Fiction or ??

Renmar

Remember the lady who asked the front desk to move the band out of Club Fusion because she couldn't sleep? Then she was livid because they didn't do it after they said they would!

SHE: move that band out of there right now!

THEY: yep, we'll get right on that. *Eye rolling commences.*

I remember that. Said the band was so loud the walls were "pulsating". Couldn't watch TV because the sound from the TV would wake her cabin mate.

"Okay the copy function didn't work BUT I just wanted to add: for all you Americans, even the ones on TV portraying a Canadian, you do NOT say it right no matter how hard you try. A Canadian can tell a faker from a mile away"

Sorry. :p

"Okay the copy function didn't work BUT I just wanted to add: for all you Americans, even the ones on TV portraying a Canadian, you do NOT say it right no matter how hard you try. A Canadian can tell a faker from a mile away"

This Copy??; I know I am a chair hogging, booze smuggling under dressed Canadian cruiser who pays for his cruise with funny money but we do NOT say Aye, we say “EH” after every second sentence.

Theo

The most amusing complaints from cruise passengers revealed

A cruise holiday is supposed to be a comfortable way to experience the world - but sometimes you can't please everyone. A number of cruise travel sites have revealed some of the wackiest complaints or requests they have received, including one woman moaning that the sea was too loud and another accusing the captain of not warning him about seasickness. Here are some of the most bizarre remarks made by disgruntled passengers at sea.

Cruise.co.uk revealed some of the funniest complaints they have heard over the years, including one man who asked the captain to turn off the engine as it was too loud.

Another was not impressed with the sand on the beach on an excursion. They said that the brochure had shown an image of it as yellow, but when they arrived they found it was white.

An unhappy woman made her views known that topless sunbathers on the beach should be banned, as her husband had spent all holiday staring at other women.

And yet another was disappointed that the ship didn't resemble the Titanic and they should have been warned beforehand.

Other customers took to ConsumerAffairs.com to make their views known about Carnival Cruise Lines.

One of the users posted his disgust at the language used around on board. 'The pool became an area where you would not want your family to be. Never been around people where the F-bomb was used as a noun, pronoun, verb and adjective, all in the same sentence,' they wrote.

A woman from Atlanta wrote: 'When we dined after a shore excursion we witnessed an employee, literally lick his hand and handle food directly after and place condiments on the table outside for guests use.'

One man said: 'I looked on Yelp and saw there were only three reviews for this ship most likely because the rest of the people who travelled on this ship probably jumped overboard and swam back to shore.'

One man was frustrated at not having a view of the sea and asked for a window to be installed, even though he had booked an inside cabin room.

A first-time passenger blamed the captain for not warning him that he could get seasick and requested a list of cruises that this would not occur on.

A female passenger sent a request for a sound-proofed room because the noise of the Mediterranean kept her awake.

And a husband who had booked a two-week honeymoon cruise complained that the staff did not decorate the cabin in white. In addition to this, he was disappointed at the lack of rose petals scattered each day, and the fact champagne and strawberries were not delivered via a private butler - despite not even putting in a request for any of this beforehand.

Another man on a cruise to Alaska cruise wanted a refund as the weather was not as warm as he had expected.

Rounding off the list was a couple from Yorkshire who moaned that staff were so kind it cost them too much money in tips and they wanted a refund.

Steph Curtin, from bonvoyage.uk, said: ‘The vast majority of feedback we get from holidaymakers is hugely positive, telling us what a great time they had, but from time to time we come across a few quirky complaints that we can do little to help.

Actually heard this one from a CD. A passenger asked if the crew slept on board the ship. The CD jokingly said no, they are taken by helicopter to an island at night where they have living accommodations and flown back in the morning before everyone gets up. On the passenger's post cruise survey they complained they were woken up every morning by the noise from the helicopters returning the crew to the ship and were upset they couldn't sleep in because of it.

I can add to this...At a ship information meeting, we also heard a guest ask if the crew slept on board...just like yours...except we were on a transatlantic and hadnt seen land for at least two days!!

On the first day of my cruise I got up early in the morning and placed a beach towel on the floor of the nearby elevator. People actually had the audacity to use my elevator before I returned after lunch.

Edited by TwoCruisers

My complaint is Canadians don't know this but, on the Globe they are shown as North Americans and they are calling someone Americans but that would include from the Artic to Punta Arenas am I correct? Does that mean Canadians are Americans who say EH? I know I should have started another thread. I think Canadians should have to stay North of the Mason Dixon Line anyway. BWAHAHA This is only a jest! My best friend live in Vancouver BC.

On the first day of my cruise I got up early in the morning and placed a beach towel on the floor of the nearby elevator. People actually had the audacity to use my elevator before I returned after lunch.

Now you people are getting silly, of course that would have never worked, you should have waited until the crew was back on board because they will use the elevators to go from the Helipad to their stations. And next time do not use a towel but use rope instead, you should have roped it off.

rofl.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cp3Kyzw7N7Ubutj9ROFoLX_e-sKF48KJSTaeatq1kjQwjAE5rxJebbAd6cCJtqL_lFSrRVV35kpcppsRBZlWLQcesPLkV9eUR5MUTa6xeCs9PpqfZOoF7rVgQNASQs0GLleCc8lFXYGIxqUDwrDrnAgkaQHuGar5Mh63QOTx9hYCFbwwb-bEgH3M4pXwyIyEbHMUdF5sOTD1TLG89isQRIytbgZctG9naWRAzTOV4GvqWtZDZ8%3D&attredirects=0

Theo

Now you people are getting silly, of course that would have never worked, you should have waited until the crew was back on board because they will use the elevators to go from the Helipad to their stations. And next time do not use a towel but use rope instead, you should have roped it off.

rofl.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cp3Kyzw7N7Ubutj9ROFoLX_e-sKF48KJSTaeatq1kjQwjAE5rxJebbAd6cCJtqL_lFSrRVV35kpcppsRBZlWLQcesPLkV9eUR5MUTa6xeCs9PpqfZOoF7rVgQNASQs0GLleCc8lFXYGIxqUDwrDrnAgkaQHuGar5Mh63QOTx9hYCFbwwb-bEgH3M4pXwyIyEbHMUdF5sOTD1TLG89isQRIytbgZctG9naWRAzTOV4GvqWtZDZ8%3D&attredirects=0

Theo

I’ll have to remember that rope trick for my deck chair. :)

Edited by TwoCruisers

after my first Hawaiian cruise, one person who had posted on the roll call thread (but didn't go to any of the meet and greets so I never met her), complained on CC after the cruise about various things including that the pineapple wedges in the Horizon had the rinds still on. I remember rolling my eyes over that one, because I liked having the rinds still on while I ate the pineapple and if it's something that would bother a person, just use your knife. (I also thought it was great as it means the pineapple isn't from cans).

another person who posted a review on the main page complained about the live Hawaiian music on the cruise they took. and it was a Hawaiian cruise!

My son in law always asks me to say the Canadian sorry. :rolleyes:

That's pretty funny, but not as funny as a post I read a couple of days ago.

A woman said she was never cruising Princess again because the pools were too deep for her to stand on the bottom, her cabin steward didn't know her by name, and it took two days for a robe to appear in her closet. :rolleyes:

I'll bet that the only people who are happier than she is that she's never cruising Princess again are the employees of Princess and the cruisers that were on the ship with her.

How would you like to be someone living with her? :eek:

Tom

My favorites:

During a sushi and Asian buffet in the Horizon Court one lunch time, the man behind us asked his wife if she was going to eat "that" or get real food.

My husband, who is Chinese, was wearing an aloha shirt as we had breakfast at the HC. As he was getting more coffee, a woman belligerently came up to him to let him know about a spill that had to be cleaned up right away! Too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good one. Made me laugh this morning. Thank you! If only people would just learn to chill out, relax...you are on a cruise. Be thankful and happy you can afford to go on a cruise. Many people would change places with you in a second. My husband had surgery for lung cancer this year and is now cancer free. We are going on this cruise to celebrate his success. So don't sweat the small stuff! Enjoy life and your vacations.

Agree:). Celebrate every day you have together. I have been cancer free for 16 years after all kinds of surgeries and treatment. That's my mantra too :). Hugs to you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're sailing on Princess for the first time next month. I so appreciate all of your "complaints!" Kinda made me look forward even more to experiencing the Star Princess! ;-) I think I'd like to meet you onboard ... assuming Princess figures out how to fix those weather problems!

Sent from my iPad using Forums