Weather update from Carnival

cruzin Phillis

Oh goodness, just saw pics of flooding in downtown Charleston - so so sad. Port is closed and Ecstasy won't return until tomorrow... guess there will be some passengers with flooded out cars when they return. We were there (not cruise related) earlier this week and I did notice that the big cruise passenger parking lot near the ship was not being used (or if it was, there wasn't many cars in it when I went by), so maybe the Port Authority, knowing that a hurricane was on the way, had most passengers park elsewhere. But there were cars parked in the parking lot directly in front of the cruise terminal, handicapped section perhaps? Ohh so sad....

Oh goodness, just saw pics of flooding in downtown Charleston - so so sad. Port is closed and Ecstasy won't return until tomorrow... guess there will be some passengers with flooded out cars when they return. We were there (not cruise related) earlier this week and I did notice that the big cruise passenger parking lot near the ship was not being used (or if it was, there wasn't many cars in it when I went by), so maybe the Port Authority, knowing that a hurricane was on the way, had most passengers park elsewhere. But there were cars parked in the parking lot directly in front of the cruise terminal, handicapped section perhaps? Ohh so sad....

A lot of cruiser's vehicles were lost in Galveston during Ike. What a mess.

Edited by Thorncroft

far from a troll

tried you complaining about a cruise

get insurance

My guess is this is a company troll. I have zero clue why someone would come on a cruise blog and scold people for talking about cruising. or in our case, maybe not cruising...

AMEN.

Thank your for the post

I dont know how many times you are going to say the same thing over and over again. If the port is open. Your cruise is on. The company ha a responsibility to provide the product to the people ant to go on THEIR vacation. It is not just about YOU. If you sdidnt buy insurance. That is on you. I cruise next weekend when the hurricane is supposed to be back over Miami again. If my flight is cancelled I will drive from Washington DC to Miami to go on the cruise. You might want to get into your car right now and drive on down.

My guess is this is a company troll. I have zero clue why someone would come on a cruise blog and scold people for talking about cruising. or in our case, maybe not cruising...

LOL. So with all the craziness of rearranging cruises and thousands of people affected, Carnival's first thought is to come to CC and post here. SMH

AMEN.

Thank your for the post

I dont know how many times you are going to say the same thing over and over again. If the port is open. Your cruise is on. The company ha a responsibility to provide the product to the people ant to go on THEIR vacation. It is not just about YOU. If you sdidnt buy insurance. That is on you. I cruise next weekend when the hurricane is supposed to be back over Miami again. If my flight is cancelled I will drive from Washington DC to Miami to go on the cruise. You might want to get into your car right now and drive on down.

HURRICANE MATTHEW

HURRICANE MATTHEW

Weather Update – 10/08/16 – 7:00 PM (EST)

We continue to closely monitor the storm system and projected path of Hurricane Matthew and Tropical Storm Nicole which has now developed in the Atlantic.

Carnival Ecstasy – 10/8/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has passed the Port of Charleston area. Once conditions become safe, port officials will begin their assessment and make a determination of when the port is safe to reopen. We will remain in close contact with them regarding their plans to reopen and will provide you an update as soon as we have more definitive information.

It is now clear that we will not be able to operate this cruise until Monday at the earliest, contingent on the port opening by then. Due to this information, we will now operate a 5-day cruise with an overnight visit to Nassau.

Given the shortened duration, guests who sail with us will be given a two-day pro-rated refund of your cruise fare and any pre-purchased shore excursions for cancelled ports processed within 3 weeks to the original form of payment. Gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shorter cruise. Additionally, we will be posting a 100.00 USD per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign account for your enjoyment. We would also like to invite you on another 2-7 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 50% cruise discount* to your next reservation.

We certainly understand the impact this unexpected change has on your travel plans. Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL.

We will provide you with another update after 6:00 PM on Sunday.

Carnival Elation – 10/8/16 departure

The Port of Jacksonville remains closed. However, we anticipate it will be open for marine traffic in the morning. Carnival Elation will anchor outside of the pilot station and will proceed alongside as soon as the port reopens.

Once we receive clearance from the port authorities, we expect to arrive on Sunday to operate a 4 day cruise to Nassau.

Guests who opt to sail on the shortened voyage will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one day of their cruise fare as well as pre-purchased shore excursions for Freeport. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks. Also, gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shortened cruise.

Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL.

We will stay in close contact with port officials and will provide you an update after 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Carnival Conquest - 10/9/16 departure

The Carnival Conquest cruise will depart on Oct. 9. Itinerary details will be confirmed once officials have completed their assessment of Half Moon Cay. An update will be provided after boarding.

Carnival Pride – 10/9/16 departure

Due to the current forecast track of Hurricane Matthew, it is not safe for us to navigate south. Therefore, in order to steer clear of the storm’s path and ensure our guests’ comfort and safety, we will now operate a seven-day cruise with calls in Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, as well as any difference in government fees and taxes, will be automatically refunded to guest’s Sail & Sign accounts. Information about shore excursions in Saint John and Halifax will be available once guests are on board. Those guests who opt to sail on the modified itinerary will receive a 100.00 USD per person credit to their onboard Sail & Sign accounts. Additionally, guests will receive a 25 percent future cruise discount off a two to seven-day voyage.

Guests scheduled on this voyage who wish to cancel may do so and receive a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

Carnival Victory – 10/9/16 departure

Port Canaveral has reopened. Therefore, we plan to operate tomorrow’s Carnival Victory cruise with an overnight call in Nassau.

Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM at Terminal 5. We will arrive in Nassau on Monday at 12:00 PM and depart on Tuesday at 2:30 PM

After Bahamian authorities’ post-storm assessments, we are sorry that we cannot call on Freeport as the island is not ready to support our visit there. You will receive a refund for any pre-paid shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses for Freeport.

We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience the storm is causing and thank you for your understanding.

Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruzin Phillis

LOL. So with all the craziness of rearranging cruises and thousands of people affected, Carnival's first thought is to come to CC and post here. SMH

I don't understand your post. When did Carnival post info here?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't understand your post. When did Carnival post info here?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think one was a response to another. Kathy should have used a smilie to emphasize her point to say it was crazy for someone else to hint Carnival took time to post here.

I think one was a response to another. Kathy should have used a smilie to emphasize her point to say it was crazy for someone else to hint Carnival took time to post here.

Still understanding the policy of when it is right to use these smiling faces. Old lady new tricks scenario. Now maybe ?:)

Still understanding the policy of when it is right to use these smiling faces. Old lady new tricks scenario. Now maybe ?:)

Use them at any point of a post. It sometimes gives more meaning to a post. Remember something meant to be a joke or serious can't be deciphered from just words that show no emotion.:D

HURRICANE MATTHEW

Weather Update – 10/09/16 – 9:00 AM (EST)

We continue to closely monitor the storm system and projected path of what is now post tropical cyclone Matthew and Tropical Storm Nicole.

Carnival Ecstasy – 10/8/16

It is now clear that we will not be able to operate this cruise until Monday at the earliest, contingent on the port opening by then. Due to this information, we will now operate a 5-day cruise with an overnight visit to Nassau.

Given the shortened duration, guests who sail with us will be given a two-day pro-rated refund of your cruise fare and any pre-purchased shore excursions for cancelled ports processed within 3 weeks to the original form of payment. Gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shorter cruise. Additionally, we will be posting a 100.00 USD per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign account for your enjoyment. We would also like to invite you on another 2-7 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 50% cruise discount* to your next reservation.

We certainly understand the impact this unexpected change has on your travel plans. Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks

We will provide you with another update after 6:00 PM on Sunday.

Carnival Elation – 10/8/16 departure (Now 10/9 departure)

The Port of Jacksonville has reopened and the Carnival Elation is now docked alongside.

Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled for 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM and we will sail shortly thereafter. As previously indicated we will operate a 4 day cruise to Nassau.

Guests who opt to sail on the shortened voyage will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one day of their cruise fare as well as pre-purchased shore excursions for Freeport. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks. Also, gratuities will be adjusted to reflect a 4 day cruise.

Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

Carnival Conquest - 10/9/16 departure

The Carnival Conquest cruise will depart on Oct. 9. Unfortunately, after post-storm assessments, we are sorry that we cannot call on Half Moon Cay as the island is not ready to support our visit there. You will receive a refund for any pre-paid shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses for Half Moon Cay. The remainder of our itinerary remains as scheduled.

Carnival Pride – 10/9/16 departure

Due to the current forecast track of Hurricane Matthew, it is not safe for us to navigate south. Therefore, in order to steer clear of the storm’s path and ensure our guests’ comfort and safety, we will now operate a seven-day cruise with calls in Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, as well as any difference in government fees and taxes, will be automatically refunded to guest’s Sail & Sign accounts. Information about shore excursions in Saint John and Halifax will be available once guests are on board. Those guests who opt to sail on the modified itinerary will receive a 100.00 USD per person credit to their onboard Sail & Sign accounts. Additionally, guests will receive a 25 percent future cruise discount off a two to seven-day voyage.

Guests scheduled on this voyage who wish to cancel may do so and receive a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

Carnival Victory – 10/9/16 departure

Port Canaveral has reopened. Therefore, we plan to operate today’s Carnival Victory cruise with an overnight call in Nassau.

Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM at Terminal 5. We will arrive in Nassau on Monday at 12:00 PM and depart on Tuesday at 4:00 PM.

After Bahamian authorities’ post-storm assessments, we are sorry that we cannot call on Freeport as the island is not ready to support our visit there. You will receive a refund for any pre-paid shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses for Freeport.

We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience the storm is causing and thank you for your understanding.

Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below

Carnival Ecstasy – 10/8/16 departure (Now 10/10 departure)

The Port of Charleston remains closed. However, we anticipate it will be open for marine traffic in the morning. Carnival Ecstasy will anchor outside of the pilot station and will proceed alongside as soon as the port reopens.

We certainly understand the impact this unexpected change has on your travel plans. Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks

We will stay in close contact with port officials and will provide you an update after 10:00 AM tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Did Carnival ever respond ??