Poolside cabana@ Grand Turk

harpat0408

I rented a poolside cabana for my trip in January. My question is is that states it is for four people but there's only two in my cabin, do I need to go to guest services to add the other two to the cabana so they can get off with us at the same time?

Also is it like half-moon K where you have to go to guest excursions to pick which number cabana you have or do you just get off and go to the excursion desk on land and they tell you which one you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by harpat0408

1. Not a tender port, so just walk off the ship together.

2. I don't know when you find out/choose which cabana, but they are around the pool, not on the beach, and I don't see any real reason to prefer one over another.

There isn't a priority debark, by the means of Carnival Excursions-Platinum/Diamond-FTTF, in Grand Turk because it's a normal docking port; not a tender port.

I wouldn't go through the effort to tell Carnival there's 4 people going, it's not like these cabana's supply food/snacks/snorkel-stuff and you would need to have the right amount.

Carnival rents out the cabana's from Margaritaville, so you can't pick them ahead of time like you can at HMC. When you get off go to Margaritaville to check in and then you will select your cabana.

We rented one once. It was a waste of money for us since we spent most of the day in the pool. They are air conditioned so if you aren't in the pool its a nice place to cool off. There are plenty chaise loungers around the pool. Your cabana has 2 loungers outside and a sofa and a couple chairs inside. There is no bathroom in the cabana, just seating. We ordered food and drinks on the cabana phone from Margaritaville but the service was really slow. We would not rent one again.

We had to go to a desk at Margaritaville to get our key to the cabana.

Edited by Boozebabe

I rented a poolside cabana for my trip in January. My question is is that states it is for four people but there's only two in my cabin, do I need to go to guest services to add the other two to the cabana so they can get off with us at the same time?

Also is it like half-moon K where you have to go to guest excursions to pick which number cabana you have or do you just get off and go to the excursion desk on land and they tell you which one you have?

You will need to go to shore excursion desk and they will give you a print out of your cabana excursion. It will tell you where to meet when you dock. Stay in the back of the lounge. Your excursion will be called first to get off the boat.

The four of you will get off together. You then go to margaritiville to select your cabana.

You will need to go to shore excursion desk and they will give you a print out of your cabana excursion. It will tell you where to meet when you dock. Stay in the back of the lounge. Your excursion will be called first to get off the boat.

The four of you will get off together. You then go to margaritiville to select your cabana.

Sorry... this is incorrect. Grand Turk is not a tender port. Disembark as soon as they announce it is ok to do so. Stop at Margaritaville to check in. They'll walk you to your assigned cabana, give you the key, etc. No need to inform Carnival who the cabana guests will be... anyone in your party, up to four people, is fine.

We rent them all the time.

Sorry... this is incorrect. Grand Turk is not a tender port. Disembark as soon as they announce it is ok to do so. Stop at Margaritaville to check in. They'll walk you to your assigned cabana, give you the key, etc. No need to inform Carnival who the cabana guests will be... anyone in your party, up to four people, is fine.

Agreed.

Since they provide nothing but a small building dont think they would care if more than 4 people hung out there

This is correct and thank you!

Your excursion (cabana tickets) OP will be left for you in your cabin a night or two before. No nee to go to the excursions desk. Don't forget to bring them with you. We just rented a cabana back in August.

We've rented Cabanas at GT twice. When you arrive at Margaritaville, let someone know you rented a cabana. We asked for one further away from the pool.

The first time we were four people, the second time we were six. It shouldn't matter how many in your party because there is nothing complimentary available, unlike Half Moon Cay, where food, floaties and other things that come with the cabana.

It was very nice having a place to lock our belongings. Our son sat inside with the air conditioning for a while when he got really hot.

Agreed.

Since they provide nothing but a small building dont think they would care if more than 4 people hung out there

We have had many traveling in our groups stop by' date=' leave things for a bit etc. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums