Great prices on Dec. sailings

weregoingcruising

My suspicion is that there are a glut of unsold cabins on Celebrity ships for December and part of January...especially for the Florida based ships. This is probably due to the crazy price increases X has had (you know: preparing for the 50% off second person in the cabin "super deal" or maybe not) combined with a very weak US economy (GDP growth in the US is absolutely pathetic for numerous reasons). For folks in the US the upcoming election may also be a concern and is dampening sign ups :)

There may be some amazing bargains for last minute opportunistic bookers as we go into mid November...you think???

My suspicion is that there are a glut of unsold cabins on Celebrity ships for December and part of January...especially for the Florida based ships. This is probably due to the crazy price increases X has had (you know: preparing for the 50% off second person in the cabin "super deal" or maybe not) combined with a very weak US economy (GDP growth in the US is absolutely pathetic for numerous reasons). For folks in the US the upcoming election may also be a concern and is dampening sign ups :)

There may be some amazing bargains for last minute opportunistic bookers as we go into mid November...you think???

We moved our sailing from January 14th to December 10th on Reflection. Went from a C1 in January to an S1 in December and got over $500 refunded to my credit card. We thought the January price was great but couldn't pass up the December pricing. Even though we'd paid in full we were still 2 days prior to final payment date so we were able to make the change.

It looks like airfare will be cheaper in December too.

I suspect many people who are under 50 may not be sailing as well due to the fears of Zika. We are in our early 30s.

We got an amazing upgrade on the Reflection for early December. Went from a 2D Obstructed balcony to Aqua Class for $307 and received 300 OBC and beverage package.

Edited by JRos

For our sailing in April on the Silhouette we upgraded from Cat 1C to Concierge - Deck 10, still kept our two perks and the price was reduced by $60 for all 3 couples and we were able to get side by each cabins.

C class gets you a few small additions.....supposedly better linens and towels, foot stools on the balcony, etc. also afternoon canapés......nothing spectacular, but it can fill a void in the eating cycle. Best perk is embarkion day lunch in the main dining room, a nice sit down 3 course luncheon. Also I think you get double points in Captains Club.

I'm doing this from memory, there is a list in X's web site that lists the particulars.....so excuse me if I'm slightly in error.

I'm hoping for price drops on the January 7th Reflection 7-day. We got a good deal on a C2 (automatic one-category upgrade for Captain's Club members) with classic drinks package and lots of onboard credit (from Celebrity and TA). But there's a couple who wants to go with us, and the price is just too high right now. There are well over 100 balcony cabins still available, not including AC cabins, so I would think there will be a price drop after final payment is due a week from today.

I have been posting that X and other lines have " give away" deals on November and December sailings. I have not seen prices this low. December 11 - 10 days on Eclipce - balcony cabin without perks - $799/pp, a week ago AQ was under $1000/pp. Feel bad for people who paid over $4000 for AQ to see such price drop after final payment.

Doesn't pay to book in advance anymore...