Upgrading drinks package on board

Cat4158

We have the 'select' package for our cruise in three weeks. Has anyone upgraded from this to the new all inclusive package? If so what was the upgrade price?

Thanks in anticipation.

People have been reporting the upgrade charge of $10 per day plus 18%.

Just of the ship (jewel) on friday 30th sept and I can confirm that it is $10 plus 18% and I was able to upgrade at the dock side while waiting to board.

Did you upgrade at the check-in counter, or were there some crewmembers selling drink packages after you checked-in?

Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade on harmony of seas on a western med cruise in pound sterling? We have the select package free and wanted to upgrade to premium but looks as though it has been replaced with the deluxe package.

This is for my honeymoon on the 9th and is my first time cruising, it all seems a little confusing and not very transparent. I have tried to call and upgrade but they have said I have to upgrade once on board.

Cheers

Edited by Bum_toffee

Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade on harmony of seas on a western med cruise in pound sterling? We have the select package free and wanted to upgrade to premium but looks as though it has been replaced with the deluxe package.

This is for my honeymoon on the 9th and is my first time cruising, it all seems a little confusing and not very transparent. I have tried to call and upgrade but they have said I have to upgrade once on board.

Cheers

You cannot upgrade a "free" package (one that was part of a booking promo) pre-cruise. You can only upgrade onboard, at which time the cost will be in USD, namely $11.80 per day.

Did you upgrade at the check-in counter, or were there some crewmembers selling drink packages after you checked-in?

After the check-in desk there was an adjacent counter for purchasing and upgrading the drinks package- thus OBC could be used to do this. We just showed our passes and they said $10 +18% to upgrade - no issues :D

After the check-in desk there was an adjacent counter for purchasing and upgrading the drinks package- thus OBC could be used to do this. We just showed our passes and they said $10 +18% to upgrade - no issues :D

Thanks for the info. Seems to be the norm now to see crewmembers selling things in the terminal building before we even get on the ship.

Cheers

As has been said it will cost you $11.80 per day incl service charge. Onboard prices are in dollars so the sterling cost will be whatever the prevailing $\£ rate is at the time as charged by either the ship or by your card issuer if you choose to have the conversion carried out by your card issuer. You can opt for this when completing your online check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

When the packages changed I asked Royal to clarify how much the upgrade would cost & weather it could be done part way through a sailing.

I got two replies from two different people on the same day, the first confirming the $10 plus grats no mention of duration. The second also confirmed $10 etc but added that beverage packages could only be bought or upgraded either prior to the cruise or on the first day only.

I thought that Royal's faqs state that you can upgrade within four days of the cruise end.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Mark & Heather

Brilliance TA 17Oct 2016