10 Days Until NCL Dawn--Need Motivation

kcwingwalker

10 days until we sail!!!!!

Must need 20 cause I'm really procrastinating.

Got my hair done, think I've bought everything I need, had the yard winterized and all sorts of little things. But I keep putting off the one job I don't want to do. When I come home from vacation I want my home to be in order. Who wants to come home from a great vacation to a messy house? Right now I'm eyeing my kitchen and know it needs some elbow grease, but I just cannot get motivated. Guess I'll just start small and hope motivation arrives soon.

Is it just me or do others feel this way?

10 days until we sail!!!!!

Must need 20 cause I'm really procrastinating.

Got my hair done, think I've bought everything I need, had the yard winterized and all sorts of little things. But I keep putting off the one job I don't want to do. When I come home from vacation I want my home to be in order. Who wants to come home from a great vacation to a messy house? Right now I'm eyeing my kitchen and know it needs some elbow grease, but I just cannot get motivated. Guess I'll just start small and hope motivation arrives soon.

Is it just me or do others feel this way?

I get a thing about the Frig.

I try to eat everything good and through out everything else.

I like a clean start when we get back.;)

Im flying out at the crack of dawn in two days for miami to sail on the sky friday. I am not prepared at all. I am normally all set by now. I haven't packed or done laundry... Don't end up like me.

As far as my house goes tho, my cleaning lady comes the day after I get back so I am not worried about that.

Definitely -- and I am the furthest thing from a clean freak. But then a few years ago a visit from an out of town guest (which prompted complete deep housecleaning) coincided with a trip the next week, and ever since I've really made the effort. It's amazing on that drive back to the house to think "I am going to walk in that door and have nothing else to do but laundry."

So I try to give myself that gift each time I go away.

Maybe tell yourself "10 things each day." Put away/organize/clean/sort 10 things. Chances are you'll end up doing more than that, but if you stop at 10, at least something will get done.

It's a gift to Future Self.

Glad to know I'm not alone. And, Corley05 could you send your cleaning lady over?

Actually just finished one of my list of many things I dislike cleaning. That beep beep ceramic stove top. I will never have another ceramic stove. Children need constant care, but oven tops should not!

Amazon package just arrived so I'll take a break for few minutes.

Edited by kcwingwalker

You could just be a procrastinator like I am. My house is a mess but I don't have time to clean it now. I leave tomorrow and I have laundry in!!!!

UGH!!!! How did this happen?!?!?!?!?

Actually, if I was really nice, I would post a picture of my house. That would be motivation for you to not procrastinate!!!

Edited by cruizinwithkids

I think what you're missing is the fun component....

remember a few years ago there was a conversation about Maple Syrup... I read about it and it was hilarious.... with the pig on the spit and spit on the deck and deck on the ship and the ship on the sea.... and the Maple Syrup on everything... or something like that...

Cheers,

I think what you're missing is the fun component....

remember a few years ago there was a conversation about Maple Syrup... I read about it and it was hilarious.... with the pig on the spit and spit on the deck and deck on the ship and the ship on the sea.... and the Maple Syrup on everything... or something like that...

Cheers,

Could be wrong but I believe that the Maple Syrup thread began with the "Bacon Police" and it was fun!

Glad to know I'm not alone. And, Corley05 could you send your cleaning lady over?

Actually just finished one of my list of many things I dislike cleaning. That beep beep ceramic stove top. I will never have another ceramic stove. Children need constant care, but oven tops should not!

Amazon package just arrived so I'll take a break for few minutes.

Mr Clean Magic erasers!

Work great on ceramic stove tops.

Lois