Children's Passports?

shanty831

This is what I was thinking, I was just hearing from so many that we were wasting out money. We're hoping to make cruising an annual vacation, so they will get their use out of the passport. Now the challenge will be to find a location that does passports on Saturday morning when the 4 of us can go!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Our post office does passports by appointment and is open Saturday morning. Check with your post office as they should be able to advise.

If this were any nation in the world except the United States, we would not even be having this *discussion.*

PASSPORT!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :) I've never understood why there are so many American posters on CC who resist passports. I've travelled internationally on business and for leisure for over 65 years and I lived in Europe for a number of years in Europe. I'd no more travel without a passport than I would drive without a license.

Edited by Fouremco

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :) I've never understood why there are so many American posters on CC who resist passports. I've travelled on business and for leisure for over 65 years and I lived in Europe for a number of years in Europe. I'd no more travel without a passport than I would drive without a license.

Beyond just for cruising...for what its worth...I know of 3 different people in 3 different states who are going through divorces here in the U.S...and all 3 have attorneys who have advised them that they they highly suggest parents getting passports for their children for ID purposes alone, let alone just for any air or cruising travel.

This appears to be a trend underway according to articles on this topic (children getting a solid photoID), especially with the growing issues regarding child abductions worldwide.

I didn't know if in the event of an emergency if flying home kids have the same passport requirements as adults.

Yes, they do. Every international air travel passenger must have their own passport, even infants. Exceptions are not made simply because the pax is a minor.

I think I might win this one, I sent in the application for my oldest's first passport when she was 10 days old! Actually we lived overseas and were not citizens of that country so it was vital to get her a passport in case we needed to travel in a hurry. My younger one had his first one at 2 months. We have dual nationality so I have to pay for 8 passports altogether, but I wouldn't travel without them.

Bet ON! My GD's passport was issued 25 days after she was born. We traveled at eight weeks.

I had to go to the county health department to get the birth certificate as the recorder's office wouldn't have have it for 6-8 weeks.

Then I used an expediter to get it back before we left for Club Med.

It's funny to look at the photograph as she looks like every other baby at that age. There is no way immigration could match her up now with that photograph.