Coins or tokens in laundry on Regatta?

nvgal

Have never used the machines. Is it tokens on the Riviera ? How much are they and how many do you need for wash and dry ? Thanks, Heather

They are tokens

$2 for a wash $2 for a dry

it will depend on how many loads you do

I find the lighter weight clothes will dry in the allotted time on the dryer

heavier things will take longer so another token may be needed

Forgot to mention the soap

on Regatta & probably the other R ships you have to push the button assigned to your washer number so the soap will be dispensed into the machine

Not sure on the O class ships now last time I used them you had to fill the measuring cup & pour into the soap dispenser on the machine

There is a very real cost in time and enjoyment when you take yourself away from the pleasures of the cruise to do laundry If you factor the cruise cost per day and figure 16 hours awake to enjoy that day you may find that spending an hour may be what you paid $40 to $50 for.

Waiting for machines, running back and forth consumes a lot of time..maybe close to 2 hours from the scouting to the returning stuff to your cabin. and add to that the token cost of $4 a load......

Worth considering that their is a hidden cost to your actions as Thoreau so well pointed out in 'Walden Pond"

On a recent 17 day sailing I insisted my wife send out our laundry... and it cost us with their weekly specials, about $50 a week..... So to me the laundry self service would not have saved one dime.... and cost far more in depriving us of the cruising experience.. You can always get more money, you can not get more time....cherish it.

There is a very real cost in time and enjoyment when you take yourself away from the pleasures of the cruise to do laundry If you factor the cruise cost per day and figure 16 hours awake to enjoy that day you may find that spending an hour may be what you paid $40 to $50 for.

You spend your money how you want

I will spend my time & money how I choose:rolleyes:

When you start paying my cruise fare you can dictate how I spend the money ...not that I would listen anyway

When you start paying my cruise fare you can dictate how I spend the money ...not that I would listen anyway

No one is dictating, you may not have gotten the subtile point of choice and options....sad for you

No one is dictating, you may not have gotten the subtile point of choice and options....sad for you

Well maybe it is you that has missed the point of personal CHOICE

From the number of people that use the laundry rooms on the ships clearly people are making a choice of what they prefer to do with their time & $

to each their own

I agree :).

Plus, I don't want my laundry washed with clothes from other passengers :eek:.

I agree :).

Plus, I don't want my laundry washed with clothes from other passengers :eek:.

Most things are washed in hot water also

So I prefer to spend MY time to do it the way I like it done ;)

Forgot to mention the soap

on Regatta & probably the other R ships you have to push the button assigned to your washer number so the soap will be dispensed into the machine

Not sure on the O class ships now last time I used them you had to fill the measuring cup & pour into the soap dispenser on the machine

O class is still the same, free liquid soap in a dispenser with set amount with the push of the button, into a cup and you put it into the washer slot. You are requested not to use any other soap due to environmental impact.