Baltic Cruise seeking information for next June

DJLDRUMS

Six of our stops on the Navigator will include many different countries. Can you provide your thoughts and ideas for different tours that you've found to be some of the best that we should consider. We'll have three middle age couples travelling.

First is Oslo Norway, Coppenhagen Denmark, Helsinki Finland, St. Petersburg Russia, Tallinn Estonia, Zeebruge Belgium.

Thanks,

We have a great Northern Europe and Baltics board - here is the link for your research and information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192 <--Baltics, click here

You will find great information there! You should also join and share with you rroll call.

We sailed the Baltics B2B with Norwegian Fjords in 2012 and did a lot on our own because of what we had read.

St. Petersburg you must have a plan and we hooked up with some people on our roll call in advance to book with SPB Tours.

Oslo we did hop on hop off bus. Allowed us to see what we wanted for as long as we wanted. You can buy tickets onboard or they have the bus waiting as soon as you get off the ship with ticket sellers.

Zeebruge we did tour to Bruge. It was part guided walking with boat tour and time to explore by ourselves as well. We found the balance to be good.

Helsinki we got a shuttle into town and walked into the market. The market is fun for the food samples:D

There is a lot to do in St. Petersburg so I would recommend doing more research and narrowing down what you think you would like to see. I have been there a few times and still not done everything I would like to.

When we did our Baltic cruise, we only did ship tours and felt they were just what we wanted. I know many prefer to schedule their own tours, but at that time, I was not on cruise critic and no way did I feel comfortable enough to schedule private tours. That's the advantage of CC and the travel boards. :)

One thing that was offered many years ago when we cruised was an excursion to Moscow. Since St. Petersburg was a two day stop, the cruise line offered a Moscow tour on the second day. That was a great tour and if it is still offered, I would highly recommend it. It made for a very long day with the flight there and back, but was well worth it.