Would NCL offer you the option to cancel if rerouted from Bermuda to Canada?

jmae2002

Did you read the last paragraph of post #1?

In that paragraph The op is asking what happens when the CRUISELINE cancels not if he decided to not go or if there is a new itin

My posts have been directed at specifically answering the last paragraph of post #1 and have been correct

Full refund from the CRUISELINE regardless of if the pax purchased insurance or not and regardless of wether the pax paid for an upgrade or not

CRUISELINE cancels. Pax gets full refund

Of course CRUISELINE rarely cancels so cancel for any reason kicks in if the pax chooses to cancel for the heck of it...as in not liking the new itin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please let me know where in the below copied exactly from the the original post it says anything about the cruise line cancelling?

Building on a thread about the (slim) possibility of the Oct 9th cruise being rerouted to Canada due to Matthew and Nicole - would NCL ever offer the option to cancel to its passengers (like Disney just did for the Magic on Oct 7th that got rerouted to Canada)?

As an extension to this.......we paid for an upsell to the Haven (which almost doubled our cruise fare). If they were to allow cancellations/refunds - is this amount ever refundable?

Did you read the last paragraph of post #1?

In that paragraph The op is asking what happens when the CRUISELINE cancels not if he decided to not go or if there is a new itin

My posts have been directed at specifically answering the last paragraph of post #1 and have been correct

Full refund from the CRUISELINE regardless of if the pax purchased insurance or not and regardless of wether the pax paid for an upgrade or not

CRUISELINE cancels. Pax gets full refund

Of course CRUISELINE rarely cancels so cancel for any reason kicks in if the pax chooses to cancel for the heck of it...as in not liking the new itin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

are we reading the same thread? It says nothing about the cruise line cancelling, nada, zip, zero

Other than threads going awry, I'm sure there will be some things going awry after the storm and how the various cruise lines handled the situation in terms of compensation and cancellation. Back in 2011 there was variation with how the lines handled it and some lines were quite generous and others not so much in either compensation for lost days or being able to cancel if their trip was going to be shorter.

Folks who were on the lines being "less generous" pointed out how xx line was doing x, y, z and they were getting nothing or little. Some lines did soften up in cases.

All of the cruises that were mentioned here were 3-day cruises. I think it is very unlikely a 7-day cruise would be cancelled, even if it were to be shortened.

For a time I was booked on the Epic's first cruise out of drydock, from Southampton to Barcelona. When the drydock was extended, just after the final payment deadline, passengers were offered a full refund PLUS a credit for a future cruise. Sadly, I cancelled just before final payment and missed out on the incentive.

It is unlikely NCL would grant a refund if the itinerary were changed but there is a precedent for it.

Riy

Thank-you very much for your response....this whole thread had gone awry ;). I was just wondering what NCL had done in the past in similar circumstances (I understand I don't have a legal leg to stand on).

I'm sure it would be lovely, but coming from Canada...and heading down to NYC just to come back by ship isn't my ideal - lol! I think I'll pack an extra "warm" suitcase - just in case!!

I am located in Canada too. As much as another east coast trip wouldn't be as good as Bermuda, if Bermuda is wrecked it might be the only option. I am a pool and beach sitter myself. If you go to Canada you could buy the spa pass to ensure some quiet pool time. The advantage for you would be being able to spend CAD. Whatever happens, have a blast.

To recap: NCL is amongst the worse for compensation and cancellation when things go awry (like this forum). But they are among the best when it comes to the Haven perks.

BA leaving Bermuda 2 hours early. DCL Fantasy current sailing extended one day, Sat trip now leaving Sunday so one less day. DCL prorate refund or can cancel Fantasy shortened trip.

Escape skipping Nassau. NCL site last updated yesterday.

Edited by dexddd

Carnival just rerouted from Florida/Bahamas to Canada and offered its customers the ability to get a full refund or to go ahead with the cruise and get an onboard credit and 25% off future cruise credit......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2410239

Ok.

NCL usually doesn't ever cancel. And will exercise its rights to change the itinerary for passenger safety. For example, the Sky is currently heading into the port of Miami to operate its 3 day weekend cruise and will operate its escape out of Miami this weekend.

The sky will operate a western Carib vs eastern Carib this week, this weekend, and next week. Be on the cruise or cancel in accordance with your insurance policy.

Edited by BirdTravels