bogo 2 night dinning package

I had to call them last week to clarify myself. (plus, all time slots were unavailable, so I couldn't buy the package online.) You purchase the package for $30/per person ahead of time and specify which date you want your first specialty dining night (first night has to be day 1 or 2). You have to make your specific restaurant reservation once on board. You can make just your first reservation and decide on the second later, or you can make both reservations at the same time. If either of the restaurants is more than $30 (ie Chops is $35), then you pay the difference ($5 for Chops). :)

I am not sure you can select the first restaurant in advance of boarding. I have recently purchased for a Liberty of the Seas cruise and it only gave me the option of selecting the dining time. Nothing for the second night.

I believe restaurants will be allocated by RCCI for both nights (1 & 2). However, according to others on this forum, you can change the restaurants once on board subject to availability. This will be our most immediate task after embarkation.

Thanks for the question and the posts; I was unaware of the BOGO dining offer! I might be interested, but I'm still confused by one thing.

. . and specify which date you want your first specialty dining night (first night has to be day 1 or 2). You have to make your specific restaurant reservation once on board.

I don't understand how this jives with this sentence under the Additional Terms & Conditions: "Each reservation must be used on the first AND second nights of the sailing respectively." That's from the BOGO page.

The similar sentence on the 3-night package page is, "One reservation must be used on the first OR second night of the sailing." (I added the caps.)

From that "and" instead of "or," it seems like the BOGO is valid for only the first two nights. Congonati, I wonder if the info you were given on the phone applied only to the "usual" packages and not to the BOGO?

If I purchase the 3 night dining package, and I am Diamond Plus, can I have Royal choose my first night and use my BOGO dining coupon on night 2?

Can the 3 night package be used at Chops? If I ordered from the regular Chops menu, do I have to pay an additional charge as the cost is now $42?

Thanks for your help.

If either of the restaurants is more than $30 (ie Chops is $35), then you pay the difference ($5 for Chops). :)

I was given different information in this regard. I was told that the $30 covers the fee for any specialty restaurant that you make reservations for. The only time you would have to pay additional was if you ordered a "premium extra charge" menu item, multiple entrees, or if it was Izumi and you ordered more than $30 worth a la carte.

Hopefully that's the case considering Wonderland, Chops, and Jamie's are all more than $30 on Anthem.

I believe restaurants will be allocated by RCCI for both nights (1 & 2). However, according to others on this forum, you can change the restaurants once on board subject to availability. This will be our most immediate task after embarkation.

If this is the case, I'm not interested. I don't want to pay an upcharge to eat at Sabor, and eating at any specialty is not worth the stress to me to feel pressed to make sure I don't as soon as we board.

As with all "special discounts," will appeal to some but not to all. For those interested - enjoy!

We set our 4 night dining package on board. Nothing had been selected for first night. We did Chops, Wonderland, Jamie's, and 150 Central Park. We just went to Jamie's once onboard and got what we wanted. Thought it was a great deal. Was on Harmony last week.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

Did the BOGO last week on Liberty. To answer some of the above questions: it was available to anyone not just diamond plus, we picked a time and they picked the restaurant for the first night, when we got on board we changed the restaurant and the time to eat with friends on-board but our reservations were still first and second night. We did NOT pay any up charge for eating at chops. We were also allowed to use our drink package in the specialty restaurants (we were not allowed to do this a year ago on Navigator in Sabor). Both nights there were plenty of available reservations (Chops was almost empty the first night @ 7:30).

A table for four in Chops we also had an extra appetizer, 2 extra entrees, and an extra dessert and no additional charges.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by rum & monkey

I been trying to get straight answers on this subject for over 2 hours. I have talked to two different RCI people and my TA. There seems to be no one answer. Here are the questions:

If you are Diamond Plus you have a BOGO the first or second night.

1. If you buy a 3 or 4 night package do you have to use the 3 or 4 night package the first or second night?

2. We do not want to use the 3 or 4 package the first or second night because we can each (DH and DW) purchase a meal the first night then the other spouse purchase a meal the second night to use the BOGO since it is an Individual Perk and not a Cabin perk.

The second person we spoke to was not sure, so that person will check it out with Corp. and with the ship via email.

3. Has anyone ever not used the total package and received credit back? If I bought a 3 meal package and only used 2 meals, would they refund the difference of the 1 unused meal? The RCI person was not sure, but thought that a refund would be given.

4. Can you buy these packages on board at the same price as shown on line?

I will post the answers here when I get them back from RCI.

Thanks for any of your input.

We are not Diamond or Diamond plus.. does this get booked prior to leaving or is it offered on board? We are on the Oasis next month.

Prior, not available on all sailings but if it is not available your sailing check early in the week you are sailing. On our Liberty sailing I did not see it until the week we were sailing, our Feb 2017 Adventure trip I already purchased it

Edited by rum & monkey

• 2 weeks later...
Did the BOGO last week on Liberty. To answer some of the above questions: it was available to anyone not just diamond plus, we picked a time and they picked the restaurant for the first night, when we got on board we changed the restaurant and the time to eat with friends on-board but our reservations were still first and second night. We did NOT pay any up charge for eating at chops. We were also allowed to use our drink package in the specialty restaurants (we were not allowed to do this a year ago on Navigator in Sabor). Both nights there were plenty of available reservations (Chops was almost empty the first night @ 7:30).

A table for four in Chops we also had an extra appetizer, 2 extra entrees, and an extra dessert and no additional charges.

Thank you so much for your answer. I was confused also. After reading some posts I thought you are not getting a deal if you have to pay the difference. Two different restaurants for 30.00 is a steal!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No, we are on Liberty now and have done Giovanni's first night and Chops second night (Formal) with no extra charge on the BOGO deal. We made our preferred restaurant sequence and dining times (8pm) as soon as we embarked. Both were excellent meals and would do the deal again- we usually stick to MDR.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the question and the posts; I was unaware of the BOGO dining offer! I might be interested, but I'm still confused by one thing.

I don't understand how this jives with this sentence under the Additional Terms & Conditions: "Each reservation must be used on the first AND second nights of the sailing respectively." That's from the BOGO page.

The similar sentence on the 3-night package page is, "One reservation must be used on the first OR second night of the sailing." (I added the caps.)

From that "and" instead of "or," it seems like the BOGO is valid for only the first two nights. Congonati, I wonder if the info you were given on the phone applied only to the "usual" packages and not to the BOGO?

That is how it worked on our Allure Sailing!

We booked the minute we got on the ship, at Giovannis. Then told them we wanted Chops the next night. We were given a receipt stating we were on BOGO and we were charged each night, $15pp. The receipt was kind of our "insurance" in case they charged the regular price. I never saw this offer online. We could only get the BOGO for the first 2 nights of the sailing. I thought it was weird since night 2 was formal night and people tend to eat at the specialty restaurants on that night. The other thing my feable brain was thinking was it was buy one get one. So I thought DH and I could just eat at one or the other. NO. It is buy one get one for EACH PERSON. You HAVE to do both nights to get the special. ( i'm bad lol)

So I am D+ therefore I get BOGO due to my status. I am travelling with a friend who has no status, so I was going to use my BOGO for the 2nd night. I was looking and the 2 night meal deal is being offered at a very good price for our cruise, but I am worried that the ability to use it is limited to nights 1 and 2 ( given that night 2 is already covered) is is worth buying??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk