What's a SeaPass?

swdke

Your sea pass is your card for your stateroom (like a hotel key), but you also use it to charge anything on the ship (drinks etc.) as you do not use cash on the ship unless you are paying your account at the end of the cruise. You also use your sea pass to exit and re-enter the ship. You will get your sea pass when you check in at the pier and your picture will come up when they scan it. I think what you are actually asking about though is your set sail pass. When you finish checking in on-line you will print your set sail pass which has a barcode on it they can scan at check in and enables them to know your check in is complete.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your sea pass is your card for your stateroom (like a hotel key), but you also use it to charge anything on the ship (drinks etc.) as you do not use cash on the ship unless you are paying your account at the end of the cruise. You also use your sea pass to exit and re-enter the ship. You will get your sea pass when you check in at the pier and your picture will come up when they scan it. I think what you are actually asking about though is your set sail pass. When you finish checking in on-line you will print your set sail pass which has a barcode on it they can scan at check in and enables them to know your check in is complete.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some ports they may even check it to let you on the dock.

I was looking through a RCCL brochure and for checking in to board for embarkation, it said to remember to pack and bring your SeaPass. What's a SeaPass? Thanks.

Since they mention "checking in", they probably mean SetSail Pass, which is like a boarding pass.

Setsail pass is your check-in information...you do it online before you sail.

Your Seapass is your room key/charge card for the ship..it's linked (usually) to a credit card, although some use cash, too. While on the ship or private islands, you charge everything to your cabin/seapass. Your photo is linked to the card, and you will scan the card whenever you leave or return to the ship, so they know who's onboard!

(snip)Your photo is linked to the card, and you will scan the card whenever you leave or return to the ship, so they know who's onboard!

Sort of. They use your photo to verify it is the same person getting on the ship when you have stopped in port as the one who initially boarded the ship.

They use the bar code to identify you and the computer brings up your picture. The last cruise I was on (The Majesty) the sound that played when exiting the ship has a lot of bass. The first time I heard it it sounded like something was wrong.

That is why I always have a goofy smile in that picture. It gives the security guard some levity.