Constellation Sept 19,2016 Reunion Cruise

garda

Hi! Yes we had gifts in our rooms almost every evening! Champagne, flowers, back packs, mouse pad with picture of Rialto, cutting board.... Yes there were many events and parties during the ten days, but due to port intensive European port!!! Lol... We did make it to all the events! The officers, as common practice with Celebrity were all engaging with passengers. Lee Moreau was also extremely approachable! Highlight was, for me, our Excursion in Livorno. The captain and all the officers welcomed us on way to the bus. We also had the red carpet!!!! Being Italian, being in Tuscany, being at an Opera House was extremely emotional and a most memorable experience. Oh... We also had fireworks prior to sail away from Livorno... It was a great cruise and the officers and crew made it memorable!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi jollyjoyce! Sorry you feel that way. I have always had a great cruise experience on Celebrity!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry Garda, I did not mean to imply that we had not enjoyed our Celebrity cruises...we loved them....but we sure never had the "extras" that you mention in your post...and to be honest, never expected them...so, what you got is wishful thinking for me!

Glad you had a great cruise.

We are on Constellation in December and expect a great cruise....now with a little higher expectation!

Joyce

I agree with Garda, the reunion cruise is special for a reason. We went on the 1 in Alaska last year and liked it so much that we booked then for the reunion cruise this year in Venice. We are Elite Plus and love X, but the Reunion Cruise is a unique experience which makes it a bit more memorable. Also, Lee Moreau woks very hard for the extras for CC and it is so encouraging that she REALLY cares about the loyalty benefits. She held a Q&A one day where she gracefully fielded many questions and was able to give info I had not heard or read before. Part of that info was that she is the first person to hold the position she does....and she earned points to become Elite as a passenger before she was an employee. That was meaningful to me as it indicates she understands by experience both sides of a decision rather than having it be heresay. She was responsible for inviting a guest entertainer Ana Rucner from Croatia to perform onboard. Ana was an incredible performer and a lasting memory of the cruise and Croatia. And I'm a softy....i do love the little goodies in the room at the end of the day.:)

I agree with Garda, the reunion cruise is special for a reason. We went on the 1 in Alaska last year and liked it so much that we booked then for the reunion cruise this year in Venice. We are Elite Plus and love X, but the Reunion Cruise is a unique experience which makes it a bit more memorable. Also, Lee Moreau woks very hard for the extras for CC and it is so encouraging that she REALLY cares about the loyalty benefits. She held a Q&A one day where she gracefully fielded many questions and was able to give info I had not heard or read before. Part of that info was that she is the first person to hold the position she does....and she earned points to become Elite as a passenger before she was an employee. That was meaningful to me as it indicates she understands by experience both sides of a decision rather than having it be heresay. She was responsible for inviting a guest entertainer Ana Rucner from Croatia to perform onboard. Ana was an incredible performer and a lasting memory of the cruise and Croatia. And I'm a softy....i do love the little goodies in the room at the end of the day.:)

Did she make any comments about potential benefits changes - especially at the Zenith level? Thanks.

Lee did not comment on that though the question was not asked. What she did say that is that she sits in on meetings of various departments and fights for benefits to be preserved or increased. As for Zenith, their were only 2 cruisers that qualifies on that level I believe. Last year I was aware there surely more more than that. I was a bit surprised this year as to how they handled the excursions. Last year they had 1 offering which I thought was memorable and well handled. This year they sent an email which I initially misread inviting us to 3 excursions Lee was hosting but we're not complimentary. The 3rd one which was a concert the last night in Croatia, showed up in the excursion printout and actually had 2 price points...a more expensive price for the VIPs which was the Elite and above I believe. We did attend the event which was a beautiful setting, but really could not understand why the price difference. I'm my opinion, if we were VIPs why the higher price just for the heliport sail away which they offered twice last reunion cruise for no extra fee. The free excursion we did have was an opera house with 3 tenors singing and it was excellent and quite memorable.