Escape- Mandara Spa Thermal Suite

catemo_x

Hello all! My apologies if this has been discussed before...but I was wondering if anyone had used the thermal suite in the Mandara Spa on NCL Escape and what they thought of it? My husband and I had a spa category room on our last cruise (Carnival Splendor) and we used the thalassotherapy pool and steam rooms every single day of our cruise...it was such a treat. It seems to me that NCL does charge a LOT more than Carnival for a similar cruise-length pass for their thermal suite so I'm just wondering... is it worth the added expense in your opinion? Also, does anyone know if I can pre-purchase a package online or do I have to do so on board? Thanks everyone!

Haven't cruised with them yet, going in November but I have already purchased my spa pass for the week for $199. It is currently $219 onboard.

I am shooting for Vibe but if I don't get those, the spa is my backup for a hiding place onboard. Everyone knows the pool is a nightmare and super crowded so imo, I needed the spa pass for a quiet place. Plus, it looks pretty cool.

Haven't cruised with them yet, going in November but I have already purchased my spa pass for the week for $199. It is currently $219 onboard.

I am shooting for Vibe but if I don't get those, the spa is my backup for a hiding place onboard. Everyone knows the pool is a nightmare and super crowded so imo, I needed the spa pass for a quiet place. Plus, it looks pretty cool.

Thanks! I guess maybe it isn't available online for me yet because we are not cruising until May of next year 😊 I feel the same about needing a quiet place to hang out...the Escape seems super busy all the time! Enjoy your cruise and thanks again!

Hello all! My apologies if this has been discussed before...but I was wondering if anyone had used the thermal suite in the Mandara Spa on NCL Escape and what they thought of it? My husband and I had a spa category room on our last cruise (Carnival Splendor) and we used the thalassotherapy pool and steam rooms every single day of our cruise...it was such a treat. It seems to me that NCL does charge a LOT more than Carnival for a similar cruise-length pass for their thermal suite so I'm just wondering... is it worth the added expense in your opinion? Also, does anyone know if I can pre-purchase a package online or do I have to do so on board? Thanks everyone!

The thermal suite on the Escape is wonderful. We've been on the Escape twice and had a spa package each time. Wet Sauna, Dry Sauna, Steam Room, Snow Room, Salt Bath, Hydro Therapy Pool, Jacuzzi, hot stone loungers (that wrap around the bow of the ship with beautiful 200 degree views forward.

Escape_Spa_1.jpgEscape_Spa_2.jpgEscape_Spa_3.jpgEscape_Spa_4.jpgEscape_Spa_5.jpgEscape_Spa_6.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

It is totally up to you! On our Getaway cruise we had a spa balcony. My husband loved the spa, but I found it boring and uncomfortable. We decided on the next cruise we will not pay the extra for a spa room, but we will buy a pass for my husband. He used it daily!

Just back from the Escape.

The Hydrotherapy pool is awesome. The water fountain flow on your shoulders/back amazing. Steady yourself it WILL push you with the force.

Vibe Yes,Yes,Yes! Was exactly what we expected and wanted. You are in your own little world.

Here are the benefits

Cushioned Loungers

Hot Tub

Misting Station

Restrooms

Cold wash cloths

Fresh fruit daily

Cookies late afternoon

2 Great Bartenders ( Romel and Roberto)

Shot :30 begins around 3

Carafe's of Water infused with fruit

Limited # of people

Never once was there not a lounger to be had.

Umbrella 's for shade

16 person bar

We all became like family and had a blast. Would do again in a hearbeat!

We have the thermal spa booked for our first NCL trip on the Epic coming up. We can't wait! We are happy that it is co-ed so we can enjoy it together. Is it co-ed on the Escape? I recall someone at NCL telling me that not all ships were co-ed.

The escape is all coed.

The Epic has single sex saunas and steam rooms in the men's and women's lockers in addition to the coed saunas and steamrooms in the main thermal suites. The saunas on the epic are great because they have large picture windows.

The spas on the small ships usually have single sex saunas and steam rooms with small coed relaxation areas.

The escape is all coed.

The Epic has single sex saunas and steam rooms in the men's and women's lockers in addition to the coed saunas and steamrooms in the main thermal suites. The saunas on the epic are great because they have large picture windows.

The spas on the small ships usually have single sex saunas and steam rooms with small coed relaxation areas.

Thank you for the information! I don't want to highjack the thread, but is thermal spa on Breakaway co-ed? We plan to sail on her and the Escape next.

PS I love the pictures you posted!

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

Thank you for the information! I don't want to highjack the thread, but is thermal spa on Breakaway co-ed? We plan to sail on her and the Escape next.

PS I love the pictures you posted!

Yes. The BA, GA, and Escape are exclusively coed. The locker rooms are only changing.

the saunas on the BA and GA are on the interior (no windows). The Escape went back to having exterior windows in the saunas.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm glad to hear that everyone has had a positive experience. We will definitely be purchasing a spa package on Escape, as using the thermal suites on our most recent cruise was sooooo relaxing and a great way to get some quiet time on a ship full of people (especially on a sea day!)

So my next question is: at what point is it available to purchase online? We are 209 days out so I'm guessing they won't make it available until much closer to our sailing. Does anyone know how far out NCL publishes the online sale for the spa package? Of course I'd like to pre-purchase since it is a little less expensive!:)

it's available 90 days out if you're in a regular room and i think 100 days out for haven.

the day passes are occasionally available apparently, but the ladies at the spa desk told me they almost never have them for sale because the week long passes sell out.

i've done the spa pass on the Carnival Breeze and loved it... this is much larger space-wise, but also more money.

i toured the spa on the Getaway and it looked beautiful but there was an old couple engaged in *ahem* naughty behaviour in the pool that turned me off buying the pass, lol. it was quite the sight and the lady showing me around looked very embarrassed.

the facilities themselves were lovely, but it sucks that even when you do a $$$ treatment you can't even visit there like you can with Princess and other lines.

it's available 90 days out if you're in a regular room and i think 100 days out for haven.

Thank you! I figured it was something like that. I know I will be logging in at the 90-day mark to make sure I get our passes! And hopefully I will not witness any "funny business" at the spa! 😂 Some people!

Thank you! I figured it was something like that. I know I will be logging in at the 90-day mark to make sure I get our passes! And hopefully I will not witness any "funny business" at the spa! 😂 Some people!

It showed up at 100 for my balcony room on the Escape-we had already upgraded to a spa balcony so it didn't matter, but you might want to check at 100 days.

The thermal spa on the escape was wonderful. Only once was it crowded enough that my hubby and I could not sit near each other. It seemed some.people were there for hours based on how relaxed they looked...lol. within 15 min of arriving we were able to be together

• 3 months later...

We're cruising next Janaury on the Carnival Magic. We noticed Carnival is offering $20 odd the Thermal Spa week pass. We're having trouble pre purchasing it. We can't seem to find the option in the spa list online, and when we called requesting it be added to our cruise, 3 reps were unable to help us.

Any suggestions on how to purchase this before the cruise?

We're cruising next Janaury on the Carnival Magic. We noticed Carnival is offering $20 odd the Thermal Spa week pass. We're having trouble pre purchasing it. We can't seem to find the option in the spa list online, and when we called requesting it be added to our cruise, 3 reps were unable to help us.

Any suggestions on how to purchase this before the cruise?

This particular thread is regarding the Norwegian Escape and you are apparently traveling on Carnival. However, for NCL, the spa pass option is not available for purchase until 90 days before sailing, so Carnival may have a similar policy.