Carnival Breeze Review 9/25 Sailing

BrotherCraig

Disembarked the beautiful Carnival Breeze ship yesterday out of Galveston and it was an amazing cruise. The destinations were Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. We chose this routing because Roatan is our favorite port to visit. We had an Family Oceanview Cabin (1390) for the 5 of us. There were two toddlers (4, 2), grandma, and my wife and I. No FTTF pass this time but never really needed so it worked out this time around.

What did we do in the ports?

Cozumel - Nachi Cocom

Belize - mostly stayed on the ship to enjoy it. Went to port for an hour of shopping and some Belikin beer.

Roatan - Private Tour via Rony Tours. Went to the beautiful West Bay Beach (Bananarama), West End Village for some shopping, and Bodden Monkeys again.

I will give a quick review with some pictures included. Here is a picture of my kids and I - all loaded up and ready to go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=395449&d=1475519454

14446154_10154716439120312_1323546599984162814_n.jpg.cfc96d99aa776bda54d88b5bde907c32.jpg

Edited by BrotherCraig

My wife and I also just got off this same cruise. This was my wife's 1st cruise, my 3rd with Carnival. Really enjoyed it also, the only thing I feel that has changed since my last cruise was the breakfast is not as good as I remembered on Glory.

Can you tell me what side you docked on in the ports? Looking at this cruise and I like to book balconies on the side that faces the ports. We usually sail out of NOLA so I was just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might want to base your stateroom location on the trip down the river rather than worry about ports. Belize is a tender port. Cozumel has a multi ship dock. There is no way to know which side of the dock you will port. The only one that will make any difference will be Mahogany Bay. Since you will be in port most of the day it won't really matter. Now that long trip down the river would be a perfect time to enjoy your balcony.

My wife and I also just got off this same cruise. This was my wife's 1st cruise, my 3rd with Carnival. Really enjoyed it also, the only thing I feel that has changed since my last cruise was the breakfast is not as good as I remembered on Glory.

Yes, we felt the same way about the breakfast. We dined in the Dining Room and the food was not as good as it used to be.

Can you tell me what side you docked on in the ports? Looking at this cruise and I like to book balconies on the side that faces the ports. We usually sail out of NOLA so I was just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Cozumel, it was the Starboard. Belize was a tender port. Roatan - Port side.

How did your kiddos like the cruise? We're taking our 2 year old on Magic this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They loved it! They cruised on the Magic with us last year but enjoyed it much more this year. My 4 year old never wanted to leave the Camp Ocean. 2 year old didn't want to hang out there and stayed with us the whole time. Perfect cruise with the kids. There was a terrible 2 tantrum a couple of times in the Main Dining Room but that is normal for 2 year olds. Staff worked hard to make them happy and entertain them. Small kids get a lot of attention on Carnival and they do a great job with them.

Embarkation:

We parked at Lighthouse Parking again this year. Great price and convenient. The shuttle took us to the terminal. We arrived at the terminal at Noon and we missed our check-in window by an hour - which is okay. We did not have FTTF this time around, tried but no luck, and there was a long line outside to get in. Took about an hour to get through security and checked-in. At check-in, we were told our room was ready and we boarded. Everybody was very friendly and made the whole process painless.

Once on board, we went straight to our room. This was the first time we had a non-balcony room and I didn't think I was going to care for the room. Loved it! Lots of closets, drawers, and TWO bathrooms - one with a tub and sink and the other was shower, toilet, and sink. Plenty of room for the 5 of us. Two bathrooms was a big plus. The cases of water that we pre-ordered were there in the room - so was the traditional cake and decorations. We then met our room steward and he was excellent all through our vacation. Anybody who has to come in twice a day and clean a family room with small kids -- deserves a lot of praise. We kept our room pretty clean though but still. Two thumbs up !

We unpacked right away so we wouldn't have to worry about it later. Then it was the mandatory muster drill in the Main Dining Room - Blush. After all of that -- SAIL AWAY PARTY! That we missed. :( Again. We had to rush down to the room after the Muster Drill and the 2 year old was tired out so we hung out there as the ship left Galveston. After he woke up, we were off to explore the ship.

More to come...

With 2 kids 2 bathrooms come in very handy.

How long did muster take? Did you have to wait for people to show up?

Muster took around 20 minutes. Had to wait on some folks because they were on the wrong floor of the MDR but not their fault really. We were the first ones to arrive so it seemed like eternity. lol

Yes, we felt the same way about the breakfast. We dined in the Dining Room and the food was not as good as it used to be.

We were on the Breeze in August, and compared to our previous Magic cruises out of Galveston, have to agree about the breakfast. We went to the MDR for brunch the first day and that was the last day we went to the MDR for breakfast. It just was not good overall. And the few things that were okay (fruit), the portions were so small I would have had to order 10-12 servings to have a decent amount. I had a omelet...it was not good. The bread basket was not all that fresh. It took forever to get a glass of milk. And unfortunately the other couples at our table were not people we care to be around (one guy was on his third drink...and ordered a Bloody Mary just to keep then coming...).

• 3 months later...
We were on the Breeze in August, and compared to our previous Magic cruises out of Galveston, have to agree about the breakfast. We went to the MDR for brunch the first day and that was the last day we went to the MDR for breakfast. It just was not good overall. And the few things that were okay (fruit), the portions were so small I would have had to order 10-12 servings to have a decent amount. I had a omelet...it was not good. The bread basket was not all that fresh. It took forever to get a glass of milk. And unfortunately the other couples at our table were not people we care to be around (one guy was on his third drink...and ordered a Bloody Mary just to keep then coming...).

Will try it again in May when we do this same cruise again. No expectations. lol