BOGO on Independence ??? Only 2 choices??

jled

My experience with the Specialty Restaurants is that they are very flexible, especially if you go there often. Btw i went 3 times to Sabor a couple of weeks ago on the Freedom, and ended paying $51 total with my D+ bogo.The manager offered me 25% discount without asking him.

They have it offered on Navigator as well for $30...but I don't want to book the anything for the first night as usually there is so much going on I like to just see how the day/night goes that first.

Now it did say you can change your reservations once on board with a call, but I wonder if this is the case.

Has anyone booked it and then changed days and they still honored the deal?

We were able to book on a different night as long as we reserved it on the FIRST night. Is that not still the case? Things change moment to moment but we were on Freedom and booked Chops first night and were then allowed to book Giovanni's for night 3.

I purchased the day 1/2 BOGO on our Jewel cruise in February. I never thought of trying to use the day 2 part on another day. Is this doable? Has anyone had success in skipping day 2 so you could go to the MDR on the first formal night? Or is it you don't know till you ask?

I purchased the day 1/2 BOGO on our Jewel cruise in February. I never thought of trying to use the day 2 part on another day. Is this doable? Has anyone had success in skipping day 2 so you could go to the MDR on the first formal night? Or is it you don't know till you ask?

Each ship/sailing is different, cannot hurt to ask. I've read posts where folks have been able to change to other than day 2.

We just got back yesterday and have a few comments: first, they did NOT allow us to change the day of the BOGO, even though RCI said you could ask when you board. Secondly, the food in Giovanni's (as well as the service) was so poor that we asked for our money back. Olive Garden is better. I also spoke to others on the cruise and not one liked Giovanni's for the extra money, and about 50% said that Chops was decent...save your money.

I am sailing on the January 9, 2017 sailing on the Independence...I've cruised Royal many times but first time on Indy. The BOGO offer just showed up to book for dining. I purchased this on the Anthem back in June and it was a really nice deal. I was about to purchase it for the Independence and then I noticed that there are actually only two specialty restaurants. I am missing something??? Thanks...

I'm going on the same cruise. I bought this deal after I called them to understand it better. I was told the deal is only for the first 2 nights of the cruise . I can select the time I want to eat but they select which place we have dinner at. They did mention we'd eat at both places, they just couldn't promise which one first.

After reading that Giovanni's was a bit hit or miss on Indy and that they had discontinued the filet there on a recent cruise (my fiancée would eat steak every night if I let him!) we decided on Chops on the third night. The bogo is a great deal but the first night can be nuts and I think I want him to experience his first formal night in the MDR. Happy cruising!

With regard to formal night dining, on US based cruises of 5 days or longer, they normally offer "free" lobster.

I knew that already, but was glad you reminded me! We will be on the Indy for a 5 night cruise in Feb; which night is it offered?

I knew that already, but was glad you reminded me! We will be on the Indy for a 5 night cruise in Feb; which night is it offered?

Lobster is on the "Jasmine" menu. The menu order varies by itinerary. If you post the itinerary, someone here may know what night Jasmine is served.

• 2 weeks later...

We went on Indy in Nov and did the BOGO deal. Honestly we we're not that happy with the food at either restaurants I'm not sure if it had anything to do with large party. Izumi is al cart on Indy and is not worth the price. We are going back in 2 weeks and wanted to give another BOGO deal since it will only be 3 of us and the deal is gone. We might just do Chops since it's one of our favorites. On our previous cruises we loved all of the specialty restaurants. Also main dinning on Indy is also pretty good and we had great service.

• 4 months later...

Wanted to report back from Dec cruise. Chops was good food but long slow service.

Giovanni's we didn't like at all, and we were a big group trying everything. The teens went to the buffet afterwards (or tried, I think it was closed and they ended up ordering room service). Service was good.

We did BOGO, want to say prices at the time were 35 for Chops and 25 or 30 for Giovanni's; does that sound right for most ships?

I notice it is 21 now for dinner on Indy, seems to be regular price. Could they be experimenting with a lesser quality Giovanni's on Indy for a lower price? Or lowering the price to get pax to book it?

If do BOGO again on Indy, I'd want Chops twice.

This ship could use a switch to Jamie's next renovation.