that at The Riverside. Cruisers are generally too cheap for the Riverside.

I'm so confused. Lol. If this were me, I would just meet everyone on the ship. Or if your that concerned with getting there together. All of you should meet at one hotel via cabs and then when you're all together, order three cabs. Las Olas and 17th street are really close and should be an inexpensive fare. I'd wouldn't even bother w cabs, uber is the way to travel in Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This.

Las Olas and 17th Street are very close to each other but Las Olas is a far superior area.

or have them cancel their reservations and join me at Riverside instead(which i tried and failed but will give it a go again).

Perhaps you could compromise and all stay at the Gallery One Doubletree or even the Bahia Mar Doubletree?

That way you have shopping, the Water Taxi and the beach.

Perhaps you could compromise and all stay at the Gallery One Doubletree or even the Bahia Mar Doubletree?

That way you have shopping, the Water Taxi and the beach.

Im 3 weeks out, rates are not as good as it was a month ago and besides Riverside accomodated to have my fam of 6 to stay in 1 room, definitely a good save right there, it'll be hard to let that go.

Im 3 weeks out, rates are not as good as it was a month ago and besides Riverside accomodated to have my fam of 6 to stay in 1 room, definitely a good save right there, it'll be hard to let that go.

6 people in one room with one bathroom?

It wouldn't be hard for me to let go of that at all.

6 people in one room with one bathroom?

It wouldn't be hard for me to let go of that at all.

4 of those are children, executive tower 2 queens + rollaway, i only caught a snippet of what the room looks like, and i think its 500 and change sq ft., almost the same size of the cabin i'll be staying on the ship and Royal can fit eight, so why not?

Ok before someone else figures it, Sorry i didn't give too much info.., Yes i have a fastpass to beat the lines, but that is my last resort, i thought its just gonna be a matter of minutes between standing in the newbie line with my ladies and the perks zone, apparently that may not be the case(shout out to Lido deck).. I'm willing to forego the fastpass just so to avoid an awkward scenario on embarkation day.

4 of those are children, executive tower 2 queens + rollaway, i only caught a snippet of what the room looks like, and i think its 500 and change sq ft., almost the same size of the cabin i'll be staying on the ship and Royal can fit eight, so why not?

Check to see if the Gallery One has a 2 BR/2 BA suite available.

Ok before someone else figures it, Sorry i didn't give too much info.., Yes i have a fastpass to beat the lines, but that is my last resort, i thought its just gonna be a matter of minutes between standing in the newbie line with my ladies and the perks zone, apparently that may not be the case(shout out to Lido deck).. I'm willing to forego the fastpass just so to avoid an awkward scenario on embarkation day.

Even with a fastpass you will still be standing in line (with all the other people who have fastpasses) if you arrive that early. It won't be for two hours, but you will still be standing in line.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the fastpass allows you to cut in the security line.

Even with a fastpass you will still be standing in line (with all the other people who have fastpasses) if you arrive that early. It won't be for two hours, but you will still be standing in line.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the fastpass allows you to cut in the security line.

Whatever happens to the "curbside at 10:50 am and having lunch at WindJammer at 11:10 am" reviews, and "Terminal 18 handles embarkation day like science"..Lol!

Whatever happens to the "curbside at 10:50 am and having lunch at WindJammer at 11:10 am" reviews, and "Terminal 18 handles embarkation day like science"..Lol!

You actually believe people are completely honest in those reviews and don't have a tendency to fudge the times a little?

You usually have to wait 10 minutes just to get an elevator to the Windjammer.

You actually believe people are completely honest in those reviews and don't have a tendency to fudge the times a little?

You usually have to wait 10 minutes just to get an elevator to the Windjammer.

One or two perhaps three, I chuckle, but it gets more than that especially if those posters have priority embarkation, I start to pay attention closely. So far from the numerous reviews I read, the average turn around time is 30 mins(give or take) if you get there by 10:30, but of course those reviews doesn't speak of what really happens behind the scenes and in most cases showcases the good side(and i'm speaking of embarkation)only. Could there be a designated elevators for guests who paid for the perks?

If you get to the port at 10:30 you are not going to be waiting in lines for 2 hours! Get there early, get on the ship early and start relaxing! Just because some people like to sleep in and get to the port later doesn't mean the rest of us are lying or "fudging" our timelines. Sure there can be delays that might make boarding a little later but that isn't the norm.

Embassy and Hyatt Place are across the street from each other. Pick one of those hotels as a meeting place at a certain time and then hop in some cabs. Easy Peasy. Actually what would be even easier is to just meet at the port at a certain time but I know you said you want to all arrive together.....

Embassy and Hyatt Place are across the street from each other. Pick one of those hotels as a meeting place at a certain time and then hop in some cabs. Easy Peasy. Actually what would be even easier is to just meet at the port at a certain time but I know you said you want to all arrive together.....

Change of plans, i'll send the group from 17th there early and we all just meet up at the Promenade.Would be nice to have a group pic on the terminal though...

If you get to the port at 10:30 you are not going to be waiting in lines for 2 hours! Get there early, get on the ship early and start relaxing! Just because some people like to sleep in and get to the port later doesn't mean the rest of us are lying or "fudging" our timelines. Sure there can be delays that might make boarding a little later but that isn't the norm.

Whether you are seated or standing you will still be waiting to get on the ship. They're not going to let anybody board until after they clear the ship from the previous cruise which is usually about 11:00-11:30 or later. And if you get there at 10:30 you won't be at the front of the line. So you will be waiting in a bland terminal instead of walking on the beach.

Change of plans, i'll send the group from 17th there early and we all just meet up at the Promenade.Would be nice to have a group pic on the terminal though...

Now if you had only listened to me 3 pages ago, we could have been done. Lol.

The embarkation photos are over rated. You stand in front of a vinyl banner. Take your group pic at a port, at least you're outside and there's some sort of action going on.

Now if you had only listened to me 3 pages ago, we could have been done. Lol.

The embarkation photos are over rated. You stand in front of a vinyl banner. Take your group pic at a port, at least you're outside and there's some sort of action going on.

Just wanna make sure you're referring to PE not POM this time..Lol!

Well seems like the ship is where its at. I figured the other group are all first timers so either they arrive early and wait OR arrive late and still wait(rite of passage for newbies). I'd rather have them go early and get a headstart.

Appreciate it, eventually i'll find that unicorn, i used to have a limo booked but it's $70 so i dropped it. We're booked at Riverside btw, my estimate on taxi from airport and to is around $20 per cab( i need 2) and the price i would be paying for hotel shuttle to PE is $25 minimum 3 people, then additional $8 pp.

We used the shuttle service provided by the Riverside Hotel's vendor and we were extremely happy with the promptness, price, service. We used it for hotel to airport. This was back in April. We would gladly use them again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now i'm confused..lol, members usually suggest 10-10:30 am to beat the crowds..

That's just too early, and if there are any delays in clearing the ship then you will really be waiting a long time. After Almost two-dozen cruises, we've found the ideal time to arrive is 11:00-11:30 OR 1:00-2:00.

We used the shuttle service provided by the Riverside Hotel's vendor and we were extremely happy with the promptness, price, service. We used it for hotel to airport. This was back in April. We would gladly use them again

and you got the private shuttle for $20 flat rate..How?

• 2 weeks later...
and you got the private shuttle for $20 flat rate..How?

The bellman at the Riverside arranged it all for us. It is a private company that they use, and I have no idea the name

Call the hotel and ask. They are really nice there

The bellman at the Riverside arranged it all for us. It is a private company that they use, and I have no idea the name

Call the hotel and ask. They are really nice there

Wondering if a call to the Riverside that they will indeed tell you the name....I'm not staying there but if it's a private company do you think this could be arranged with any hotel (Hyatt Place) ??

Wondering if a call to the Riverside that they will indeed tell you the name....I'm not staying there but if it's a private company do you think this could be arranged with any hotel (Hyatt Place) ??

Why not call the Hyatt to see who they suggest? :confused: