Booked First Guarantee Room

Life_Traveler

Just got done booking out first ever Guarantee room. Couldn't pass up the 36 hour sail going on right now. Hopefully we get a decent room but then again its only 5 days so we can handle about anything if need be. Needed to fill the gap in January as it was only month this winter we didn't have one booked already.

From past experience, can someone tell me about how far out they actually got there room assignment.

Thanks

I don't think there's any definitive answer to that. It just depends when they think they are done selling your category.

At the end of March I booked a gty balcony on Conquest for a cruise the last week of July. We got our assignment on May 4th which was about 80 days out from sailing. It was a fantastic room, by the way - 8th floor, forward, starboard. No noise at night and close to the elevators.

BUT, I've seen reports here of getting your room assigned 1 month, 2 months, 2 weeks or even not until they actually got to port to check in. THAT would have driven me crazy lol.

We've gotten balcony guarantees four times and our room has been assigned in each case no later than about 20 - 30 days from sailing. Not saying this is always the case. It really depends on how sales go. BTW, we've gotten acceptable to very good locations 3 of the 4 times. Best of luck.