Received Upsell Call Today

terri-eddie

My husband, daughter and I are booked in an ocean view cabin on Splendor for December. Today I received a call offering us a balcony suite on Deck 7 for an additional $560 total.

I turned it down because we are happy with our location, and don't need the extra perks. But I'm just curious....was this a good deal? I've never priced suites before, so I don't know what the going rate is. We paid around $1400 for our current cabin, so that would make our price for the suite $2000 for 3 people on a 6 day cruise to Belize, Roatan and Coz.

My husband, daughter and I are booked in an ocean view cabin on Splendor for December. Today I received a call offering us a balcony suite on Deck 7 for an additional $560 total.

I turned it down because we are happy with our location, and don't need the extra perks. But I'm just curious....was this a good deal? I've never priced suites before, so I don't know what the going rate is. We paid around $1400 for our current cabin, so that would make our price for the suite $2000 for 3 people on a 6 day cruise to Belize, Roatan and Coz.

Not a great deal but we would probably have taken the offer just to experience a suite.

I'm also wondering about the deal I took last week. We upgraded from a jr obstructed view suite on imagination to a grand suite for $250. I'ts only a 3 day cruise out of long beach and the total for the cabin $1250 for 2.

Seems like cruises out of CA are always more expensive than FL. The long flight to FL just doesn't make it worth it for us to sail out of there for the cheap deals.

I'm also wondering about the deal I took last week. We upgraded from a jr obstructed view suite on imagination to a grand suite for $250. I'ts only a 3 day cruise out of long beach and the total for the cabin $1250 for 2.

Seems like cruises out of CA are always more expensive than FL. The long flight to FL just doesn't make it worth it for us to sail out of there for the cheap deals.

That is an excellent deal to me. The GS are normally running $500+ more than an OS on those trips that I've seen. Also, not a fan of the obstructed view and it's worth a bit more to me to avoid that. The GS tend to be in prime locations on those ships as well.

I try to evaluate upsell deals based on what the additional cost per person, per day will be. One year we booked connecting balcony cabins for us and our sons on an 8-day cruise and the upsell was two adjoining (not connecting) ocean suites for a total of $500. That worked out to $125 per person for the cruise or a little more than $15 per person, per day for larger cabins and balconies. That was a deal for us, so we took it. And since the balcony divider opened, we still really had our connecting cabins.

Edited by nybumpkin

If it's the Dec 4th cruise I am also n that one and am in a balcony. It's been sold out except for suites for a while now. I've been hoping to get that call

Was the upgrade to an Ocean suite or grand suite?

Carnival has some of the worst "suite perks"...if you're going to do a suite, do it on NCL!

I really doubt NCL is going to call the OP and offer an upsell on her oceanview room on the Splendor.

:)

Edited by dsotm73

If I book a cabin where I'd be interested in an upsell I note the prices when I book.

Right now I'm looking at a obstructed suite, and I know the price difference as listed is about $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app