upsell offers and obc

sunsetme

It has been my experience that you get to keep the perks if you accept an upsell. You lose them if you are upgrading yourself by re-faring to take advantage of a price drop.

Upsell and paid upgrade are the same thing. Free upgrade, obviously, you still keep perks.

Edited by Babr

if you take an upsell offer, do you lose your obc for the original cabin??

We received probably the same offer (obstructed view to Balcony) but declined. To us it was not worth the difference. We are on the same cruise as you.

Theo

I realized I received an upgrade offer, not upsell, but I still have to pay for it, doesn't that make it an upsell offer??

Yes, if paying for an upgrade that's an upsell.

Could actually increase, as some are based on cabin type. Depends on the particular obc and upsell.

Whenever we have received an upsell offer the benefits were based on the cabin originally booked & not on the higher type of cabin. We accepted an upsell from an inside to a balcony but our FCD credit was based on an inside cabin. Both my TA & Princess confirmed that upsells do not get additional OBC. It's probably the same thing for all other types of OBC such as those included in promotions.

I've never had a full suite upsell but have read posts from passengers who did not receive an extra cruise credit because they had an upsell.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've never had a full suite upsell but have read posts from passengers who did not receive an extra cruise credit because they had an upsell.

We did once and did receive the second credit.

Whenever we have received an upsell offer the benefits were based on the cabin originally booked & not on the higher type of cabin. We accepted an upsell from an inside to a balcony but our FCD credit was based on an inside cabin. Both my TA & Princess confirmed that upsells do not get additional OBC. It's probably the same thing for all other types of OBC such as those included in promotions.

We got double cruise credits after an upsell. We did have to call, but we got them.

Free upgrade, no second cruise credit, but with an upsell you will get a second cruise credit but you may need to contact Princess after your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could actually increase, as some are based on cabin type. Depends on the particular obc and upsell.

No, that is not true per Princess rep. that handles the upsells. I went from a OV cabin to a balcony cabin and I asked her about the increased OBC. She told me that you keep the original perks, etc. that you had originally, but do not get upgraded perks. So cabin type for perks are based on what you originally booked, not what you upsell to. But I tried!!!!! Grin.

Pooh