Live reports, blogging etiquette?

rakkor

We are about to embark on the 17 night Greek Islands cruise, today, sailing on the Queen Elizabeth and I've decided to keep a blog of our holiday. Assuming I don't lose interest in trying to type this out on my tablet, I was wondering what the approved format of posting my daily extracts here is.

A single topic might get a bit rambling when covering so many days so I thought, either daily or multiples of daily might be better?

I was also wondering what content I should include? The blog will have daily menus and daily programmes posted as PDFs, but beyond that and my musings I can't think of much to add.

The blog is a personal one, no commercial interests, or adverts and can be found at https://blog.rakkor.uk. This is my first attempt at blogging, and I've found the whole exercise to be a nice, but very technical challenge. So please be kind [emoji4]

https://blog.rakkor.uk [emoji572]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by rakkor
error in url

Your blog looks great. Keeping up a "Live" thread here on Cruise Critic and publishing a blog can eat up the internet minutes. Most people who do both (at least the ones I have read) put the same text in both (cut and paste) but don't post the programmes, menus, etc. here.

I write a blog but have never done a "Live" thread by myself. When I have contributed to a roll call "Live" thread, I usually do not include the pictures that I post on my blog (even resized pictures can take a long time to upload).

How often you post is totally up to you. You may find that some days you can't post (too tired, no internet service, etc.).

When I did my first blog I wasn't really sure about the whole thing. Turns out I got hooked on writing a blog and when I get home I miss doing the entries.:D

Good luck on your blog and have a great cruise on my favorite ship!

One suggestion if you want to carry content over to Cruise Critic. I see you are using Wordpress, and one of the nice things about them is they have predictable naming of attachments. For example, your header for the menus page is:

https://blog.rakkor.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/cropped-cocktails.jpg

All the photos, menus, and programs you post will have a title somewhat like this, presumably with "2016/09" often replaced by "2016/10". These links, if you have the time to use them, can be carried over to Cruise Critic, either as links or pasted into the image format.

Have a wonderful cruise. I'll be following you in just over a month.

Roy