Pre-Night Stay

wally8

I decided to use Princess for a one night pre cruise stay instead of on my own. Primarily because I am flying into MIA and sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. The price included transfers from airport to hotel and the total price seemed to be better than I could find. This is in Feb so hotel prices were high. My question is, has anyone used their transfers from MIA to a Fort Lauderdale hotel? Thanks,

Bob fr TX

I haven't used Princess transfers, but are you sure Princess has booked you into a Ft. Lauderdale hotel? What I have read on this site is that passengers that fly into Miami and stay overnight using a Princess hotel package stay at a hotel in Miami, and are transferred to the ship on boarding day. In any case if you book a hotel package with Princess they will get you to the hotel and to the ship. Assume you are aware that hotel prices quoted by Princess are per person, while hotel prices quoted on hotel sites are per room. Princess prices are usually higher for a one night stay.

Edited by sknight

I haven't used those specific transfers but every other time I've booked a pre-cruise hotel or transfer, the Princess rep met me either at the bottom of the escalator to baggage claim or at baggage claim itself. There might even be two reps, one at each location. They will check you off their list and tell you where to wait or go. Sometimes, they have porters available to take luggage directly from the baggage claim carousel; more often, you'll wheel your bag to the bus. It can be very slow with long waits as they fill the bus with passengers on later flights and/or at other terminals. That's the biggest negative.

Hi the 2 times we used Princess pre night we were met by the car service agent in or near baggage claim. He had our names on a sign and held something with a princess logo on it next to it. He helped get our bags off the carousel and took us to his car. 1st time it was just us, 2nd time is was us and 2 friends...both times we were in a private car taken to the hotel. At the hotel is where we met the rep. One time we just received the letter from princess telling us when to have luggage ready and when to be in the lobby and didn't actually see anyone from princess til the day we met in the lobby. Then on return they took us from ship to the airport we designated we were flying out of. They take real good care of you. We do it when we want to feel pampered for that trip but not all the time as above posters have commented usually we can find hotels on our own pretty cheap compared to Princess, so just use theirs when we are celebrating. :D

Sknight,

The price for the hotel, B Ocean Resort, in Fort Lauderdale included transfers from either MIA or FLL and the total was less than what I could find so it seemed to be a good deal as long as we don't have to wait hours to fill up the bus. Thanks for your concern.

Bob fr TX

The trip from the Miami airport to the Fort Lauderdale hotel was included in the price so that is what made the deal. Not sure why they stated that the price was the same regardless of which airport you arrived yet it made it an easy decision.

Bob fm Tx

Sknight,

The price for the hotel, B Ocean Resort, in Fort Lauderdale included transfers from either MIA or FLL and the total was less than what I could find so it seemed to be a good deal as long as we don't have to wait hours to fill up the bus. Thanks for your concern.

Bob fr TX

I have stayed there (thru Princess) a number of times, starting over 10 years ago when it was a Sheraton, and once a couple of years ago after it became the B Ocean Resort. Nice place, nice beach and pool. Comfortable rooms.

A fun casual place to eat within a couple of blocks, right on the Intracoastal waterway, is at the Bahia Cabana. The hotel concierge can provide directions if needed. Friends and I enjoy sitting out on the deck overlooking the waterway. The food has always been good, as well as the service, and the prices are reasonable considering the location.

Sknight,

Bob fr TX

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Be aware that transfers from hotel to ship can be later in the day - they seem to use the buses for airport transfers first. If you decide you want to go earlier you should be able to drop your luggage with the Princess contact in the lobby and take a cab to the port. We've done this several times when transfers were getting delayed to 2 PM or later. Not worth doing if hotel is in Miami, but cab fare to Port Everglades from Ft Lauderdale hotel is generally under $20 even if you have a hotel at the far end of town.