Bringing food on board

Argana

I apologize completely if I misunderstood what you meant by accommodations. I thought you wanted them to accommodate to allow you to bring onboard food items that were restricted.

If you meant to accommodate by them having the foods onboard that you needed, that's a completely different story and a reasonable request on your part.

My apologies!

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We sailed from Boston on 10/13 and the security people at the xray machine we went through were having people throw away or dump all liquids.  When our suitcase went through the scanner with 2 bottles of wine and 12 bottles of soda and water, the guy all but freaked at us and told us it wasn't allowed.  I stated the policy and said all bottles were factory sealed and 500 ml and he said the cruise line doesn't allow liquids.  I challenged him and asked for a supervisor who came over and told us it was up to him what goes on the ship and asked the security guy if they bottles were factory sealed.  He answered yes and was told to let them go through. He then added, he listens to me, not you.  Both gentlemen were aggressive and totally out of line.

Typically those people do not work from the cruise line, they work for the port.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, njkruzer said:

We're on the Anthem now with a stop in Boston.  As we reboarded the terminal security people iwould not let the people in front of me bring their open bottle of water or their leftovers through security.  I have brought water bottles through in other ports so that part surprised me. This was terminal security not Royal's people

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We sailed from Boston on 10/13 and the security people at the xray machine we went through were having people throw away or dump all liquids.  When our suitcase went through the scanner with 2 bottles of wine and 12 bottles of soda and water, the guy all but freaked at us and told us it wasn't allowed.  I stated the policy and said all bottles were factory sealed and 500 ml and he said the cruise line doesn't allow liquids.  I challenged him and asked for a supervisor who came over and told us it was up to him what goes on the ship and asked the security guy if they bottles were factory sealed.  He answered yes and was told to let them go through. He then added, he listens to me, not you.  Both gentlemen were aggressive and totally out of line.

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

Typically those people do not work from the cruise line, they work for the port.

That is what the discussion was about.  I requoted the posts so you can follow allowing.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, WarGuyEd said:

I apologize completely if I misunderstood what you meant by accommodations. I thought you wanted them to accommodate to allow you to bring onboard food items that were restricted.

If you meant to accommodate by them having the foods onboard that you needed, that's a completely different story and a reasonable request on your part.

My apologies!

I think I misunderstood her intention as well.  And I add my apology.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, ufalum88 said:

Yet you felt compelled to leave that long winded response. All the while, not paying attention to the fact that I wasn’t trying to bring fruits or other prohibited food.  In fact, I don’t want to bring anything. If you read my post before, I’m looking for a way to contact someone so that the cruiseship can bring the stuff that I need. Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Disney etc. have done this for us. Unlike you, a nice person on this thread gave me useful information and a line worked with us in the past.  I came back hoping to get similar direction for MSC.

I am not sure if that response was directed to me. I can only assume it was since it directly followed my post. Although things do get out of sequence on these boards so...

Anyhow, I am not unsympathetic to your situation.  My best friend's son has many food allergies, sensitivities and other sensory situations which require vigilant attention. I am often "back up mom" especially now that the parents have divorced. Being a single parent without a significant support system sometimes makes it even harder for her not having a second person around all the time to advocate for their child (not saying YOU are in that situation.)   I can only imagine how challenging it must be to get those needs addressed each and every time you travel and are outside of your usual controlled environment.   Even in one's hometown, one knows the "safe" places to go and who will be able to accommodate you and your child for whatever needs come up.  Being on a cruise ship is a whole different ballgame and one I know is particularly challenging since all of the food on the ship comes on at the beginning and there can be such difficulties and restrictions on what one can take on and off the ship at various ports.

I am sorry I responded in a way which led you to believe I am not a nice person. That's the difficulty with only having the written word upon which to rely.   While admittedly I asked "Why be so dramatic?" and I am sure that was offputting,  I only meant that you should not feel as though anyone disabled, elderly or obese should not cruise.  I am sorry if anyone has ever made you feel that certain people are unwelcome on a cruise ship or that such a statement WOULD be warranted.   I do think that people, myself included, need to be careful with our words as we do not know everyone's life situation.  I know it can feel like you are on the outside sometimes, and that deck is stacked against people with disabilities or different body types of any description.   It is shameful that sometimes this very well does happen. People can be very unkind.

Anyhow, I hope you find the help you need.   I am sorry my response was poorly worded.   I am sure you have met people who expect the rules to be bent, expanded or contracted for them and it can be difficult to explain why some rules and regulations really can't be bent for one without creating a landslide for others.   That is NOT the case in your situation.   What you ask seems perfectly reasonable.