Experience in Getting Off the Ship Early in Vancouver

thepoint

Do you think it is possible to make an 11:30 flight out of Vancouver? We have carried our luggage off before, but it was a US port and we did not have to go through customs. Would it be possible to be at the Vancouver airport by 9:00? Can people actually get off the ship at 7:00 or 7:30? Thank you for your help.

Edited by thepoint
Posted before finished

We did it a number of years ago on the Century. Got off around 7 or 7:30. As mentioned above, traffic can be bad, so we took the train. We were at the airport about 30 minutes after getting on it. Only issue with the train is it is a bit of a walk to get to it.

It will be Friday, September 1, 2017. Labor Day weekend in the US, I am sure that it will not make a difference in Canada, but I though I would mention it.

It is Labour Day in Canada ALSO! Bus/transit will be on weekend/holiday schedules (not as frequent) however vehicle traffic will be lighter.

Labour Day is on Mon., Sept. 4th--not Fri., Sept. 1st.

Thank you, that is right, however it is the start of the "Labor Day Weekend." It is not unusual for people to take Friday off and make it a four day holiday weekend which changes the traffic flow. Sometimes for the better, but you never know.

They wrote labour day WEEKEND, not the actual day, I was referring to the day, which is also my bday, its the same day in both countries.

Wow, popular day. It is our 50th anniversary!

To the OP, if you are able to handle your own luggage, then you will be able to make the short walk to the Skytrain which will take you to the airport in 20 mins or so. Just make sure you get the train to the airport and not the Bridgeview one. As has been suggested, the schedule might be affected by the holiday weekend, but I would think Friday morning might be OK.

Another thing to do would be to look up how many ships are there on Fri Sept 1 when the schedule comes out.

Edited by TeaBag